Notices

Is there a glossary of terms on this site?

Old 05-28-2006, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Is there a glossary of terms on this site?

Relatively new here, and running across a lot of terms (and a TON of acronyms) that I'm unfamiliar with. Most of the time I can figure out by context, but was just wondering if there's any sort of glossary or dictionary to help us newbies learn the lingo
Old 05-28-2006, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Wishful--Wanted to add my welcome. I don't think I have seen you here before.

As far as a glossary, that is a really good idea, but I don't think there is one. I will bring it up to the powers that be and see what we can do. Perhaps we could start a thread somewhere...... Let's think on this for a minute......

Always--feel free to ask if you feel confused. It took me quite a while and I am still learning!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome to SR (Soberrecovery) LOL

I too get confused sometimes. We'll work on getting that put together. I could benefit from it myself!!

Glad you're here. Keep posting and reading. When confused, just ask, somebody may know!!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, all! I think it would be a very helpful addition - even just learning some terms has been very helpful in analyzing my own behavior and learning about the many aspects of substance abuse, including those that apply to me! (Hmmm, what is a "functional alcoholic" ... ah ha, ... yes, ... oh dear, that's me in a nutshell!).

I've figured out PAWS and some other items, but I'm still stumped by a few. What is/are "ESH" as in "share ESH" - experiences .... ? (something, something)?
Old 05-28-2006, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
duck amuck

I think ESH is experience, strength and hope. I wouldn't know that if I hadn't heard it at AA meetings though.

I agree a glossary would be a good thing, I'm kind of in the same boat as far as figuring out what things means. It's not wrong to ask questions though!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Check out "what is recovery."
I just started one.
Post any other acronyms and or words you don't understand. We will put them in alphebetical order, for ease of finding information.

Great idea wishful!
And lunkker, you are right on with ESH!

Shalom!