Notices

Im nervous

Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lollipop, I am SO glad things turned out ok. It is hard to watch a drunk parent and not be affected by it. I deal with the same thing with my dad. It just makes me that much more determined to stay sober myself as well as set forth an example that it CAN be done!

Big, big hugs to you!
Kellye
Old 06-18-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I like the AM with no hang over too.

The DAD thing I don't know, mines a die hard Democrt could get ugly either way.

PS todays day 7 for me too!
Old 06-18-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

EEEK!!! NYC.....mine is a big mouth diehard republican who swears he is neither (2 minutes of listening to his BS and you know better LMAO)

We share the same anniversary!!!!! WTG 7 Days, Im amazed at how different I feel and think about things already!!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

:EEEK: is rihgt.

Gotta sign off now, I am taking an online class and I have a paper due at midnight. I try and catch up wiht you tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Resentment Building

Originally Posted by Lollipop
LOL ........Aristo.......ya shoulda come on over.....
Ha ha - I would have loved to - But I might have been a bit far to travel from Sydney to Ohio !

Glad it all went well.

You have inspired me to cook ribs for my next BBQ ! !

Keep up the good work !
Old 06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats Lollipop - although I knew you could do it! Your posts sounded very determined
Old 06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

You got any leftovers?

I'll be right over.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

LOL there are a couple pieces of ribs and some chicken left but HURRY!!!!! The kids will be up soon and they can be lil' vultures !!!!

I should have a HUGE N/A party and grillout though, now THAT would be a blast, and everyone could try hubbys awesome cooking......oh man......when I drank I didnt eat...........Ima be the size of a bus.........LOL
Seriously though, maybe in the fall or something.......cornhole or bocceball anyone???? Im in Ohio though........would have to see who is close enough to make it............plenty of iced tea and sodas to go around too........
Love Liss
Old 06-19-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Lollipop, I'm glad things went so well! LOL, my girl friend's father sounds a bit like your dad...I just don't engage with him, especially after he's been drinking for a while. My first "sober" event with my girl friend's family will be next sunday...that'll be interesting, huh? All of these firsts! I guess it's gonna be a busy year...
Anyway...glad it was a success!

drew
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It was a huge success....we had alot of fun, and the most important person in my life made it through with flying colors! Lollipop is, and always has been, the love of my life. I could never dream of living without her. She has been sober for a full 7 days now, starting the eighth today, which isn't a very long time....except for those that understand just how hard it is to fight this disease, and the fact that she has done this with VERY little to NO lifestyle changes. She still has to see her parents sit and drink everyday, her father...to excess! And she has been so strong....words are not useful here in describing just how proud I am of my wife....or how much I love her. She has been a bit "irritable" at times lol, but I have just tried my best to be supportive and give space when needed, and hugs when needed. So far - so good I guess heh. The advice and support from EVERYONE here is absolutely wonderful. Keep up the good work everyone!

And as far as leftovers go......MINE!!!! hehehehe
Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

LOL Thanks hubby

Drew, Im the same.....in fact my whole family is, when it comes to my Dad after a few (LOT) too many, we RUN for cover LOL. So your first sober event with the g/f's family is coming up?! Good luck to ya, you will be just fine, I was soooooo scared yesterday but all for no reason, in fact it went the opposite of what I thought it would, I thought the longer the day went, the more I would want a beer when in fact, the later it got, the LESS I wanted one!!!!!

Let us know how it goes!!!! I will be thinkin of ya!!!
~Hugs!~ Liss
Old 06-19-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Lollipop,
glad you made it through your cookout. I had a similar experience for Memorial Day weekend. Every year we go camping with a large group of people (drinkers) and this year was no different (except this year i wasn't drinking). Everyone told me not to go, but we made reservations a year ago, the kids enjoy it and i needed to prove to myself that i could go and have fun without drinking, and i did it! It felt good. As far as your husband offering not to drink, absolutely take him up on it. For 20 years my husband & i have been drinking buddies. When i stopped drinking, he stopped drinking, not because he had a problem too, but because he knew that watching him drink would be hard for me, and i can't have booze in the house at all. He has not drank since Super Bowl Sunday, he feels better, we get along great (we've always gotten along good, but our communicaation left something to be desired) and he enjoys being sober with me. It's awesome. It sounds like you got yourself a great guy Liss, hold on to him, they're hard to come by (at least that's what i hear).

Keep up the good work!
Cheryl
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Cheryl,
Yup, Im holding fast, he is a great guy and can cook too LOL

You and your hubby sound a lot like us!! We were best friends for years before we became highschool sweethearts/drinking buddies/ married......now we are moving into a new place in life and Im liking it LOL
Liss
Old 06-19-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lollipop
Thanks Cheryl,
Yup, Im holding fast, he is a great guy and can cook too LOL

You and your hubby sound a lot like us!! We were best friends for years before we became highschool sweethearts/drinking buddies/ married......now we are moving into a new place in life and Im liking it LOL
Liss
yeah, we do sound alike. My husband & I have known each other since Jr. High, but never spoke to each other until our Jr. year of high school, he made me laugh and that's all it took, we've been together ever since. We had great times drinking, now we're learning how to have fun sober. He's a great cook too! Not always a good thing when you're trying to lose weight.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

All that talk about ribs, I had to make some for dinner last night.
Hope all is well.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great job! Sorry I didn't post yesterday to tell you how proud I am of you. You are doing fine and I know that you will not give up! You are strong and you showed that on Sunday. Congratulations!

GP

Oh, is the iced tea sweet? You know how we are down here in the South! Gotta have that sweet tea.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Got Both Sweetie.....sweetened and unsweetened..............and its REAL SUN Tea!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sounds good, I could go for a big tall glass right now, it is about 95 down here today!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Whew ...... its gonna come close here tomorrow............come on now.......iced tea, ribs on the bbq and the pool are a waitin!!!!!! ohhhhhhhhhh and Im makin Paula Dean's homemade FRESH peach cobbler for desert!!!!!!! Even got them fancy shmancy umbrellas for the drinks!!!!
Love Liss
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh, I love to watch Paula Cook! She is from Savannah, GA you know! I could hop on Air Tran and be ther in an hour or so. I don't think that my Ah would understand because he is the cook at my house and he might get offended but I just may get him to cook me some ribs this weekend. I don't have a pool though, maybe that can be my excuse, "Honey, I have to go to Ohio to have a BBQ becasue they have a pool". You think he woukld buy it?