Notices

Pls help me!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pls help me!

Hi everyone,

I come from a very conservative country and that makes it even more difficult. there is no treatment for codeine addiction here. I have been on this horrific drug for about 5 years but i was never a junkie. In fact, i work in a very respectable field. I have watched my life go from promising to nothing. I have no power whatsoever to kick this habit. I am declining rapidly, i might say i wanna quit now but the next day its like i never said that to myself. I am so ashamed to say this but i get up 2 hours earlier to get my self a fix before going to work. the amazing thing is that no one can guess that i'm on codeine but pple immediately notice that i appear diff when i am not on it. this tells me that i now have to get a fix to be 'normal'. My life has now centred itself on this drug and i am using 70% of my salary on this. I am leading a very lonely life with no one at all. Sometimes i feel it is best to end it all. I don't wanna die small deaths everyday. I am out of control. Pls give me advice and if there is anything on the market to help me out. Please i need help
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are some rapid detox centers in the States but I don't know where you are in relation to this or how much you are willing to spend to be clean. Are there any doctors that you could turn to for this? If we had a better idea of where you are then we could do some research and see what we can find to point you in the right direction.

GP
Old 07-03-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and please don't feel that you are alone!

I think the best thing would be for you to talk to your dr and be honest and express your desire to get off this drug. Your dr will be able to give you best advice as to how to accomplish this.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I come from Singapore. Here drug addicts are punished very severely and there is no rehab centre like what u guys talk about. If i dun do anything about tis i will be dead soon. i am rapidly losing weight, there is blood in my waste matter and i get extremely excruciating pain in my abdomen that lasts a few minutes but its severity can bring a tear to my eye. I really dun know what to do. im so confused
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to go to a hospital and get medical treatment.

Are you able to leave Singapore and go to another country for treatment?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i'm not too sure i can afford it though, even if i can go abroad. How much will this cost? can u pls explain how this works. i really appreciate all your help
Old 07-03-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found this link which is to Narcotics Anonymous in Singapore. Call them and they will help you:

http://www.geocities.com/nasingapore/

Our Contact

Contact Person(s) : Aziz - +65 97189087

: Nor - +65 90624676

: Salimm - +65 91820448

: Mahmod - +65 98712475
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't have personal experience with rehab and I have no idea what it would cost in your country.

The Narcotics Anonymous link I gave says they are open 24 hours. They WILL help you.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Call that number! They can help you and help you get medical attention that yu need right now. Anna gave great advice, please listen to her!

GP
Old 07-03-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

great job Anna....and please call the number and get yourself some help..
Old 07-03-2006, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Oh yes Itzkani..

Please call the number provided.. It's all confidential, and they can help you get the help you need.. Please don't delay.. We will be praying for you..

Please keep us posted..
You will be in our thought and prayers..

Love
Becky
Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Just wanted to add my welcome, Itzkani. Glad you found us. Please post again and let us know what you found out from NA and how you are doing! Best of luck and you are definitely not alone.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes,...call that number. Its the hope you are looking for! I promise. They WILL help you. They WILL NOT punish you. You cannot afford NOT to call.