Notices

I just spoke with Beth (bfree4u).......

Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just spoke with Beth (bfree4u).......

I know about the rules but I specifically asked her if she wanted me to post anything and she said yes and told me what to post so there was no coaxing by me, here it goes..........

She is in rehab, doing well and says Hello and Thank You to everyone. She says that it took her a few more days than expected but she is there now.

Thank you God for helping her get to a hospital! Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts! I hope this is the first step for her of many in the right direction!

GP

Last edited by Anna; 07-06-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that is great news! Thanks for keeping us updated!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
Thank you God for helping her get to a hospital! I hope this is the first step for her of many in the right direction!GP
Yes thank God for that and allowing her to take the first step. Each morning that I awake, as I think it is for most of us, we do steps 1,2, and 3 each morning. It reminds me of a saying on the 3 steps.

1. I can't
2. HP Can
3. I better let my HP do it.

I know that we do have to make the commitment to turn our will and our lives over to the care of. When We can remember to stay out of the way, not to force the issue then it gets better everyday.

Love Vic

((((((((((((((((((((Beth)))))))))))))))))
Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really hope she finally gets the help she needs and that the other poor souls desperately looking for help here can finally get some attention that they obviously need. I wish her the best but other threads go unnoticed, especially in the last few weeks. I myself am guilty of not responding to them. I lost someone very close to me and don’t come on here often and when I do Beth takes over the boards. Now that she is safe and in rehab can we now concentrate on someone else?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Gp, thats a wonderful thing thank you for supporting her in that way.
We all deserve a chance at life. I hope she sees that...

Old 07-06-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by PillPopper
I really hope she finally gets the help she needs and that the other poor souls desperately looking for help here can finally get some attention that they obviously need. I wish her the best but other threads go unnoticed, especially in the last few weeks. I myself am guilty of not responding to them. I lost someone very close to me and don’t come on here often and when I do Beth takes over the boards. Now that she is safe and in rehab can we now concentrate on someone else?
I'm very sorry for your loss, PP. The beautiful thing is that there are so many of us here to respond to these threads. It might seem like they go unnoticed, but they don't. Everyone can't be everywhere all of the time. I feel bad sometimes when I can't greet a newcomer or reply to other threads that I would like, especially when someone is sharing a similar struggle as I am! Heck - I barely have time to keep up with my own threads when I start them!

A lot of us have seen Beth struggling for a long time now. It's been a heart-wrenching and emotional ride. She is one of us.

Georgia Peach..... thank you so much for the wonderful news. I know this was a HUGE step for Beth, and a decision she struggled with for so long. It's a great sign that she is overcoming her fears. Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things for her! Great job Beth!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you having a bad day? This just doesn't sound like you at all! I am here if you need to talk. I know we have put a lot of emphasis on Beth but I have also tried hard to make sure that I respond to all new posts if I have something to say or advice to give and if not then I click that little "thank you". I think I started a thread about this same thing here in the newcomers forum. I do a lot of PM's to others tht no one knows about trying to help as well and I guess this just hurt my feelings to think that you feel that I or anyone else neglects others for Beth. I personally have not posted anything on her since Friday or Monday and that was to say only that I was through if she didn't go to rehab. Again, this just doesn't sound like you at all.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No, I am not having a bad day at all. My point being, if we put all our efforts into all posts that need responses, not just one individual, that SR would be a far better place. I am just as guilty in my own grief not responding to others like I should! I am happy that Beth is in rehab and that is safe for now, I really am. But, there are new people to SR and some even old that might just need the attention that Beth has had in the last few weeks - that's all I am saying. I am sorry. I think I need to take a break from SR. Maybe that's what I will do. I will come back in a couple of months.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't go, we need you here! Like I said, I have tried my best to comment something on all the new posts if I had any advice to give and I have noticed that some of the new threads have like 10 or more posts lately instead of just 2 or 3 and i think that is just wonderful. I understand your point completely but I don't feel as though anyone here who has been honest about their story has been neglected. Beth is the only person tht i have read about on here who is homeless and jobless and at the point of dying if she didn't get help. I could not live with my self if I didn't do everything possible to help her. Again, this post just doesn't sound like you at all.

GP
Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

No, I am not having a bad day at all. My point being, if we put all our efforts into all posts that need responses, not just one individual, that SR would be a far better place
My name is Vic and I am an addict! I think that today I am probably dang lucky to be clean. This all sounds way to familiar! Why? Because I have been there and done that. Yep my little feeling get hurt, when I think that I need attention, and people are not doing what I would like for them to do. I am not in control and actually we all think that we do have control.

You know I think for the most part WE ALL DO OUR FAIR SHARE. Most of us go to extreme lengths to come here and post for others. We are only human and there is NO WAY that ANYONE PERSON can respond to everything. That is why there are so many members, we each have our own things also that we are trying to work out. I have gone days in my other threads without a response, just like the thread "There Is A New Bus In Town." Crap most of the people that jumped right on there don't go there everyday to reply, and yes I have whinnied about that too.

I think that probably something is bothering you because I don't see where everyone is just replying to one post. OMG I have around 50 or more each week to dump out of my box. So anyway I hope that whatever is truly bothering you passes....Keep Coming Back, try to not take things so seriously.

