SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I feel kind of ignored at SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/96357-i-feel-kind-ignored-sr.html)

Little Missy 06-19-2006 03:37 AM

See ((Cheryl)) people respond!!

The feelings that we have are not stupid. They are real to us. I think it is good to get out our feelings and see why we are having them. I think a lot of us have experienced the "Why is nobody responding" thing.

When I first came here, a friend of mine had the same sobriety date as me, just a different month. Another friend would make us each a thread for our birthdays. He always got more responses then me. At the time, I would be sad, hurt, mad. But I learn a lesson from it. Just like others have said, it's not the quantity it's the quality!!

I also learned more difficult lessons. Realized that I always wanted more, (just like with alcohol), now I know, I have everything I need. Learned that it hurt my ego, instead of being humble. Felt sorry for myself, instead of being grateful. And one of the biggest lessons I learned, was the world was not all about me. How can that be? LOL

Learning is part of growing!! What are the "whys" to how you are feeling?
It's all in the journey girl!! Keep up the good work!!

Arura 06-19-2006 03:58 AM

Hi hope thanks for your posts in response to my s~~t. i agree that sometimes it feels like nobodys there...! but they are.... it takes me ages to
write the posts ,also to read others...n respond..?
Thanks for your surrport.......
soon A...

velvet 06-19-2006 03:59 AM

Hey Hope4, don't feel left out. I think we all feel that way at times. I know I have felt like that, since I've had my absence and then come back. Sometimes I don't even post, just read. There are so many post, that sometimes you just don't get to all the ones you want to. I'm working two jobs now, so I don't always get to spend the time answering posts. You are important, we all are. But don't ever feel stupid, it's human nature to want to be noticed and have attention. You are the one who had the guts to post about it!! Much love, Velvet.

Live 06-19-2006 09:24 AM

Hope, I have looked at your journey thread a number of times and thought I will read that, but it is very long and I am tired. And I am selfish. Since I am struggling with benzo detox, I tend to look for threads that pertain to my DOC.
But I am going to read your journey today. Not right now, but today.
live

Luckyv2 06-19-2006 09:33 AM

I can relate Cheryl, I have had the same feeling before, but not today. I have to remember that there are thousands of members here. Everyone of us are special in our own way. I do try to get to as many as I can, people ask me to watch for there post, and I have my own that I try to keep going. The thing is that we are all here to help each other, I suppose the most important thing here is to practice ''acceptance''. Usually if I am in the acceptance mode as I call it, then I don't get into that other mind frame.

My computer crashed yesterday, so I am truly sorry that I couldn't get here till now, but that is just living life on life's terms. You know Cheryl that I care about you a lot :c005: We even have the same birthdays :) . So give yourself a break, it is ok to feel the feelings, own the feelings, live the feeling, then it is time to let it go and move on. You are very important here to many.

Love vic :bananadan

Cathy31 06-19-2006 11:30 AM

(((Hope)))
You are a shining light! :)

Love
CAthy31
x

PaperDolls 06-19-2006 11:41 AM

Hope,

I know how you feel. I would guess that almost all of us here at SR have felt that way some time or another. I read tons of posts that I don't reply to. Sometimes I just don't have any experience with the topic, other times I can relate so closely and I'm in the same predicament that I'm just waiting to read other responses to help me in my own situation.

Some one here said it, sometimes we get too involved in our own problems. I know I do, especially if I'm having a bad day.

I want you to know I care about you, even if I don't reply, and that I can really relate to how you are feeling.

~doll

Hope 06-19-2006 12:05 PM

Thanks for the responses. It was really hard for me to be open and honest about my feelings. After I open up about my feelings, I just feel so vulnerable and that is something that I'm not used to feeling. The responses helped me put things into perspective. Sometimes even though we may know something deep within, sometimes it really helps to see and hear other people saying it.

Smyle 06-19-2006 12:05 PM

I too read alot of posts and don't reply for the very reasons PD said...I think you are an inspiration to alot of people here and I care about you and your recovery

Luckyv2 06-19-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Smyle
I too read alot of posts and don't reply for the very reasons PD said...I think you are an inspiration to alot of people here and I care about you and your recovery

I know that She is an inspirtation to me and I do like her spirituality a lot.....:)

nogard 06-19-2006 02:15 PM

lol Cheryl how is that for responses.

Keep coming back.

Kevin

Hope 06-19-2006 02:21 PM

Now I feel extremely loved. :)

Done_With_It 06-19-2006 07:40 PM

Good, Cause you are.

2dayzmuse 06-19-2006 08:14 PM

We are your second family here. You can always come here for love and support.

Luckyv2 06-20-2006 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
We are your second family here. You can always come here for love and support.

:c031:

Hope 06-20-2006 05:45 AM

Love you all!!!

((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))