Notices

Am I Addicted

Old 05-22-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Am I Addicted

[b][/b]

I Am Having A Hard Time Here, I Am A Recovering Addict And In My 3yr, The Problem Is, I Think That I Am Addict To My Ca/sa Husband. He's Not Home These Days, Asked Him To Leave Again.

Its Been Back And Forth From My House To Moms House For 30 Yrs. After 2yrs Of Jail Time And All The Promises, I Decided To Give It One More Shot. It Took About One Month For The Madness To Start Again.

I Can't Think Of Nothing That I Haven Been Through In This Marriage, Even Insanity, I Mean The Seeing Things,hearing Things Kind Of Insanity. When He Went To Jail, I Got Sober And Better. I Can't Let His Addiction Take Me Back There. \\
E

So Why Am I So Bent On Him. All My Dreams Are Shattered, I Can't Think Of Any Good Memories. I Guess I Miss What Could Have Been. I Feel Like We Never Got To Know Each Other. He Had All These Wild Fantasies That I Was Never Comfortable With Cause He Is A Crack Addict And I Know For A Fact That There Are Women Involved.\

Even Though I Used At One Time, I Stayed Faithful And Somehow Hope That One Day That I Could Be Free To Express My True Sexuality With Him. Don't Seem Like Can Ever Get There,

Why Am I So Stuck On Thie Man? I Have Pondered For So Long And Still Can't Figure This Out, We Have Nothing In Common, Totally Opposites. \
He Raised Himself On The Streets Of Ny, Since Age 8, Deinking And Drugging And Me, Very Sheltered From A Very Strick Home. I Don't Know Easy Or Gentle. I Have Always Have To Be A Big Girl Who Was Suppose To Weather Any Storm, Father Passed At Age 7 With 5 Little Brothers And Sisters. Heljp Me If You Can To Sort This Stuff Out So That I Can Know What Formum Is More Suited For Me, I Am So Tired O F The Pain And I Don't Plan On Using Behing All Of This.

Teke: Recovering Addict And Codie
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Teke,

It sounds like you're going through a lot right now.

If you like, you might check out our Friends and Families Forum where you'll find lots of people with similar issues.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

He gives you a purpose.

"I can help him"

I am sure you have had that thought.

The book Codependant no more would be a good place for you to start.
You will find reasons why you do the things you do.
His need to be fixed and your desire to help others match up.
Thing is though...we can't fix others, they need want to find recoery themself.