Notices

Question about CAMPRAL

Old 05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about CAMPRAL

I really appreciate it if anyone replies, thanks.

Basically, i've been to see my doc about 5 times in the past year, but she still won't prescribe me medication. I'm 21 and used to be a heavy drinker, but nowadays I spend most ofthe day in my room on the net (i work from home) and would probably have 4 beers max a day. I get ok 6 hour sleeps but when I wake up in the morning I shake like a leaf and feel really un-well, and the only thing that gets me feeling normal again is if I have a beer. I hate drinking, hate the taste of it, hate the way it makes me behave, but i feel like absolute crap in the morning and alcohol is the only thing that gets me back on an even keel.

To cut a long story short, I got the offer of a far better job from the company my dad works for, but I declined it as if I messed up it would reflect badly on him. the offer is still standing, but I can't work there in my current condition. So what I'd really appreciate finding out is- im resigned to the fact that i wont get any medication from my doctor, but my best friend got me a couple of CAMPRAL pills..... when i wake up every morning and take whatever dosage is necessary, will they work?

All I want is to be able to function normally through the day without waking up feeling ill, having the shakes and basically feeling like crap.

I really want to make a go of this job but there's no point in me taking it if every morning when I wake up I need a drink to relax.

So basically I'm asking do these CAMPRAL work? I've heard of Librium and Anti-Booze pills aswell, but I don't know much about them and I don't really like taking pills unless I know they won't harm me and they'll work.

Sorry if i'm wasting everyones time but this seems like a nice place with decent people and I just thought I should post.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Art,

Well, since you've talked to your dr and she won't give you medication to help you, I assume your dr thinks it's fine for you to quit drinking.

If you're drinking 4 beers a day and your dr thinks it's ok for you to stop drinking, then you should be alright. Yes, you're having withdrawl symptoms, but those will not last too long and you'll begin to feel better. The withdrawl part is something that you have to go through to get the alcohol out of your system. If your dr thought it was unsafe for you to stop drinking, she would have told you that.

It sounds like you have a great opportunity with a new job and I hope things work out for you.