Notices

Blurriness?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blurriness?

I have a horrible migraine headache and everything is blurry. I feel so weak. Are those normal symptoms of migraines?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yes Hope, blurry eyesight can definitely be a part of a migraine. If it is that bad, get yourself over to the health center on campus.

If you have a prescription for migraine medication, go ahead and take some AS PRESCRIBED to help get through the migraine. They are no fun.

Lying in the dark and quiet with a cold wash cloth over my eyes and a cold can of soda at the back of my neck also gives me some relief, while I wait for the medication to start to work.

Let us know how you are doing.

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Laurie! I've had a rough few days. I tried to go to the student health center that day but they were booked. Today, my head was hurting so bad and my body was so weak, that I had to take the day off from class in order to take care of myself. If it is still hurting tomorrow, I will try to see if I can get into the health center.

I have tried 3 different OTC migraine medications and they have not helped. I am fighting my way through this.

I was sad that I had to miss class but taking care of myself was my number one priority.

Love,

Cheryl
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, absolutely normal. I find it impossible to read when I have a migraine.

In general OTC meds do not begin to touch a migraine, however, IF you catch it before it turns into a migraine, Advil can work. You need to notice the symptoms that a migraine is beginning. I will often see floaty lights in front of my eyes, have nausea and feel generally unwell.

My migraines last for days too, if untreated. I wish you well and take care of yourself.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still have that migraine. I've been in bed a lot over the last few days. I am having trouble tackling my school work or anything that involved deep mental commitment.

I just feel very nauseated now... I think it is because of the pain. I hope this passes soon.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope, do you think it's time to go the dr about this?

A migraine lasting for days is exhausting and there are medications that can really help.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi ,

from my expierience Maxalt is the best but Its expensive ,You really need to see a Dr.

Barb
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I get Migraines I have to get in a dark room and I take about 6-8 Advil. You must eat something first but even if it is a full migraine I can get rid of it with Advil. If it has lasted this long it culd be something more serious than just a migraine. Go to the doctor!!!

GP
Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I tried to get into the health center but they were booked. I am getting ready to head down to the ER. I couldn't even get to class today. It really is that bad.

for my SR family! Love you all!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should go to the ER.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Oh, please do not take 6-8 advil. The bottle says no more than 6 tablets in 24 hours, and that's spread out over the 24 hours.

My aunt has MS and she used to eat advil like candy for pain, and it completely ruined her stomach. She can't take them at all anymore. Her stomach is in to bad of shape.

It's not a good idea,, without your doctors permission to take more than the recommended dose of any medication. We addicts tend to "play" doctor LOL, anyway, and prescribe ourselves meds that aren't good for us.

Hope, I am really glad that you are going to the ER. I hope you finally find some relief. My prayers are with you..

Love,
Becky
Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When I tried to start my car, it would not crank up.. is that the battery that is dead?

I called someone to come pick me up and take me to the ER. I just have to wait on them now.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it's better that you aren't driving yourself with the way you're feeling. I'm glad you are still going to the ER.

Have you been diagnosed with migraines or is this something new?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Maybe is was someone looking out for me by having a dead battery and then having to call someone for a ride. You're right- I really don't need to be driving while I feel like this.

I got diagnosed with migraines a few months ago but this is the first time that it has lasted this long and hurt this bad. Also, I've never had to deal with all of the blurriness and general weakness as I am going through now.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

My daughter and grandson have chronic daily migraines. They've been going through that for a few years. It's always better to be safe. They say if it's the worst headache you've ever had that you should go to the ER.