Notices

coversation about rehab turned out discouraging

Old 06-14-2006, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Our addictive minds will help us look and find a excuse not to quit...your addiction is telling you that because the stats are the way they are that you are likely to fall into the catagory of people who do not quit..

My excuse was that my whole fam damily are addicts so why shouldn't I be as well. If you want to be clean you will cast down every excuse that comes up...
Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((((((((((((((Beth))))))))))))))))))))))

Don't go get high, don't use that as an excuse to get high. We all have a choice.

ESH

Back in the year of 2004 when I kept relapsing (almost had two years ) I went in to see my psychiatrist, they wanted to put me on medication and I was totally against it. I was of course upset at them saying that I needed to be medicated. When I came out of the Doctors Office, I noticed my counselor standing at the exit, on the counter. She said Vic I need you to sign this. I looked at it, and it was a paper saying that I concented to go to treatment. I looked at her and said that I didn't need treatment! She looked at me and said, YES YOU DO! Damn that made me more mad, on the way out of the building I said "I will show you who needs treatment, and went and bought a half ounce of ICE" Now I don't need treatment you all are screwed up in the head, and in all actuality I was the one that was screwed up in the head, I still am

Remember Beth, I also told you to take what you want and leave the rest. That is part of the program also, everyone is allowed to have there opinions. That is why we should not really give our own opinions, even though we do. We should only give our ESH, then there is no real ground for arguments like what happen on the other thread. None of us are perfect, NONE of us. I do hope that you come back, don't let it eat you up, write down why it made you so mad, write it down that is part of the program. Anyway I wish that I was here when this happened, I don't think that would have really mattered though I am someone who always thinks that maybe I can fix things when I can not even fix myself.

LOVE YOU BETH

Vic
Old 06-14-2006, 07:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

DWI very good point!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Going to rehab is not going to fix your problems, you are the only one who can fix your problems, all they do is try to help you. If you accept their help and follow their advice, you will succeed, if you choose to go back to using, that is up to you. I did two stints in rehab and picked up 23 days after the first one and on my way home from the second one. That said, I did learn a lot there that helps me today, now that I have made the decision to stay clean. Nobody but you can make you stay clean. You make the choice to pick up that pipe, I dont' think anyone forces it into your mouth and makes you inhale. The bottom line is, it is up to you. Help and suggestions have been offered to you here, but if you choose not to accept them, there is no one to blame but yourself. I used to point the finger at everyone but myself for my problems. Job stress, wife not paying attention to me, I wasn't really hurting anyone, etc. the list can go on forever, but until you are ready to take responsibility for your actions and accept help that is offered, you will probabaly continue to fail. Hate to be negative, but I want people to have a realistic outlook on treatment. It's not like going to the hospital where they patch you up and you are ok when you leave. They teach you some skills, give you some time out of circulation, and the rest is up to you. Take care.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Done-With_It
But I always have to tell myself over and over that I don't have to believe everything I think..........
Old 06-14-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I take GREAT offense with this post. Who the hell do you think you are telling someone that they are wasting everyone's time withk their posts. If you don't want to read them then just move on. This is a site for support not smart a$$ coments like your's. Maybe once you've been around a little longer you will figure that out.:lame:

Originally Posted by janew
I think you are wasting everyone's valuable time with your posts.

Come back when you are ready for a change.

janew
Old 06-14-2006, 07:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OMG everyone, can we not all get along? I mean OMG>>>>> I would only wish that, we all struggle from time to time! NONE OF US ARE IMMUNED. If we all had the answers to everything we sure wouldn't need to be here. I for one have caused a huge amount of kayos here at SR. I am not proud of it .
I have even hurt some of the relationships that I thought I once had, and now seem to be gone. Still troubles of my own making. If we could look at ourselves, instead of pointing fingers then it would be a lot more beneficial.

We are here as a family YES? We are here not to tear each other down, right? That is part of the program from what I have learned, isn't it better to understand than to be understood, to love rather than to be loved. None of us are perfect, I have seen some comments that I would love to take there heads and put them up there A$$. People get a year sobriety (just like me) and think they have all of this crap figured out. Well let me tell everyone here including myself, the moment that we are there, if we are lucky we won't relapse. I know, that is part of my story.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thumbs down

janew
Jane;
Our purpose here at SR is to help or be helped.
Please tell me exactly which one of these two reasons for posting that you are doing?
Sometimes, it's best not to say anything.... :nono:

Tyler;
Please allow the mods to take care of these things. And please feel free to PM a mod when there is a problem you believe needs to be handled.
Thank you...

Shalom!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

janew

I don't think that we need to start this here on this Thread. The other one got a little heated and was closed, lets don't let that happen here.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Beth-

ARE YOU READY?????

That is all it boils down to in the long or short run of things! I think that when you are clean that you are ready for a new and sober life but as soon as you get mad or depressed or upset, you use and then you are no longer ready and I believe that the drugs make you say taht you are not ready. We are all willing to help as soon as you are ready to help yourself.

Oh, clean out your PM mail box.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

bfree-

One more thing........

DON'T BE A STATISTIC!!!

You don't seem like the type who has ever let others tell you what you can or cannot do so why would you let an article tell you that you cannot get clean and live a normal and sober life? I want to talk to Beth, not the Meth, send her back here so we can talk because I like her much better!!! Stay clean for today!!!! We will deal with tomorrow, tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

JANEW you are right I have been wasting everyones time. I am done with everything
Old 06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

NO, you have not been wasting my time and I believe that I am the only one who can determine or make that judgement for myself!!! If I didn't want to try to help you then I don't have to log on and if I do I don't have to open up your threads!!!!! I for one don't want you to leave!!!! Please don't go, stand up to the negative and tell it to leave you alone that you don't want any!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am leaving belleville leaving the cat, leaving. Now everyone has something tangible to say about how pathetic and into self pity I am.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
NO, you have not been wasting my time and I believe that I am the only one who can determine or make that judgement for myself!!! If I didn't want to try to help you then I don't have to log on and if I do I don't have to open up your threads!!!!! I for one don't want you to leave!!!! Please don't go, stand up to the negative and tell it to leave you alone that you don't want any!!!!
NO you are not wasting time there is a guy in the NA forum that lives where you live offering to help you please go look at that and PM him.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by bfree4u
I am leaving belleville leaving the cat, leaving. Now everyone has something tangible to say about how pathetic and into self pity I am.
Are you going to come and stay with me
Old 06-14-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I wish that were the case Vic, but i am just gooing to walk as fr s I can dont know where. What state you in I will try to walk there
Old 06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Bfree,

Give yourself 24 hours to see if you still want to do this tomorow. You can always do the same thing if you choose.

Right now, take a deep breath........

Try and focus on Acting rather than Reacting to what is said.......

People here just really care and we don't want to watch you die.

I hope to see you on here today.

Be safe, take care of yourself.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Besides your cat needs you........ He won't understand why your gone if you go.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Done-with-it why did you have to say that about my cat. I want to go far far away. Why did you have to bring up the cat?