Notices

coversation about rehab turned out discouraging

Old 06-14-2006, 08:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Because you are think irrationally! Remember what Vic said, don't think for yourself. let others think for you for a change.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Beth there is a guy in the NA forum who is willing to help you and lives where you live are you willing? Don't die Beth let him help you!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

*hopes Beth is ok*
Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Thirty years of using, Beth? I don't know how old you are, but at thirty-four years old, I had twenty-five years of heavy using under my poor, pathetic belt. I had screwed up everything I tried to do, I drove everyone I ever loved away from me, and I had wasted more potential than most people have to begin with.

All I knew was using. From the every-weekend drunks when I was nine years old to overcoming my fear and revulsion and smoking crack with a man who'd brutally raped me years before because "he had the stuff," my thought processes were so screwed up, there's no doubt in my mind that it's a miracle that I'm alive and clean today.

I had to relearn everything. I had to learn that true survival was not lying and cheating to get what I needed. I had to learn that self-pity would only drag me down further and was nothing but an excuse. We all have things to deal with, and I only had to deal with the hand I've been dealt. I had to learn that, although I needed to consider how my actions affected other people, I could not manipulate others with people-pleasing tactics to get my own way. I had to not only do the next right thing, but I had to do it for the right reasons. It took a long time to learn just a little bit about right things and right reasons. It's a process, and we aim for progress along the path. If we only settle for perfection, we're doomed to failure.

Statistics? It's been said....we've found a way that's 100% effective. It involves change, and for me, without that willingness, my chances were zero.

What are your chances, Beth?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I like what you said Sugah! From the looks of things, you found your 100% and never looked back! Good for you!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I READ THIS ON A POST ONE DAY.....LIVE UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL NOT DOWN TO YOUR ADDICTION !!!!! I keep it with me always and I say it everytime i want to use or get to feeling weak....
Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

bfree, this is perfect for you! Print this out and keep it with you at all times! You have so much potential but the drugs and alcohol are holding you back! Cut that rope & run for the hills! We will be there waiting for you!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Beth, did you ever read this?