Notices

I'm not too sure I want to recover yet

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

i know a guy in NA. he shares that he used to attend meetings regularly but he was loaded at every single one. EVERYONE welcomed him with open arms. as you are welcome here too - whether you drink or not!!! oh, and he's been clean now for 4 years!!! "you hang around the barber shop long enough, you're bound to get a haircut"!!! so, stick around, we all love you.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

There's a lot of really great people on here I might not have ever got to know otherwise.

That being said, no one on here can tell you you're an alcoholic or not. The decision is yours alone. I tried for many years to con myself into thinking, I wasn't a drunk. I can still say, I'm not like the rest of you. But, I hate waking up in jail cells wondering where I am.

Lot of us have a different bottom in our lives. I feel very lucky, my bottom didn't have to go all the way down the shaft.

I've worked many years with functioning alcoholics. 2 guys were drunk every day at work. The other guy used to shake all day and light one cigarette after another. I never gave it much thought at a young age.

For the most part, not too many people venture on this site by accident. You either have a problem or, someone you love does.

For myself, alcohol never added a thing to my life. Cost me thousands of dollars, a marriage and worst of all, self respect for what I did while in my drunken blackouts.

I didn't drink every day either when, I was younger. But, at the very last of my drinking, my weekends met at Wed.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi ghost and welcome!!
Yup, it is up to you whether you are an alcoholic and to be honest, to decide what you want to do with that information. I have a brother that drinks just as much as I did, nearly everyday. Definitely every other day. BUT he is happy as far as I can tell and does not feel that his life is unmanageable because of it. Mine was! I was miserable because I knew that I was not living the life that I was meant to live. Do I tell him he is an alcoholic and that he needs to quit? NO! That is not my business, I am my business. If he asks about my recovery, I share my experience, strength and hope. If he doesn't, I do not.

I attend AA and we have a saying. Recovery & sobriety is for those that want it, not those who need it. If it was for those who need it, we would have to have our meetings in the football stadium.

You are more than welcome to come here, drink if you want, read if you want, post if you want, or not. Your choice, but know that we are here for you, no matter what you decide!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

y'all, this thread started 3 years ago. ghost posted 6 times.

just a heads up.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

lol

who keeps bring posts up from the basement???