Notices

There is a New Bus in Town (Part 2)

Old 07-04-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Oh live you are doing wonderful really. I think most of the time we get caught up in the real life that we don't take that special time for us. I think we need to be gentle with ourselves and with each other. One thing Live that I am finding out that I don't have to prove myself to anyone, and not certainly to me. We just try to be ourselves and accept us for who we are at this moment.

Love Vic

PS your are doing wonderful really,,,,,
Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

WOW! Thank you...you made my eyes well up.

I do need to remember Easy Does It!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you are doing really well Live!

I think you're learning how to cope with 'real life' without a substance altering your reality. You remind me of myself when I was newly sober because I had no idea how to have fun. You're questioning this, and trying to think of ways to enjoy yourself that don't involve drinking because you recognize this as an unacceptable choice. You're learning and growing and trying to figure out ways to get through stressful days at work and in life. Be patient with yourself and keep questioning yourself and you'll stay on the right path.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by 51anna
You're learning and growing and trying to figure out ways to get through stressful days at work and in life. Be patient with yourself and keep questioning yourself and you'll stay on the right path.
Thanks Anna that really hit home with me this morning. Keep questioning ourselves phrase mainly, I think that goes to check out our motives, which we are being taught to do. Good stuff that is all I know.

OK the is rolling we had a lovely dinner here, fireworks, and a huge amount of on the trip. Time to keep and moving forward.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

alright people.......i'm having trouble thinking of songs......... how about "Help Somebody" by VanZant

(ME playing my guitar)

Grandaddy was hillbilly scolar, blue collar of a man. He came from the school where you didn't need nothin if u couldn't make it with your own two hands. He was backwoods, backwards, used words like "no sir, yes ma'am, by god, be darned, Hell yeah, I'm American". And all the years he walked this earth, swear all he did was work, he said "the devil dreams on an idle horse, so you listen to me squirt".

"Don't get too high on the bottle, and get right with the man. Fight your fights, find your grace in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can."

Granny said "sonny, stick to your guns if you believe in somethin no matter what, cause it's better to be hated for you are then be loved for who you're not." She was five feet of concrete, New York born and raised on the slick city streets, you'd cold stare you down, stand her ground, still kicking and screaming at 93. I remember just how frail she looked in her hospital bed. Taking her last few breaths of life, smiling as she said......

Don't get too high on the bottle, just a little sip every now & then. Fight your fights, find your grace, in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can"

Never let a cowboy make your coffee, yeah that's what Granny always said to my Grand Dad. And he'd say "never tell a joke that ain't that funny more than once, and if you wanna hear God laugh tell him your plans.......

Don't get too high on the bottle and get right with the man Son. Fight your fights, find you grace in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can........AND GET RIGHT WITH THE MAN!"

THANKS Y'ALL!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by igfan
alright people.......i'm having trouble thinking of songs.........041: how about "Help Somebody" by VanZant

(ME playing my guitar)

Grandaddy was hillbilly scolar, blue collar of a man. He came from the school where you didn't need nothin if u couldn't make it with your own two hands. He was backwoods, backwards, used words like "no sir, yes ma'am, by god, be darned, Hell yeah, I'm American". And all the years he walked this earth, swear all he did was work, he said "the devil dreams on an idle horse, so you listen to me squirt".

"Don't get too high on the bottle, and get right with the man. Fight your fights, find your grace in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can."

Granny said "sonny, stick to your guns if you believe in somethin no matter what, cause it's better to be hated for you are then be loved for who you're not." She was five feet of concrete, New York born and raised on the slick city streets, you'd cold stare you down, stand her ground, still kicking and screaming at 93. I remember just how frail she looked in her hospital bed. Taking her last few breaths of life, smiling as she said......

Don't get too high on the bottle, just a little sip every now & then. Fight your fights, find your grace, in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can"

Never let a cowboy make your coffee, yeah that's what Granny always said to my Grand Dad. And he'd say "never tell a joke that ain't that funny more than once, and if you wanna hear God laugh tell him your plans.......

Don't get too high on the bottle and get right with the man Son. Fight your fights, find you grace in all the things that you can't change and help somebody if you can........AND GET RIGHT WITH THE MAN!"

THANKS Y'ALL!
That was a wonderful song so glad that you are here that is for sure. Hope to hear another one,,,got my new hard drive installed now I am ready to
Old 07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Igfan I got something for you hope you like it, it really fits you here that is for sure
Old 07-05-2006, 10:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

This bus is great! I'm a Day 5 of my sobriety and I feel great. It feels good to NOT be drunk! LOL I don't even WANT any alcohol. I hope this will last! Hugs to everyone and I hope it was a great 4th for you all!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by dollparts
This bus is great! I'm a Day 5 of my sobriety and I feel great. Val004:
Right on day 5 is huge, that reminded me of the 5 day hump that I was in for months. I would always be feeling great and then I would end up high. Well this last time I was feeling good too and I didn't get high or drunk. So WE all know that this process works. Good to have you here on the yep we can do it together.

