Notices

tell my disease to shut the **** UP!!

Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hate hearing lame answers too. Unfortunately it probably is true.

I have been having a bad evening too (maybe sympathy urges LOL) and I just tried jogging around my house while picking up after my kids. It worked a little bit, at least I don't feel like throwing the computer anymore.

Keep posting here. Use as big a letters as you have to. I'm sure anything you're getting out will help. I also agree about getting to a meeting if you can.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by igfan
unfortunately.......no. I do get out in about a 1/2 hour or so, but my meeting is not until 6:30 EST. We have severe thunderstorms so i'm not going to be able to go for a walk or anything to kill time.
Well - that really stinks.

Let's see -- Hey I know, when was the last time you went out and played in the rain?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love listening to a good thunderstorm and feeling the cool air if I can open the door without it raining into the house. That sounds lovely and would certainly help ME get over my urge. How about you?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey, I...
Tell yourself that this is the primitive part of your brain trying to order you to do something that will be bad for you...it is like an animal and you can "overpower" it by recognizing it for what it is. It can't "make" you do anything, but you can deprive it of what it wants...alcohol. Honestly, since I did Rational Recovery I have had no cravings. If this doesn't work, try to picture yourself in a few years with jaundiced skin, failing liver, bad heart and edematous legs the size of tree trunks. Seriously. Look at web images of people with all of those ailments if that's what it takes. Good luck...
Old 06-20-2006, 12:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Cheryl)))))

I tried to get you on IM but couldn't! One more thing that the NA Basic Text teaches us is a saying in there, "YOU can't save your face and your a$$ at the same time." So I guess I would ask, which one are you trying to save? I am praying and hoping that you are saving your a$$ right now.

Love Vic
Old 06-20-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

Hey Ig;

Hope things are going better now that the day is almost over! I have been out of work for 3 weeks (i had a procedure on my back, then my dr. took me off of opiate medication cold turkey, I hated him for it, but it was the best thing that could have happened to me!!!). I am depressed and miserable, thinking about taking pills every 5 seconds it seems like, but...THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!

Take care and hang in there!!!

Luv;

Jaz
Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazpoppy
Hey Ig;

Hope things are going better now that the day is almost over! I have been out of work for 3 weeks (i had a procedure on my back, then my dr. took me off of opiate medication cold turkey, I hated him for it, but it was the best thing that could have happened to me!!!). I am depressed and miserable, thinking about taking pills every 5 seconds it seems like, but...THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!

Take care and hang in there!!!

Luv;

Jaz
Thanks Jaz, i do feel a little better, but still killing time until my meeting. I called a friend in the program who was a friend before i was in the program and we talked for about 45 minutes, she knows how i think cause she thinks just like me. She knows what i need to hear and what i want to hear and it helps. I'm going to go to my meeting tonight, share what's going on (which i never do) and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I feel like i'm out the woods for tonight (Thanks to everyone's support here today, i don't know if i coulda done it without you guys).

Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Mr .HELP ME I HAVE KIDS

Sorry u had a bad day Ig But wtg on not giving in to the Demon you did the right thing by calling on us and your sober friends to keep you sober ,Your on the right path and we are proud of you .

Remember if you need us we are here for you 100%

Luv ur bro
Tim
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just have to keep thanking you all for shedding light on what my AH is struggling with.

While I'm at it I'll add yet another message to the disease...
SHUT THE **** UP!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

And I second that **** UP!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning, Ig! Hope you're doing OK and found some "uplifting" at the meeting. Sounds like you're fighting an awfully tough round, but stay in there and let us know how you're doing! One thing I've found is even the toughest rounds are followed by a breather, like your addict voice just wore itself out attacking you, so hang in there and soon you'll find it losing it's grip. It'll come back, but every time you beat it you have learned more tools to make the fight easier next time! I love that you started this post - I thought I was loony for talking to my addiction - I call it "Bob", so my version for today is "Not today! So shut the **** up, Bob!" Lots of love and strength to you, plus a cheering banana chorus line (who came up with these guys?)!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wishful
Good morning, Ig! Hope you're doing OK and found some "uplifting" at the meeting. Sounds like you're fighting an awfully tough round, but stay in there and let us know how you're doing! One thing I've found is even the toughest rounds are followed by a breather, like your addict voice just wore itself out attacking you, so hang in there and soon you'll find it losing it's grip. It'll come back, but every time you beat it you have learned more tools to make the fight easier next time! I love that you started this post - I thought I was loony for talking to my addiction - I call it "Bob", so my version for today is "Not today! So shut the **** up, Bob!" Lots of love and strength to you, plus a cheering banana chorus line (who came up with these guys?)!
Hi All! I did it, "Closer I am to fine...........yeah!" I went to my meeting last night, with about 2 minutes left in the meeting i shared what's been going on, i think it helped. I cranked the Eagles "One Day at a Time" and headed on home. Watched the Red Sox beat up on the "Washington what-ever-they ares" and told my husband how i had been feeling. He knew there was something wrong, but didn't know it was cause i was struggling so bad. Today seems to be a better day. Just goes to show, the program does work (if you work it)

Old 06-21-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I thought I was loony for talking to my addiction - I call it "Bob", so my version for today is "Not today! So shut the **** up, Bob!"
Oh, one more thing Wishful, i like the naming of the addiction. I think i'll name mine. Any ideas? How about.......Lucy, or A*SHOLE......... (I don't know why they have that smiley if you can't use it!)

NOT TODAY A*SHOLE, SHUT THE F*** UP!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

WTG IG!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you could do it!!!!!! F**k the damn disease!!!!!!! I like the idea of naming it too..........I can see myself passing the beer section in the grocery store and telling "whatever name I come up with" to STFU!!!! NOT TODAY!!!! Go Away!!!!!!! People will look at me like Im nuts......wait I AM nuts so who cares..........a sober nut is better then a drunk one right???? LMAO

Glad your feeling better!!!! Glad you told hubby you were having a hard time, you dont have to get through it alone!!!!!!
Love Liss
Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That is such great news Igfan. I was just going to send you a PM and ask you how you did it cause I need a new suggestion. It sounds like it was a meeting that helped. I guess I'll try to make one work tonight, but I don't know how.

Good to hear you talked to your hub. It's such a relief to get it out in the open.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
On a tear

Thanks for sharing your experience and strength, Ig... lots of lurkers here trying to figure out just how not to drink today...your sharing helps more than you know.

((((Igfan))))
Old 06-21-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
It sounds like it was a meeting that helped. I guess I'll try to make one work tonight, but I don't know how.
????????
Old 06-21-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by igfan
????????
You said you went to a meeting last night and shared and you feel better now. Did I miss something?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
You said you went to a meeting last night and shared and you feel better now. Did I miss something?
no, i just wondering why you didn't know if you'd be able to make a meeting work..........did you mean you were going to go to a meeting but didn't know if it would help you OR you didn't know if you'd be able to get to a meeting?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

IG - you sound in much better spirits today. I'm proud of you for beating your thoughts yesterday. WTG!! Keep being strong.

~doll