Notices

Oh the anger......

Old 06-10-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
Well you know I love a good puzzle (refraining from adding an izzle)
but this one leaves me clueless. And wondering seriously why you're not talking. respectfully...

Holy crap....

Are you running DOS on your computer? Jeez O' Petes. "lol" is internet jargon for L.augh O.ut L.oud

I was laughing at your post.

Hee hee......I thought everyone knew THAT. So cute....

That reminds me of a cute story:

My 75 yr old Grandmother one day said to me....Me and your aunt wendy are "taking in a show" this afternoon. Which I quickly looked up in my "Roaring Twenties Lingo" handbook, and found that it meant "going to the movies". I asked her what they were going to see. She said "Its the one with Mable Ryan" I assume she meant 'Meg' Ryan because the next thing she said was "Its called "Yer gettin a letter" (You've Got Mail)

I thought that was priceless.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Now I'm laughing out loud. I TOLD you I spend waaay too much time isolated out here in the woods! Yep, seriously out of touch. I surmised it meant either "lots of luck" or "lots of love". (this is a very old computer, 56K dial-up, wired in by a cable with a couple tin cans on either end). I'm neither shy or embarrassed by my ignorance. And I do appreciate being informed. On that note Earlybird...???
OK, I'll stop asking now.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((Etimizzle)))
Brain explizzle.
I love it!

Hey,...you guys HiJizzled my thrizzle.
We're aware of that! Because we are entertaining ourselves while waiting for you to let us know how you are doing, early bizzle!

;-)
Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family!

Hi EarlyBird,

Thanks for challenging me in a post the other day--I needed that question you posed...

I've been skimming through some of your threads...Your family is absolutely toxic--especially your Mother! (She sounds a lot like my Father was.)

It's almost like they NEED you to be their scapegoat and you're screwing it all up now...You've caused them to be "off script" for the blame game they want to play.

It hurt me so much to realize that my Father was a narcissist. Luckily I had a Mother who wrote me a note that said something to the effect that I had better accept that he was all about himself and that I had better move on realizing I'd never have the Father I wanted or deserved.

You may want to consider the same thing. It sounds like you've ascended beyond them and nothing you can do can bring them to your new reality. Frankly, I think they might even be a bit jealous on some level.

I still have a hard time getting my Father's griping about me out of my head. I even got a graduate degree thinking he would respect that at least. Nope...he almost didn't even attend the graduation. I fight every day him ruling me from the grave.

Don't let this be you. Life is too short. Getting enough distance from them might be the best sobriety insurance policy you can give yourself.

I love the lyrics to "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. They remind me of my need to breakaway from addiction AND the thoughts my father has put in my head. Get out of the house as soon as you can if you haven't already. Get a roommate (or two) if need be...

Also, I highly recommend a book called "Emotional Blackmail" by Susan Forward. It changed my life when I read about how someone can use fear obligation and guilt against you to get what they want. The main thing is to NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU DEFENSIVE. SAY "YOU MAY BE RIGHT, BUT I'VE MADE MY DECISION"--and say it without an ounce of defensiveness in your tone or body language. If they don't accept you for what you are (and were) then they don't understand unconditional love.

Good Luck and stay strong. You are an inspiration to the SR gang!

Here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...391117?ie=UTF8

Breakaway Lyrics by Kelly Clarkson

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I just stared out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)

Trying not to reach out
But when I'd try to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I pray (I would pray)
I could breakaway

[Chorus:]
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

[Chorus]

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway
Old 07-31-2006, 05:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I just noticed this book on Amazon from the same author that might be even better!

"Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life "

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055...391117?ie=UTF8