Notices

Wreckage of My Past- My Eye Opener

Old 05-26-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wreckage of My Past- My Eye Opener

I had a letter that really symbolized the truth that had somehow been eluding me all along. I was losing things quicker than I realized. At first, major consequences did not appear but when they did, it all hit at once. I will definitely keep that letter to look at when I am faced with temptation. To me, that symbolizes something very important to me that I stand to lose, if I continue to drink/drug. I have heard that your bottom occurs when the last thing you lost or the next thing you are about to lose is more important to you than the booze/drugs. Then, you realize that you need to throw that shovel down and stop digging. That is where I am at right now.

I definitely know that I am powerless over drugs and alcohol and that my life is unmanageable. I am unable to manage my own life and no human power can relieve me of my addiction but God can. I have to turn it over to my HP because my strength to win this battle is insufficient so I have to rely on my higher power. It is amazing to know that I am not alone in fighting this battle!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on making that decision, sounds like you are about due!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, hope! I am rooting for you! You can do it!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Well sir your on the right track and I really believe your going to make it. I quit drinking in 1994 and it was hard. But, let me tell you this that after the 1st year I had absolutely no desire for it. And I cannot see myself drinking now!

Keep your chin up and let your HP take the wheel for a change and I know you will make it!

Your friend,
John
Old 05-26-2006, 10:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you have seen the consequences of your drinking and it's had a profound effect on you. It can give you strength to get a firm grip on sobriety.

It's still amazing to me how my 'addict mind' controlled my thinking. I came close to losing my husband and children, the things I value the very most in life. My addict mind would convince me to keep drinking - because after all they didn't really care and had all but given up on me and if I lost them, there would be nothing left and I might as well drink anyways. Oh, the insanity!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for responding! I appreciate it.