Notices

Im Soo Scared

Old 05-14-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Im Soo Scared

Hi,

I posted before, for the first time, and I guess everyone has established I do have a problem, so I have decided to stop drinking tommo and tonight is my last drinks, has anyone got any help they can give me or advice cause am **** scared!! cant beleive I am but I have now told my partner that tonight is the last forever and I do not want to go back on my word so please help me any way you can

thanks a lot jill x
Old 05-14-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why not make right now the starting point? Why would you drink tonight? This is my help to you. DONT DRINK TONIGHT. Telling yourself "This is the last hoorah" is just you lying to yourself. I did that too. I told myself one night "This is it" and I got my first drunk driving ticket that night. I didnt quit for another 9 years. And I meant it with every fiber of my being when I said "this is it". I was very genuine. Drinking tonight would be the dumbest thing you could do. Dont do it.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Look up the number for aa in your phone book, phone them, ask directions and go to a meeting.

It's very brave acknowledging that you have a problem...now cement it with action, and you cant' go wrong!

Welcome!

Grateful Recovery Addict,

Cathy31
x
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi

I guess I know im dumb but its too late i been drinking tonight thats why im making tommo a new start but dont know how to start

any ideas?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its NOT TOO LATE. Just stop drinking now. If you continue to drink tonight,...you will be proving to yourself that you arent being genuine. The "I'll quit tomorrow", is just a justifcation to drink tonight. Your way of making drinking tonight "ok" with you. If you dont stop tonight,.....you probably wont stop tomorrow,....and you liver will be that much more damaged. I cannot believe you know you have liver damage and you STILL insist on drinking. THere is nothing more savage than a person destroying themself.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that stopping now is the best idea - not tomorrow. It doesn't matter that you're drinking now - pour it out and stop. You can do it. And don't focus on 'forever' because that is overwhelming at the outset. Just don't drink tonight and then do the same tomorrow.

There is no easy way to do this, but you can do it if you really want to!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

okay

truthfully im gonna tell you i am so scared of saying this but the only time i feel good is when im drinking and i dont think i can be bothered with the rest of my life without it the only good thing i have in my life is my partner who has done everything for me and i totally love for it. It it wasnt for I would be in the gutter probably but beleive it or not my drinkiing is to a minimum because of that. But tonight i promised my partner that it was the last drink that would pass my lips and I really need to stick to my word because I am so in love and i want to prove I can do this for both of us

so any help you got pleas throw it in my direction cause i think its gonna be hard x
Old 05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

any ideas?
Call your local AA.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Okay, Jill, many of us felt the same way as you do now. I know I did. In the end all I cared about was drinking and everything else was a side issue. You need to know that you won't always feel like this. Alcohol is a depressant and when you stop drinking your mood and emotions will slowly and gradually change. You will start to feel better physically and emotionally.

The other thing I want to say is you need to do this for yourself. It is hard and you need to put yourself first, even before 'us', if need be. Do this for you so you can have your life back.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Glasgow
Alcoholics Anonymous, Northern Service Office (Scotland),
Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington St Glasgow G2 6HJ.
Office Telephone 0141 226 2214
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

Is this any where near your area?
Old 05-14-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think you should start tonight. Waiting till tommorrow is just procrastination. And the chances are still High without the proper support that you will continue to drink. Their is nothing bad about seeking help we all have done it and are making it just one day at a time. I quit drinking in 1996 and I have to say this I feel better now than I have ever felt in my whole life. The choice is yours..... God Bless and do call AA someone is waiting just for you; You can do it!
John
Old 05-14-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jillsinclair
okay

truthfully im gonna tell you i am so scared of saying this but the only time i feel good is when im drinking and i dont think i can be bothered with the rest of my life without it the only good thing i have in my life is my partner who has done everything for me and i totally love for it. It it wasnt for I would be in the gutter probably but beleive it or not my drinkiing is to a minimum because of that. But tonight i promised my partner that it was the last drink that would pass my lips and I really need to stick to my word because I am so in love and i want to prove I can do this for both of us

so any help you got pleas throw it in my direction cause i think its gonna be hard x

You feel good when you drink, eh? Hows NOW treatin' ya? Ya feel good right now? You keep avoiding the question. Why dont you stop right now? Put it down. Stop drinking tonight. No more! Stop pretending you overlooked all the posts that ask you this question. You may have promised your partner you'd quit tomorrow,....but you sure not doing them any favors by drinking tonight. This is about YOU. Not your partner. Who are you drinking for? Who are you quitting tomorrow for? Stop avoiding...
Old 05-14-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i hear what you r saying but i have read so many books about how i feel i am on high dosage of tablets for depression and still know that i probably have A drink problem too but you all say dont do it but no one has help for me i have been crying out for it i was in mental hospital for a week then i got out and im on my own again no support but i know i need it and have been asking for it , so the only painkiller i have right now is alcohol and i know its not the right answer but i aint got another one at least it numbs the feelngs i have for a while

thanks jill
Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

And if you think we are hard on you we are! It's called tough Love and we really want you to make it! Keep coming back we're listening
Old 05-14-2006, 04:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i guess u aint gettin rid of me that easy
Old 05-14-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jillsinclair
i hear what you r saying but i have read so many books about how i feel i am on high dosage of tablets for depression and still know that i probably have A drink problem too but you all say dont do it but no one has help for me i have been crying out for it i was in mental hospital for a week then i got out and im on my own again no support but i know i need it and have been asking for it , so the only painkiller i have right now is alcohol and i know its not the right answer but i aint got another one at least it numbs the feelngs i have for a while

thanks jill
NO ONE HAS HELP FOR YOU??????????????!!!???!?!?!?!! Thats ALL we have been doing for you? What do you want us to do? Quit FOR you? I researched about a gazillion meetings in your area and posted them for you. Gave you the AA phone number. Told you to go to meetings. Told you to quit drinking now rather than tomorrow. Told you to call a doctor for advice. Told you to look into a treatment center perhaps. Told you to PUT THE DAMN BOOZE DOWN right now. What sort of help are you not seeing here? YOU HAVE TO DO THIS. NOT US. We cant DO it for you.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey there, Jill--I know you are scared. I, too, thought that I only felt good when I was drinking. What I have realized since I got sober is that all alcohol really did for me was make me feel numb. Not only was I missing the bad feelings, I was also missing the good ones. I cannot begin to tell you the joy I feel when I have a REAL good belly laugh--or for that matter a REAL good cry. It really beats the way I felt when I was drunk.

I also understand your particular situation. I was diagnosed with liver cancer about 10 years ago (while I was pregnant.) The docs told me it was NOT the alcohol that caused the problem. However, after having major surgery during which they removed a 14-pound tumor the size of a soccer ball along with the entire right lobe of my liver, thedocs also told me I must NEVER drink again. Guess what? I got sober two years ago. I am so incredibly lucky that I didn't lose my life.

Although I understand your situation, our circumstances are also quite different. My remaining liver tissue was healthy and I was able to regrow the rest. I was not having liver failure. I am not going to tell you that you have got to stop. You already know that. But I will tell you that you will die if you choose to continue to drink.

No one can do this for you. If any of us could we would do it for you in a heartbeat because we know how much better life can be when alcohol no longer has ultimate control. The choice is up to you.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

All the medication you are taking won't work mixed with alcohol. You do know that don't you? If you quit drinking and give your medication a chance to work, you may feel much better soon.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Just had to add that anti-depressants WILL NOT work if you drink while you are taking them.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Oooops. Muse and I posted at the same time!