Love Vic
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't want attention. I am sorry - I want those that need attention - other than one individual to get it. I am feeling my own thing right now. I feel like if someone would have paid attention to my cousin that he would still be here. There is more than just Beth on this board. I am leaving SR because I am no good to anyone right now. Please help those who need it that is all I ask. The newcomers, the ones who are struggling, etc. It may not sound like me GP, but then again you don't know me and you don't know what I am going through (not a slam. I think you are the biggest sweetheart). I am just as concerned about Beth as anyone else. Just because I can't afford to get her a room or don't trust her enough to do so, doesn't mean I don't care. I put myself in blame just as much as anyone else here. Like I said, I can't see past my own grief to think of someone else right now. I don't know... I am leaving. Not because of anything or anyone - this site is just bringing me down even further and I need some time to myself.

God bless to all.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

PP, take the time you need to work through your grief. In light of your recent loss, I think I can understand where you're coming from. Just know that you are needed, wanted and loved here and when you are ready we want you back! I know when I am in a bad place already sometimes seeing the stuff on here gets me further down and I know that I have to step back for a while til I can think clearer again. I think maybe that's where you're at right now (just guessing here!)

I feel guilty at times because I don't do a whole lot on the newcomers board, certainly not as much as I should. A lot of times I check out a thread and see what's going on and if others are responding then I just go on to the next one. I get very limited computer time and try to spread myself between here, Alcoholism (cause that's what I am!), AA, Friends & Family and then skim others. Usually a post has to just reach out and grab my heart or correlate directly to something I've already been through or am currently going through and then I will respond. I usually end up writing a book LOL! Like now.

I am glad that Beth is getting help. I have to admit that reading all the back and forth involving her I was wondering if it would happen or if we'd end up getting some bad news in the end. I pray that she will use this opportunity to turn her life around. I also pray that anyone else on here who is suffering will reach out and share what you're going through and allow us to help or at least support you. I know support was CRUCIAL in the beginning for me, even when I was making false starts.

Anyway, PP, please take care of yourself and I hope to see you back as soon as you feel ready.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you are in the place you are right now! I wish I could help! The thing is that I could not afford to get that room, I will be paying on that for about 2-3 months on credit but I felt in my heart that she was ready and was going to go to rehab. She did go but not when planned. You could not help your cousin because you did not know!!! No one knew about you did they? I know that you would have been the first to help him had you known. You say that I don't know you but unless you have just greatly pulled the wool over my eyes, I know that you have a good heart and you care and feel for others so even though I have never met you, I feel as though I know you. You need to talk this out with someone, anyone. A doctor or someone here or a counselor, someone. I am worried about you and how this is effecting you. I know that you two were close but you did nothing wrong and there was nothing you could have done. Could anyone have reasoned with you when you were activly using? I could never reason with my AH when he was using to get high. He is easier now that he is using to stay out of W/D but that is not good enough for me and we talk about it everyday. Talk to you husband or even your dad about how you are feeling. I am very worried about you!

GP
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey PP,,

Please don't leave the boards. If you need, there is always alot of other forums here. You are very welcome to join us in another forum, because it would be tragic for you to leave, when you need the support right now.
Please don't go...

We need you here too. You have much to give. You may not realize it right now, in your grief, but you do..

God Bless you PP..
Many prayers,,
Love,
Becky
Old 07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

*Nods* Pill Popper don't leave, come hang out on another board or something but don't leave.

BeFree, I'm glad your getting well. ;-) Not that you can see this or anything, but I am.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I am leaving. Not because of anything or anyone - this site is just bringing me down even further and I need some time to myself.
Hey PP.. It's me again.. I just re-read this, and was thinking about this.

I don't think it's this site that's bringing you down. I think you are just down. I am sorry for that. . You're grieving, and you are feeling down.

Just remember we love you here at SR. We are here to support you through your hurt. We have all hurt. We know how hurt feels. But hun let it out. Don't stay away, and keep it bottled up inside. This is when you need friends the most.

No matter what you decide, remember, we are here for you. We care about you.. We don't want you to hurt. We want you to let it out.

Please remember, there is a Grief and Loss forum here. check it out. Also don't forget about the Christians in Recovery forum, it is very comforting.,.

Praying for you,,
Love,
Becky
Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

There is more than just Beth on this board. I am leaving SR because I am no good to anyone right now
Sorry that you feel that way. I still believe that most of us do what we can. And like you said that we all have our own issues to deal with. Not saying that someone else issues are not important. I truly feel that SR is one of the best recovery forums around. I feel as if I am welcomed here, and for all of the sh!t that I have caused, I have never been banded from this site. I have only been banded by one site, not to mention anymore about that, for I don't feel that it was justified, and neither do a few other people that go there.

Sometimes we get so caught up in what we feel is right, and sometimes it really isn't that important when we get down to it. See now most of the replies haven't been toward Beth now, they are focused on YOU. The reason being is because here at SR we don't like to make people feel not welcomed. I wish sometimes that I would get more feed back, but I get what I get and I try to use that to help me and others. I hope that you reconsider leaving, each person is like a key on a keyboard. If one key is missing then the rest of the board won't operate well, if at all. So please consider maybe a short break. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I will also try to be more alert to the new people, although I think most of us are alert to them here in the newcomers board. When you are not so new, then you head out to the other forums, I try to stay here for the new people, but mainly I am in the NA forum.

Love Vic
Old 07-06-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We focus on wh o we thing needs the help the most at any given time. This thread started off about Beth but we see that you are more needing of us so we just turned it around and started trying to help you! If you don't post, at least just check back every once in a while through a PM or something. I am still very worried about you. I wish I were there so that I could help you!

GP