Notices

women sponsorship

Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

women sponsorship

Hi! I have 32 days clean and sober today one day at a time and with Gods help. I am having a problem though with the women in my group who don't want to give it away. They have several years of soberity but are scared of me they say I'm too demanding. I don't understand I want someone to know me and hold me accountable or call me on my stuff. Is that wrong? Thank You Eddie for your suggestions. I am thinking about moving to North Carolina and continueing my soberity there. The thing is I am getting on my knees both in the morning and at night and asking God to keep me sober and thanking him at night, but how do I get rid of my fear of no job, no insurance, no money and I doing the foot work looking. How do you go on blind faith and what is blind faith? Someone said acceptance is the key to all my problems, it don't pay the bills. It only shows what a mess I...ME....has made.I don't know anyone in North Carolina but my brother has a house there he would let me stay in in Lexington, and I KNOW AA is not far is in highpoint strong. I don't know I guess I will continue to pray about it and ask only for Gods will for me whatever that is. Thanks for letting me share. P.S. They also said I was real angry and that pissed me off.:uzi2:
Old 06-03-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

The first thing my sponsor told me was, "I'm not your mother."

The primary role of a sponsor is to take a sponsee through the steps and the first 164 pages of the big book. Through doing that, we get to know each other pretty well. Maybe you're expecting too much too soon from a sponsor/sponsee relationship?

I can't really comment on the fear issue, other than I've been in situations of economic insecurity, and I know it didn't get any better for me until I did what was in front of me to do, asked for help, and let go and let God.

Peace & Love,
Sugah