SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Don't Quit PART 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/93876-dont-quit-part-2-a.html)

Hope 06-20-2006 09:43 AM

AmyMarie, welcome to the bus!

Hang on tight!

amymarie 06-20-2006 09:54 AM

Holding tight...you sure you want me to drive????

Little Missy 06-20-2006 02:49 PM

Ok Gang. This is probably it for me until I get out of the hospital. I think hubby will post and let you know how I am doing.

So, while I'm gone. No jumping off this bus. You know it continues to move and that is just not safe!! Remember, it's alot more comfortable on/in the bus, then under it!! And road rash sucks so bad!!

Tonight, I will spend time with my family. Then go to a meeting. Can't ask for anything better then that!!

Be good while I'm gone!!
Love to all,
Missy

ASH 06-20-2006 05:51 PM

Not Quitting Today

Amymariehttp://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1039/libus1eh.gif:drive:
Welcome and oh yea, you are driving this bus, glad your here, no detours!!!!

Missy:hug:Thinking of you and wishing you back with us soon, your here in spirit for sure

Laci I am doing it one day at a time too,
when I get too far ahead of myself, well I fall on my....and it cant take any more of that!!!

Bonni Life is much happier sober,
also healthy, simple, productive, peaceful geez the list just goes on and on doesn't it?

HopeSchool must be nearly over, got summer fever yet?

Kevin Miss you here on the DQ thread,
hope you stop by soon and give us an update from down under

Vic Sorry to hear about your computer crash, is all ok now?

Lee Miss your ES&H and positive energy

Gianna Are you after our special bus logo, or something else?

My back is getting better, suspected culprit is a herniated disc,
got some anti inflammatory that is working and started physical therapy today,
so no complaining from this sober passenger...

DQs, BUS CHECK, No Quitting Today

Luckyv2 06-20-2006 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by amymarie
Holding tight...you sure you want me to drive????

Sure go ahead and drive AmyMarie you are the woman for the job. OK not a lot going on. Thanks Ash yes it is all ok but when I get my disks I will have to start it all over again I think not sure. Plus they are going to put in a new mother board tomorrow when it don't even need one :lmao sometimes I wonder about people.

Love Vic

(((((((((((((((((((Missy)))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((Denise)))))))))))))))))))))

NO QUITTING DQ GANG......

tad4871 06-20-2006 07:10 PM

Hi, new here and really don't know how to start. I don't even know if start is the right word, as I'm using as I speak. Need some help, don't want anyone to know I messed up so bad again.

Luckyv2 06-20-2006 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by tad4871
Hi, new here and really don't know how to start. I don't even know if start is the right word, as I'm using as I speak. Need some help, don't want anyone to know I messed up so bad again.

It doesn't surprise me when someone uses again, what does surprise me is when someone stays clean!

tad4871 06-20-2006 07:14 PM

I haven't been clean in a long time. I know it's my responsibility and only I can do it, but every time I say I will, I lose my resolve when I'm straight again.

Luckyv2 06-20-2006 07:52 PM

Sounds like some of us here :) the only thing that you can do is get up, dust yourself off, and start again. Don't loose hope, there is always hope as long as you are breathing.

Love Vic

tad4871 06-20-2006 08:00 PM

Thank You, Thank You

Oh God thank you. I've been sitting here hitting the 'New Posts' link to see if anyone heard me. THANK YOU. I've never given up hope, it's the only thing that keeps me going. I just don't know how to handle everyone finding out again. I don't think I could do that to my Mom. It would kill her. And I know my boyfriend doesn't understand it at all, he tries, but his answer is just - so why don't you just stop? I WISH I could answer that question.

Luckyv2 06-21-2006 05:40 AM

Amymarie 4 days
Trish (((Miracle))) Forever with us.
Alera Day 256
Nogard/Kevin Day 397
Phinneas Day 613
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 851
Little Missy Day 689
Hope4life/Cheryl....Glad to be sober today!
True Blue/Janet Day 21
Denise/Wingsfree....
Ash.....
Kath.....
1_day@_a_time Day 1443
Gianna ...hi all, still here and not drinking!
2dayz Day 716
Dan Day 340
Bonnie Day 1255
JaySee Day 641
Luckyv2/Vic Day 27
Lee/Justme57 Day 970
Time2Surrender Day 392
Cathy31 85 days
Miss Communicat/MC Day 198
Laci Day 12

No QUTTTING TODAY

Jhana 06-21-2006 08:04 AM

hey Tad, welcome here! We are all doing this together.

