SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Don't Quit PART 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/93876-dont-quit-part-2-a.html)

Luckyv2 07-27-2006 03:37 AM

Kath.....
Laci.....
Lee/Justme57 Day 1005
Little Missy Day 725
Sobriety1st Tonya Day 73
Luckyv2/Vic Day 63
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 887
Miss Communicat/MC Day 233
Mrswoogie day 95
Nogard/Kevin Day 433
1_day@_a_time Day 1479
Paper dolls day 236
Phinneas Day 649
Time2Surrender Day 428
True Blue/Janet Day 56
2dayz Day 752
AAFreeportPA day 1005
Alera Day 292
Amymarie DAY 40
Arura Day 31
Ash.....
Bonnie Day 1291
Cathy31 121 days
Denise/Wingsfree....
JaySee Day 676
Jhana ...hi all, still here and not drinking today! (new name)
Hope4life/Cheryl....Glad to be sober today!

In Memorium: Trish (((Miracle))) Forever with us.

Arura 07-27-2006 04:13 AM

.........(((Vic)))............x

PaperDolls 07-27-2006 06:56 AM

:c009:

ASH 07-27-2006 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by wingsfree
ain't gonna quit today.......cha cha cha.

WORKS FOR ME DENISE, no quitting today and that make me feel like doing the cha cha cha!

(((DQs))) Lets Go, One Two, cha cha cha:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

2dayzmuse 07-27-2006 04:43 PM

Three, four, cha cha cha...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Arura 07-27-2006 11:39 PM

Five six cha cha cha, :HulaDance :HulaDance :HulaDance

Morning all still not Quitting. cha cha cha...!

Luckyv2 07-28-2006 04:57 AM

Kath.....
Laci.....
Lee/Justme57 Day 1006
Little Missy Day 726
Sobriety1st Tonya Day 74
Luckyv2/Vic Day 64
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 888
Miss Communicat/MC Day 234
Mrswoogie day 96
Nogard/Kevin Day 434
1_day@_a_time Day 1480
Paper dolls day 237
Phinneas Day 650
Time2Surrender Day 429
True Blue/Janet Day 57
2dayz Day 753
AAFreeportPA day 1006
Alera Day 293
Amymarie DAY 41
Arura Day 32
Ash.....
Bonnie Day 1292
Cathy31 122 days
Denise/Wingsfree....
JaySee Day 677

Little Missy 07-28-2006 05:03 AM

Keep doing that sober dance ((Gang))

Arura 07-28-2006 12:50 PM

Well that didnt last long...! got some bad news check ladys forum...!

But it was instant i coud'nt stop myself...!

Im pi$$ed now n going for it tonight...! ive had enough for today, i wanted to stay sober but when i heard i might have a tumor i just leapt for the bottle...! panic...!

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY SORRY,SORRY SORRY...ECT. ect.ect...!

Oh god im on one now..~~~...! :bigcry

Arura 07-28-2006 04:25 PM

AAAaarrrggghhh,....!.........

After all that why this...?

ASH 07-28-2006 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Arura

Oh god im on one now..~~~...!

(((Arura))) So sorry to hear,
medical issues are terrifying for most or all of us,
but often times the results are are more positive than all we fear....
AS FOR DAY 1,
I have been there a few times myself,:dunno
and the worst thing to do is not follow it with a day two...
Stay on the bus with us, you want to and you can,
Take care and check in often,
we need you here ya know!!!!

PS Vic has a special seat belt he used to loan me....:bus

(((DQs))) Hang on, no quitting today

2dayzmuse 07-28-2006 05:00 PM

Many of us are guilty of falling into the relapse trap. Like Ash said, quit now. Don't let it develop into a days on binge. Learn from it and make some changes. That is all you can do at this point. Let us know how you are and check in. We are here for you to show support. We will help you get through your medical scare. Find strength...

wingsfree 07-28-2006 06:07 PM

(((((Arura))))) I'm with Ash and LeAnne on this....quit now, I've done it over and over and over again, like so many others here...get back up as fast as you can.

Yep we panic when something upsets us, especially medical issues. I will tell you something, I have two large tumors living inside of me, they've been there for years, I paniced also, but drinking isn't the answer, all it does is aggravate the situation, which we all know.

