Notices

Am I ready to retore my sanity ????

Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Smyle,
Good to see you here. I've been told in recent weeks from various observers to "slow down". That eagerness to be better--faster--NOW I think overwhelms us, we start thinking on how much there is still to learn, and how powerless we really are, and that can seem so intimidating to progress, and our thinking turns toward what we don't know rather than staying focused on what we DO know. Concentrating on forward thinking turns the whole downward spiral thinking back right side up again...the power of mind in conjunction with heart and spirit can alter ANY negative thought process, it's true! But it's can be a long journey to get to the point that it comes naturally, smoothly, or quickly. In time, with patience and practice and tolerance and learning, we improve, and do better.

Be safe, and well, and stay cool. Peace to you Smyle.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

well spoken alone......Thank you
Old 07-15-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

My name is Vic and I am an addict. Pretty lucky to be sitting here clean. By the Grace of God (of my understanding), the NA/AA Fellowship, and the Program of recovery, I haven't had to take a drug (alcohol is a drug) since May 25, 2006 and for that I am eternally grateful.

Step 2 state, "We came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
You know the word could doesn't mean at all that this Power Greater than ourselves will restore us to sanity. It simply states that it could. Sometimes when I think about that, I say "OK there is a 50% chance that He will restore me to sanity, and there is a 50% chance that he won't restore me to sanity. Now which 50% am I going to seek?" Well for most of us we have to change the way that we think and sometimes in order to do that we have to either "fake it till we make it" or "acting our way into a new way of thinking".

So with that being said I know that I have had to do things completely different this time around. Yes I put myself into out-patient program, I take all suggestions from my sponsor, and my counselor (if they are not the same I use my sponsors suggestions) and I have to live the program to the best of my ability, and in order for me to do that, it has a huge amount of suggestion in the NA Basic Text and the AA Big Book.

One thing that Vic had to learn to do this time around was RULE 62 "Not be so hard on myself" and above that not to put expectations on Vic and also to put away the measuring stick. I was a good one at measuring myself with others and it seemed like there was always a going on! Today I don't have to promise anyone anything and I sure in the heck don't have to make any promises to me! The freedom of the Program IMO is just to let things happen and not try and fight it. I better think about that one. LOL

Anyways try to remember just like I have to remember and also like most of us here have to remember that we are only human! Yep it sure takes a lot of pressure off when we can step back and just say this is life on life's terms so let's enjoy the most of it.

Love Vic
Old 07-15-2006, 12:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am struggling with my thinking and I KNOW THIS YET I KEEP DOING IT....I mean come on already I am driving myself crazy here.

I just have to SLOW DOWN HOMEY.....that is what my sponsor says...it cracks me up ...this girl (ME) just is so used to instant gratfication that my friends always call me "verruca" (from charlie and the chocolate factory) "I don't care how i want it now."...that is/was my motto.... so I have to change ALOT of things....and yes vic...I never saw it like that ...the key word being "could" ...it is a 50-50 there..Thank you for showing me how to read...LOL no but really ..I have read that 100 times but never REALLY read it I guess.....