SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   1 week up for me ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/96649-1-week-up-me.html)

Aristo 06-22-2006 07:42 AM

1 week up for me !

:c031:

I can't remember having gone a week without a drink since I was 18. I am now 39.

BUT - I have done it now ! YAY :banana:

I am feeling very strong !

And you know what - I am thankful for these boards for the kind words and shares of other's for helping me through !

I'm stoked !

I feel like rewarding myself. What should I do ? Perhaps treat myself to a massage tomorrow - what a great idea ! Any other suggestions ??

Cheerio,

Aristo

c'est la vie 06-22-2006 07:44 AM

:arms:

Yeah!!!
Keep on going!

kali ma 06-22-2006 07:45 AM

:cheer :e025: :dance4:

GOOD JOB!!!

I think a massage is a great idea...hang out in the sun, read a good book, take the day off!! YOU DESERVE IT!!

Hope 06-22-2006 08:10 AM

One week is absolutely fantastic!!

The massage sounds good and like a great way to relax!

Timmm 06-22-2006 08:15 AM

WTG ARISTO !! Keep it up it only gets better from here my friend!! And when your feeling down just come here and we will bring you back up!! You are the Bomb ! You did it and you have control!!!!

Tim

Arura 06-22-2006 08:15 AM

Well done Aristo. :Val004:

Aristo 06-22-2006 08:29 AM

:c017: :c017: :c017:

CarolD 06-22-2006 10:23 AM

:ny9

hector 06-22-2006 10:33 AM

Congrats on a week! Great! Wonderful! Fantastic! Amazing! and.... you'll probably agree, a very short time ago.... UNBELIEVABLE!

I remember very well when I went through what you're going through. I was elated too. I didn't drink, and I didn't die! Felt better than ever! Wow! Unbelievable! I didn't know I could live without booze!

Don't drink (or use), go to meetings, read the Big Book. And celebrate your continuing victory! Follow up the massage with a steak dinner!

I've been sober over 17 years. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

genesee 06-22-2006 10:33 AM

Great for you. It only gets better and better.

Go out for a great dinner and order a BIG bottle of sparkling water. Oh and, be sure to order desert........FIRST!

nogard 06-22-2006 01:27 PM

Congrats Aristo :c005:

Kevin

Kickit 06-22-2006 02:03 PM

Well done! A massage sounds great. Why not have a real pamper day, you deserve it!

NYCGirl 06-22-2006 02:08 PM

Nice Going :banana:

Lollipop 06-22-2006 02:11 PM

:dance1a: Way To Go!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:banana:
:Val004: Love Liss

mygirls_mylife 06-22-2006 05:59 PM

Good for you! I have no idea how to add all the quotes and thingies jumping up and down yet, but believe me, I would insert a few for you! Keep it Up! I'm right behind you!

Aristo 06-23-2006 04:28 AM

Hi Folks,

Had my Massage today - Felt Great !

I was going to have a Chocolate Eclair too - but I thought that would be a bit indulgent.

So I bought a pack of cheezles and a block of chocolate.

Saw my Psycologist today - he was happy ! Funny thing, I spent an hour with him but felt like 5 mins.

Thanks for everyone's best wishes !

I AM THE BEST ! WOOOO HOOOOOO

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST TOO !

Cheers folks - <raises my glass of lemonade to all>

:)

Aristo 06-25-2006 05:41 PM

11 days up and going strong.

I've been feeling a bit strange recently. Tired, but can't sleep. Thinking all the time (not about drinking , which is great).

I have had the occasional fleeting thought of picking up - usually after a stressful sitution - But the thoughts leave quickly after I check in with myself.

I'm quite proud of myself actually <pats myself on the back>

Still have a bit of 'head fog' but don't know if that is because of my drinking or anxiety.

I was hoping my Tinitus would go away - but hasn't yet - maybe later.

I've put on weight - just a few kgs - Haven't been excersising and been enjoying my food too much.

Woke up yesterday feeling absolutely like crap - but I think that is because I have a cold.

Been drinking WAY too much coffee - 2nd cup today already.

Stayed up till 4:00am last night - watching TV , browsing web, keeping myself busy.

Packing my stuff to move house (2.5 weeks to go)

Been E-baying a little.

Had family over for dinner last the other night.

Procrastinating over lots of other stuff too - but better than drinking.

All in all - coping well - Feeling Strong.

Haven't been to a meeting for a week - Don't miss them. Maybe AA is not for me - Seem to be coping better without it.

Been reading lots of stuff on these boards.

Been thinking a lot of my higher power.

Have been writing one piece of wisdom each day - Very thought provocing when you put your mind to it.

Peace & Strength

Aristo

Live 06-25-2006 05:45 PM

Awesome!

NYCGirl 06-25-2006 05:56 PM

:banana: Your doing great, I too am still finding myself in a bit a fog, I am not sure if it's cause I'm not used to being sober all the time.

I havn't exercised in the two weeks, I've been more tired then before, I'm not sure if it the cause or the effect. I going to try to fit in run tommorrow, if not definitly Tuesday before I leave for the city.

Keep the peace and the strength.

Congrads on Day 11 :banana:

Aristo 06-28-2006 07:16 AM

Day 14 starts now - By this time tomorrow I will have my 2 weeks up !

Going Strong !

You can live with out Alcohol. At one point there, I couldn't see that. Now I can ! Holy Moly !

I'm excited