You have your sober days that you worked hard on putting together, let them add up again, do what you have to do to get back on track kiddo.

((((((((Don't Quitters)))))))))) not quitting

Luckyv2 07-28-2006 06:44 PM

((((Arura)))))

You are not the only one to do this relapse thing and you won't be the last one to do it either. That is just the way it is, if this was really easy to do, then there would be a lot more people with more sobriety than newcomers. The newcomers are the most important person at any meeting! You are important, and we love you. The used to tell me that they would love me until I could love myself! This still holds true.

Just For Today, WE NEVER have to use again. Even with what I went through the last few days, I have not used, it hasn't been easy but it is doable somedays are easier than others. So be grateful for the hard days because they won't last.

Love Vic :hug:

Arura 07-28-2006 11:38 PM

Thanks Vic, im back on the horse today, but im still abit shocked :frown:

I must of tryed hundreds of times to come off others things ,why did i think drink be to any different...?

SO, JUST FOR TODAY IM NOT QUITTING.!

Ohh n its back to square one again.

2dayzmuse 07-28-2006 11:46 PM

Never give up. Back to square one. It is much better than day 2 of drinking. The last time I drank, it turned into a 9 day binge. I was crazed and couldn't stop. I drank morning, afternoon and night. I drank more and more. It about killed me. I don't know how it happened. Well, I do...it started with that first drink, but I never imagined where it would lead me. That is the scary part of alcoholism. You never know where the insanity will take you. And it usually isn't good. I'm glad you are back. How's you head? Ughh!!

Arura 07-29-2006 12:26 AM

Im so Grateful i was'nt completly slaughtered, as i would have a migrane aswell this morning...! so not worth having a drink . Your so right about were it can take you...Luckily i was with my bf n some kind friends...which helped as if i had went out god knows what would of happedned,jails,instituions, oh yer n death...!wakeing up somewhere i dont even remember getting to...?

What a WOLLY i am.

But thankfuly im O.K, thanks Muze....I feel really stupid though...!

Luckyv2 07-29-2006 04:19 AM

Kath.....
Laci.....
Lee/Justme57 Day 1007
Little Missy Day 727
Sobriety1st Tonya Day 75
Luckyv2/Vic Day 65
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 889
Miss Communicat/MC Day 235
Mrswoogie day 97
Nogard/Kevin Day 435
1_day@_a_time Day 1481
Paper dolls day 238
Phinneas Day 651
Time2Surrender Day 430
True Blue/Janet Day 58
2dayz Day 754
AAFreeportPA day 1007
Alera Day 294
Amymarie DAY 42
Arura Day 2
Ash.....
Bonnie Day 1293
Cathy31 123 days
Denise/Wingsfree....
JaySee Day 678

ASH PS Vic has a special seat belt he used to loan me....
:c017:

wingsfree 07-29-2006 07:54 AM

Arura :Val004: I'm so happy you're back as well.

Little Missy 07-29-2006 08:25 AM

((Arura)) I replied to your post on the alcoholism forum. Chin up girl and no drinking today!! Read the Don't Quit poem!! That is life.

I think you posted somewhere, After all that why this? (or something like that) I have had that feeling a lot. Like life is one big joke on me. Like the Big Guy looks down and says, "HAHAHAHAHAHA, let's see how she handles this one!!!!!"

Everything I go through, there is a lesson there to be learned. It is a time for growth. I have actually met some situations with a little humility, dignity and some grace. Who would have thought!?! You are just at the beginning of your situation. How do you want to meet this challenge, with humility, dignity, and grace, or drunk out of your mind?

Actually, I was grateful I was sober so I could have the surgery to correct the problem. I didn't think they would remove my parts if I was drunk, I may have bled to death. LOL

I also sang that song Que sa ra, sa ra (can't spell it, hehe) whatever will be, will be. It seems to keep popping into my head. But I don't know any more of the words and the ones I knew just kept going. I'd just shake my head, and laugh!!

When you are upset, you post on here. Get your thoughts out and let us help you. It works for me!!

No Quitting for me today!!