Missy, thinking about you and hope everything is going well.

Ash, that's the bus alright-just lost the link.

Laci 06-21-2006 01:13 PM

Gianna, Bonni, Little Missy...All DQ'rs...sending bigs to you all and a special prayer for you Little M that everything went well at the hospital.

Yup gang...all we can do is one day at a time. I've been hitting several meetings a day and staying close to my new sponsor who is a wonderful lady with 27 years of sobriety.

We cannot do this alone. I've tried over and over to prove that this can be done alone but it just cannot be. I am one stubborn alkie but I have surrendered to this disease and I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off of me. It is so simple but we make it harder than we have to. I know I do.

The one and only rule in AA is "do not take yourself too seriously." For us alcoholics that is a hard rule to follow. (Thanks One Day At A Time! Remember when you came on this thread and asked us all what the one and only rule of AA was and no one knew!)

So...for those that chose the program, continue to go to meetings, don't drink between meetings, read your Big Book, call your sponsor if you feel like you want to drink.

For those that have found sobriety in other ways, just keep doing whatever it is that you are doing. We all have to take this one day at a time...or one minute at a time as in my case! We can all help each other by mixing the way we stay sober (rather than mixing a gin and tonic...a little off color humour!)

I love you all...Missy, please let us know how you are.

Denise...where art thou Canadian Sister?? Ash...I'm on that bus with Gianna!

Hugs to all & a big welcome to you Tad. You have found a wonderful place here with great people! Please keep coming back.

Laci

lulu70 06-21-2006 06:53 PM

Hello all--Just have a minute. Had a long day which I will tell about later. I'm just too tired right now. I'm gonna read a bit and head off to bed. Hang in there everyone!!

(((((Amymarie))))) So good to see you. Hope you will stick around.

(((((tad4871))))) You have found a great place to make a start. Hope you will stick around, too!

(((((((((((((((((((((Missy)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))) I am saying lots and lots of prayers for you. Looking forward to your swift return to health.

NO QUITTING!!!!!!!

Guardian 06-21-2006 09:28 PM

Little Missy Surgery Update

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, would somebody please relocate it for me?

According to her surgeon, the prodecure went "perfectly" and she only lost "about 2 tablespoons of blood." I thanked her doctor for giving me the PG rated version of events.

She went in at about 10 AM CST and was in recovery by 12:30. She was in a lot of pain early this afternoon, but after a visit from the doctor and an adjustment in pain meds, she was resting comfortably by the time I left at 7:30 this evening. If I know her as well as I think I do, she'll start asking to go home at around 8 AM tomorrow!

Thank you all so very much for your support and prayers. It means the world to both of us to know that we can count on your support and fellowship here at SR. If Missy has any more information to pass along, I will do so ASAP.

Like always, we're just taking life one day at a time...

Luckyv2 06-22-2006 05:52 AM

Amymarie 5 days
Trish (((Miracle))) Forever with us.
Alera Day 257
Nogard/Kevin Day 398
Phinneas Day 614
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 852
Little Missy Day 690
Hope4life/Cheryl....Glad to be sober today!
True Blue/Janet Day 22
Denise/Wingsfree....
Ash.....
Kath.....
1_day@_a_time Day 1444
Gianna ...hi all, still here and not drinking!
2dayz Day 717
Dan Day 341
Bonnie Day 1256
JaySee Day 642
Luckyv2/Vic Day 28
Lee/Justme57 Day 971
Time2Surrender Day 393
Cathy31 86 days
Miss Communicat/MC Day 199
Laci Day 13

No QUTTTING TODAY

nogard 06-22-2006 01:31 PM

Not quitting today :)

ASH 06-22-2006 03:53 PM

Not Quitting Today

Missy :hug: Guardian, Thanks for the great news!
Tad Stop by and let us know how you are doing
Kevin Good to see you here at DQ:kitty:
Laura Looking forward to the "story" when your rested up
Denise Where did you go, miss you here:candle:

DQs, No Quitting Today

2dayzmuse 06-22-2006 06:26 PM

(((Missy)))

Rest well and remember to not over do it.

lulu70 06-22-2006 07:36 PM

Thanks Guardian!!!

((((((((Missy))))))))) So glad to hear everything went well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!! (But not TOO soon. :) )