Notices

Would You Like To Share What's On Ur Mind Today?

Old 10-22-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Ditto...((PT))...Very Grateful for that .....
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Today....well...im cleaning like crazy...wonder why? Hmmmm....I think i know....See.....I havent been back home to Baton Rouge in 2 yrs. and we r planning to take a little trip in Dec.. Its the time of the yr. I try to go, esp. to have my kids baby sit the house and pets while we r away. Anyway....

As i have mentioned in many of my post how much I love Baton Rouge, My home town....and would love to go back to stay forever....Well i could if i really really wanted to....but id have to do some major changes in my life....like get a divorce, a place to stay, a full time job....u know all the stuff that can be extremely stressfull if actually happened after 24 yrs marriage.

My other half has no intentions of moving back home ever....We have been here in Houston 10 yrs and i have been trying to accept that this is where i need to be...doing the ...Thy Will be done and not mine....u know what i mean?

Anyway...i almost talked myself out of wanting to go back just because the anxiety of getting things together for the trip, making sure all is covered here at home.....its like at this point in my sobriety..i really dont need or want all this extra stress and anxiety in my life.

Yet...the insanity of it all is beginning to take its toll on me unless i continue to say the Serenity prayer and try to put First Things First....

Sometimes i wonder why i do this to myself......

I got excite when i woke up in the middle of the night and a thought poped into my head....the thought was overwhelming....i was excited and anxious now to go back to BR.

See...all the times ive gone back to BR i have stayed in the hotel by myself which is cool....and my spouse stays with his folks ...me NOOOOO IN LAWS....no family...except my AA family do i want to see when i go home....

Anyway...the idea was to get me a laptop ...which i dont have and bring it with me to the room so i can stay intouch with u guys..... This idea is blowing me away...Im soooooo pumped about this....

See....when i go to BR...im on my own....i go to my meetings..back to my room...ride around injoying the feel of BR again....my home....

and it does get kinda lonely..mainly because i dont live there anymore and wish i could just stay forever.

So i try to make the best of it while i am there.

Soooo...as soon as i get my computer and the kids r out for the Fall semester....and i can tell them at work what days i want off....then im ready to go.....

GOOD TO GO...!

Settle down Sharon....

Friends....if u see any thing wrong with the insanity of my thinking please feel free to share ur thoughts with me....help me to stay focused and take it one day at a time till the trip.

Baton Rouge... Im Coming home soon..... : )
Old 10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

wow what a story, god love you!!! you truly are an inspiration
Old 10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am really trying to react differently to things that happen in my life. I always tend to worry and have anxiety about silly things. I am forcing myself not to entertain those negative thoughts. I am reminding myself that everything is o.k. and I don't need to worry or feel anxious. It is not easy but do-able (made up a new word).
Hugs.
Joanne