Notices

Marijuana hallucinations?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

*Agrees* Glad you are going your separate ways. E can kill you, and esp. with a baby on the way, Good for you for taking control of the situation.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

This man is obviously your close friend and im sure you care a great deal for him.But if you are getting pulled into his world of drink n drugs you will not be able to stop it.!
Im Glad you can see things abit more clearly now.
Backing off from him is a good idea.Think of your safety first.Then in time when you are firmly back in a safe place you can approch him from a different angle.
I never new what the word Boundry ment unti 2000.?When i was in Re-hab.

Good Luck n keep us updated on YOUR progress.please
Old 07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you were buzzed in the past, smoked some stronger pot and got stoned. Man , thats just scary though, someone putting stuff in your drink. I would be furrious:uzi2:
Old 07-08-2006, 06:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Such self-discovery here! Fascinating to observe. I've been following this thread since the day it was posted and remained an observer, curious to see where it would go, certain that you'd find clarity through the process of LOOKING at this, by exposing your thoughts and actions to others. And it works! Drugs really do obscure vision, clouding the whole issue, preventing insight into oneself and realistic perceptions of others. I do recall that mindset of (so-called) friends getting each other high with intent of "helping them to have good time." Not much help to be deceived, is it. The physical effects of hash you smoked (it certainly sounds like that's what it was) and the extascy you were slipped will fade, though the residual effects of this experience on your perspective will remain...you've seen the destruction even "casual" use creates. I highly commend you for being able to see through this, and that you've concluded you need to get away from it right now. Best wishes to you!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've learned a valuable life lesson and now you can move on. Yes, it's been sad, disappointing and a loss to you, but the knowledge you've picked up will carry you forward.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks again guys.

That's an excellent point- that when high, your perceptions are all ones that are not real- and if you are high for 10 years consistently, then you have a full decade under your belt of looking at the world from a thick, dark fog. No wonder it's so hard to get clean- because when you finally sober up, you're probably feeling like you're in a brand new world, a brand new place, with brand new people- then you begin to panic because of the fear of this new place, so you sink back and return into the dark fog of familiarity (drugs).

Not to mention, your brain- how can it function properly after being high for 10 years? I would say that it can't.

This explains the outrageous things these guys say sometimes and could also explain why the one guy waited 2 months to tell me anything about the 1/2 pill extacy thing- because he's just so darn messed up that he wasn't able to clearly make that call.

I remember one night- about 2 months ago- going out and drinking with the first guy (extacy)- and being completely, completely hungover the next day until 9PM- and just wrote it off to having drank too much- but knowing full well that I didn't. And the last 4 hours of that night was a blur- I'm thinking that was the night- and it would make full sense that it was.

Doesn't matter, he's out of the picture- that much I know.

The 2nd friend- I asked him over and over as to why he wouldn't have told me right away after being informed by the first guy about the 1/2 extacy thing.. and he just keeps giving me screwed up logic as to why- that he wasn't sure if he was being told the truth or not, so he didn't run to me and 'squeal'. This, he truly believes- that's his logic. Maybe it's his natural logic (he's been like that since a kid), or maybe his drug use just clouds his vision and takes away the real urgency of this whole thing to him. Either way, he finally told me after I had mentioned last weekend to him (the marijuana) and then everything made sense.

The whole thing's just so sad, but I'm the only one going to emerge out of the whole mess, those two will stay in their dark tunnels.

I'm just scared of the day that I hear of a major overdose from one of them or even worse- it's just a matter of time and when. One day, one of them will smoke bad crack, or take a bad 'E' pill- they have eluded this for years and years now but I tell you, it's on their way.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey, I don't know if you still check this Bool, but I was wondering if you could contact me. I had the same exact thing happen to me and I thought I was the only one in the world. It's been 15 years and I still think about it, which is why I came across this thread in another attempt to search for answers. For me, it was a life changing experience...in some ways for the worse. I have some questions for u if u don't mind. But, I'd rather ask them in private messages.
Thanks for your time!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bartsy

Welcome.
Bool's post above was his last post here to date.

D
Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

To the OP: It might just be your body's way of telling you to lay off the pot.

Maybe it just doesn't agree with you anymore?

I know that my body was telling me in so many different ways until I finally (hopefully for good) listened and decided enough was enough.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Maybe, you should find some different kids on the play ground to play with.

A friend wouldn't lace up a joint and not tell you first.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

same experience

I had the same experience yesterday ... I have tried weed in my life but have never smoked a lot. I tend to drink a lot when I go out but that does not happen very often. Yesterday was a long night of drinking and after that I joined some friends who were smoking weed at their apartment. They are not drug addicts but I know that they like to smoke weed. I was so drunk that I do not even remember smoking but I do remember how scary it was to be in that OTHER world and see people differently and feel like you were drugged and somebody set you up for all this. I FELT LIKE THE WHOLE WORLD WAS A SET UP. I FELT LIKE I WAS POWERLESS TO FIGHT AGAINST ANYONE.. ONE OF THE PEOPLE FROM THE PARTY GOT ME A CAB HOME. I REMEMBER HIS FACE SAYING TO ME THAT I WAS SMOKING WEED AND THAT IT HAD THIS STRANGE EFFECT AND THAT IS HOW I COME TO THIS THOUGHT THAT I SMOKED WEED. But honestly I do not remember. I just remember being in this different world where everyone seemed to know something I don't and be relaxed and knowing what is going on.
I am 26 and live in NYC with no family. That was so scary.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to SR.

I don't know if you noticed that this thread is 6+ years old.

Why don't you start a new thread in the newcomers section which is sure too get more attention and replies.