Love Vic
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Igfan I got something for you hope you like it, it really fits you here that is for sure
Thanks Vic! What can i sing today? It's hard to think of songs with a positive message. How about "The Rose" by Bette Midler

The Rose

Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

I'm going to figure out how to put music on here and then we can all listen to these songs. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I'm going to figure out how to put music on here and then we can all listen to these songs. Hope everyone has a good day!
OMG I Love that song. Um wanting to know how to put songs on here to play I think that Denise (Wingsfree) knows how to do that. I think she has a site to get them from not sure but you could PM her and ask. OK I thought that avatar was right for you. Good to see everyone here on the having a great day YEP
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

That is good music!!

I'm here dancing along!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Hope4life
That is good music!!

I'm here dancing along!
Yep me too it is time to get down and just and have agreat time in sobriety. Yep we are doing the deal now
Old 07-06-2006, 05:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

WOOOHOO!! Look at us with our awesome shades!-------->

AND

Doing the happy sober dance!!

We are SOBER!!!! AWESOME! That is always something to celebrate!

I'm also celebrating because I got rid of that urge I had earlier... I had to call and tell somebody I had the money so I wouldn't be getting any ideas to be sneaky....LOL. That used to be too easy for me but I'm sober and clean today which is a miracle for this addict and for all addicts. ;-)
Old 07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

WOOOHOO!! Look at us with our awesome shades!-------->

AND

Doing the happy sober dance!!

We are SOBER!!!! AWESOME! That is always something to celebrate!

I'm also celebrating because I got rid of that urge I had earlier... I had to call and tell somebody I had the money so I wouldn't be getting any ideas to be sneaky....LOL. That used to be too easy for me but I'm sober and clean today which is a miracle for this addict and for all addicts. ;-)
Way to go Cheryl yep we might have to put that in our bank account now. Good job proud of you.

Love Vic
Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Vic!

Thanks also for the support earlier..... I am truly grateful!

Love,

Cheryl
Old 07-06-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you so much Vic!

Thanks also for the support earlier..... I am truly grateful!

Love,

Cheryl
That is what friends are for Cheryl through thick and thin never to abandon each other but to hang on to each other.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Good Morning riders it looks like it is going to be another beautiful day. It is going to be really and really great to be alive and free to enjoy each moment. I am really :sleeping: but that is just part of life. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Love Vic
Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Good Morning riders it looks like it is going to be another beautiful day. It is going to be really and really great to be alive and free to enjoy each moment. I am really :sleeping: but that is just part of life. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Love Vic
Good Morning everyone.
I had a song all picked out for this morning and then i read Vic's post which made me think of another song, so.........today is your lucky day....you get not one, but two, two songs for the price of one. You may ask yourself, "Cheryl, how can this be true?" but don't worry friends, there are no strings attached. I'm just feeling generous this morning. Wanna know why? OK, i'll tell you why......today is DAY 120 for me! WOO HOO! Who woulda thunk? I did not think it was possible, i didn't think i'd ever make it this far, but look at me go! So, in celebration of my journey down the road of recovery on this grand ol' bus, here are the songs of the day........you even check the songs out!!!!!!! WOO HOO!

GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE - TRAVIS TRITT
http://dw.com.com/redir?ltype=sclip&...3%26r%3D20.asx
I Got Rice cooking in the microwave
Got a three day beard I don't plan to shave
And its a goofy thing but I just gotta say
Hey I'm doing alright.
Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup
Feelin' pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced
No Im just doin' alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

It's been 15 years since I left home
Said good luck to every seed I'd sown,
Give it my best and then I left it alone
Ohhh I hope their doin' alright.
Now I look in the mirror and what do I see?
A lone wolf there ... starin' back at me,
Long in the tooth but harmless as can be,
Lord I guess he's doin' alright

Sometimes its lonely
Sometimes its only me and
The shadows that fill this room,
Sometimes I'm fallin' desperately callin'
Howlin' at the moon

Ahhhwwoooooo! Ahhhwooooooo!

Well I might go get me a new tatoo or
Take my old Harley for a three day cruise
Might even grow me a fu man chu...

Ahhhwwoooooo! Ahhhwooooooo!

I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes

ATTITUDE - WYNONNA JUDD
http://emod.theechoplex.com/client_i...6_01Track1.wma
I've been up and down, sideways, crossways, outside in and inside out
I took a rocket ride across the sky a couple times till the fire burned out
Well I hit the ground a time or two
But I got back up and I found the truth

CHORUS:
I said, hey hey, this newcomer's got something to say
Oh, oh, you know I know what I'm talkin' about
There's two ways to take what this old life's gonna throw at you
You can choose to win or lose, it's all about attitude

Well, this world has tried to break me, shake me, tried to take the fight out of me
But I've always come back bigger-badder-better always land on my feet yeah
Well I could've given up could've got down, down, down
But I kept on swingin' and I went another round

CHORUS

BRIDGE:
You can lay it down, you can roll on over, get outta the way, or you can move that mountain over!

FINAL CHORUS
I say hey hey, this newcomer's got something to say
Oh, oh, you know what I'm talking about y'all
There's two ways to take what this old world's gonna throw at you
It all comes down to you, and attitude...

I think those two songs says it all for today. It's a great day to be alive and it's all about attitude! Have a great day y'all!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I think those two songs says it all for today. It's a great day to be alive and it's all about attitude! Have a great day y'all!
WOW love the songs thanks so much and yes it does go directly to the Attitude of Gratitude, it says that we have never seen anyone fail who keeps a good attitude.

Love Vic

OK riders WE are having such a good turnout on the it really is moving along....good to see that, it makes me