Notices

Sadly Yes, I Think Its Time To Leave

Old 05-27-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

That sounds like a good plan. I think it is best to keep youself busy with planned tasks. Take care of yourself. We wish the best for you and want you to be safe and happy. Keep fighting. We all stand behind you.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I am going to keep fighting that is for sure. Thanks for all of you sticking with me through this I don't know why you all don't give up on me, when I don't feel like I have anything left! Anyway got to get some things done now.

Vic
Old 05-27-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

It is hard to give up on people. Especially when you know how difficult their struggles are. I've walked a mile in similar shoes. There is always hope. I know how disappointed you must feel. You can turn that bad feeling into good. Do whatever it takes to stay sober today. I wish you strength...
Old 05-27-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I am going to keep fighting that is for sure. Thanks for all of you sticking with me through this I don't know why you all don't give up on me, when I don't feel like I have anything left! Anyway got to get some things done now. Vic
I've long thought that "hitting rock bottom" was not a necessity before turning around, but I don't think that anymore. The bottom is a lot harder and deeper and darker and lonelier than I'd ever imagined. This past week I arrived at that exact same conclusion as you stated here, that I have nothing left to give, and therefore I give up. It sounded so desperately bleak...at first. But thinking on it some more (and more) it actually provides the solution. Maybe that is rock bottom, when you feel like there's nothing more YOU can do, you have no more fight in you, so you give up the fight, and turn over your thinking, from what you can do, to what you can learn.

The good people here have endless gentle patience, I've learned. It's up to you to decide what direction you choose. The negative down sides are an inherent aspect of feeling the positive up sides. It's all part of the journey, Vic.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Vic-

Sorry I wasn't here this weekend and I missed this. I am not going to sugar coat this, you are doing so good and I am hurt that you would even think that you do no one else any good! Have you not listened to any of my posts to you? You are the one who made me want to register and start posting and helping others as I was being helped! That was YOU!!!!! You inspire me to be better and to not give up on my husband and just walk away! I can see what he is feeling through you and I know that he feels just as bad as I do and I will not leave him when the going gets tough just as you should not leave us when your going gets tough! You have wonderful words of wisdom and help so many others. You are much needed here and it would be a great loss for you to leave us. I think you may just need us as much as we need you. I hope that since you are still posting that maybe you have reconsidered and are going to stay with us. you are much needed and a very valuable part of the SR family!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Vic,

I'm sorry I missed your post as well. You really stuck by me last week when I needed it most. You must not realize how much you have to offer. Please keep inspiring those of us who are just begining and those with whom you have developed a great relationship.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Vic- I'm new here, just joined today. Please stay. It sounds like a lot of people know and care about you. Don't walk away from that. That's huge. A friend of mine once told me that the most natural thing for an alcoholic to do is to relapse - that if you lose a battle, you don't necessarily lose the war. I'm new, I need your knowledge and experience. Your plan for today sounds like a really proactive, positive one. Good luck - hope to see you keep posting.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by ineedalife
Vic- I'm new here, just joined today. Please stay. It sounds like a lot of people know and care about you. Don't walk away from that. That's huge. A friend of mine once told me that the most natural thing for an alcoholic to do is to relapse - that if you lose a battle, you don't necessarily lose the war. I'm new, I need your knowledge and experience. Your plan for today sounds like a really proactive, positive one. Good luck - hope to see you keep posting.
I am always posting try this thread and you will see me a lot more around here. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ill-alive.html Take care and if I can do this anyone can....

Love Vic