Notices

Just NEED TO TALK...OPEN NOW!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I don't know how to do that computer stuff yet I wonder if they have a computer book for dummies?
I'm very bullheaded with some things Vic....just figured some things out on my own...perseverence. Not sure what it is you wanna know, I will help you if I can.

Oh yeah you wanna really know how good I am with computers? This is sooooo funny, it wasn't at the time...a couple weeks ago my curser got stuck up on the top of my screen, it wouldn't move at all, kept moving my mouse around had a talk with it just in case it needed an attitude adjustment.....(meanwhile it was the navigator that needed that) anyway I ended up reformatting, not once but twice...LOL...had no clue what I was doing, I lost everything I had saved....turns out I needed a new mouse....

So that's the tip of the day.....your curser gets stuck, DON'T REFORMAT...

Whoops back to the meeting
Old 05-21-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Laura I am so proud of you and all of your sobriety it speaks volumes

Kim all will be well honey, just keep it in to today and we can do it side by side

Hi TYLER
Old 05-21-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I guess when it comes to our DOC we are all week around it it can make a giant strong person fall to their knees but at least we have support forums like this to help and support us. I also a newbie here talk about jumping in with both feet. Kim
Old 05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by wingsfree
I'm very bullheaded with some things Vic....just figured some things out on my own...perseverence. Not sure what it is you wanna know, I will help you if I can.

Oh yeah you wanna really know how good I am with computers? This is sooooo funny, it wasn't at the time...a couple weeks ago my curser got stuck up on the top of my screen, it wouldn't move at all, kept moving my mouse around had a talk with it just in case it needed an attitude adjustment.....(meanwhile it was the navigator that needed that) anyway I ended up reformatting, not once but twice...LOL...had no clue what I was doing, I lost everything I had saved....turns out I needed a new mouse....

So that's the tip of the day.....your curser gets stuck, DON'T REFORMAT...

Whoops back to the meeting
What is a cruiser isn't that something that you drive
Old 05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Good share, Denise! And good advice. That is definitely the kind of stuff that would have made me drink in the old days. Now it would just make me want a cookie!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by kim4074
I guess when it comes to our DOC we are all week around it it can make a giant strong person fall to their knees but at least we have support forums like this to help and support us. I also a newbie here talk about jumping in with both feet. Kim
Kim I always heard that if you jump into recovery with both feet then you won't have a foot to leave on...YOU ARE DOING GREAT...Don't want to leave us tonight do you?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by lulu70
Good share, Denise! And good advice. That is definitely the kind of stuff that would have made me drink in the old days. Now it would just make me want a cookie!
I love cookies
Old 05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Laura I am so proud of you and all of your sobriety it speaks volumes

Kim all will be well honey, just keep it in to today and we can do it side by side

Hi TYLER
It just speaks to the fact that I haven't picked up a drink or a drug no matter what! But thanks for the vote of confidence, Vic. You are going to get it again, too.

Anybody else trying to watch this "10.5 APOCOLYPSE" cr@p on NBC? I'm just waiting for the cool special effects.........
Old 05-21-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Now if I could figure out why I put that I want a notice on my PM and It don't pop up must be a glitch in there somewhere can not be my computer
Old 05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello lurkers!! Why not join in the fun?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I'm not getting the flashy blue box anymore either. I'm sure it will all work out soon!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hello lurkers!! Why not join in the fun?
Maybe they are

Maybe they are shy, I am shy sober but not when I am high or drunk...hum that is a concept
Old 05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I'm not getting the flashy blue box anymore either. I'm sure it will all work out soon!
I hope so too I love the meetings and that is one of my goals to be able to chair at SR again...I miss that privilage
Old 05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

(((((Laura))))) thanks for being here, you've shown all of us such a huge strength with all you've been through. You've come so far in your sobriety, and I'm soooooo happy I've been here to watch you right from the beginning.

(((((((Kim))))))))) keep coming back, you've been very blessed finding the gang here.

((((Vic)))) a curser is the little arrow, hand, the line you see when you type, on your screen
Old 05-21-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

The time will come again soon, Vic. In the meantime, you just focus on what you need to do to get YOU well.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by wingsfree
(((((Laura))))) thanks for being here, you've shown all of us such a huge strength with all you've been through. You've come so far in your sobriety, and I'm soooooo happy I've been here to watch you right from the beginning.

(((((((Kim))))))))) keep coming back, you've been very blessed finding the gang here.

((((Vic)))) a curser is the little arrow, hand, the line you see when you type, on your screen
Do I have one? I just see a line that runs up and down..anyway here is what happen tonight that changed my attitude

I went to a meeting and the meeting was on change. You know that right there showed me that it is ok. I wouldn't have lied if that other person wasn't here. I know that she is from NA but she has a lot of loose lips, and I don't need to have her know, when she isn't even honest about her own sobriety.

I feel much better, I went to a meeting and at the end they asked if I would share. I DID!!!After I shared the girl next to me said that she was really glad that I am back, and she was happy that I shared. That was the first time that I have spoken since I have moved back. OMG I feel energized now. Thank God for NA, AA, and for all you good people here. I really don't HATE myself, actually I am a pretty nice guy. I always say that nice guys finish last, but today this nice guy finished first because I am still clean and alive
  # 37 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((Denise))))) You are such a darlin'. Thanks for being you!!!
  # 38 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

The time will come again soon, Vic. In the meantime, you just focus on what you need to do to get YOU well.
Yeah your right and I am Laura, I am going to do this deal, no room for a relapse NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I have never seen a post go so fast and fill up like this one has NOPE
Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

HI!

I went to the Dr today to get me off the xanax. I had been doing my own taper for several days and then learned that I really had become addicted. So now I am switched to valium for a safe taper. I got a new Dr with a reputable integrity and am very pleased.