Notices

New And Unsure

Old 05-16-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Paused

Hang in there Jill. Take it one day at a time.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congretulations Jill.
Hang in there girl, one day at a time!

You're doing great

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jill, you're doing great!

I'm glad things are going well for you!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good for you.....hang in there. It gets easier EVERYDAY. The best thing you can do for yourself once you're over the withdrawals, is to not hesitate. Jump right into trying new things to pass your time. Its important that you change your lifestyle too. Maybe take an adult class,...or join a book club, try some AA meetings, take up a new hobby, go for alot of walks in nature, try things that you normally would have said "Yeah, right" to. You will be so pleasantly suprised. You're gonna do it !!! I have faith.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((Jill))) I'm so proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing and it will keep getting better and better. We're here for you!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jill, I hope your day today goes smoothly. And, let us know how you are doing!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi guys,

Well oddly enough my day went okay and I have felt fine apart from the sweats which have been hard cause i been at my work. Apart from that though everything was good so here goes to day 3. Bit harder today for me cause the football cup final is on tonight an I would normally have a few watching it but I got my carry out in 5 cartons of apple juice so that should could my mind of of it lol!! I hope!!

Anyway Im off to work just now I will be back later and speak to you all tonight as it could be tough

thanks again for your support you are all really helping xx
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

its not going good right now I want to have a feww drinks tonight while I watch the football its all I all can think about and its doing my head completely in its not fair on my partner I am so angry and I know right now if I have a drink I will be in a better mood but if I dont Im gonna be in a stinker all night

how do you stop this feeling

help!!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

jill I am in the same boat, just keep hanging in here, the people in here are pulling for you
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

yeah you too am just goin to bed to get it out of ma head goddnight
Old 05-17-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Jill. I am new here and I like you want to go to a meeting but I am too scared to take that first time. I am trying to detox on my own. Going cold turkey. I am miserable and I know my health is getting worse.. Maybe we can be eachothers sounding boards.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi

Yeah that sounds good been struggling tonight so Im just off to bed but I be back tommorrow so tell me a bit about yourself and how your feeling and I,ll get back to you in the morning

goodnight for now and hang in there tonight i know you can do it

goodnight x
Old 05-17-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

sorry I do mean if you want to tell me about yourself sorry always think im writing the wrong things

goodnight x
Old 05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Jill,..............when I was tossing around the idea of trying to quit,....I would always find reasons to continue to drink. Id tell myself all day on a monday, for instance, that todays the day,....the day I quit for good. Id start to get ready for bed,...thinking "Okay,...you did it".........then Id hear the "Monday Night Football" music on TV. Thats all I needed. To me football = drinking. So Instead of going to bed,....Id go to the liquor store. Id watch football,...and get bombed until 2 am. Ive been sober for over two years now. Wanna know how much football Ive watched in that two years? None. No interest anymore. Its was all about the drinking. What Im saying is that even if you actually DO love your futball matches,....maybe you should X them out of your life until you have a better hold on sobriety. Triggers can bring an early recovery down very quickly. It sounds to me like futball is a huge trigger for you.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

football is a huge excuse for me to drink my partner loves football and its on all the time so I tried to get interested by having a drink watching it cause it kinda bores me unless I have a drink watching it, football cannot be x,d out of my life at the moment as my partner loves it. So it makes it tough. Anyway heres to day 4 and just to let you know day 3 was hard. Fell out with partner and everything, so I hope today is better

see you soon guys
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope today is better too Jill!

And, sometimes things are just not easy. Obviously you can't ask your partner to not watch TV when it's a big part of his life. It would be a good idea to be planning to something else at the time. Try to get involved in a good book, phone someone, go out for a walk. I began doing volunteer work at the beginning of my sobriety and it helped a huge amount.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope today is better too Jill!

And, sometimes things are just not easy. Obviously you can't ask your partner to not watch TV when it's a big part of his life. It would be a good idea to be planning to something else at the time. Try to get involved in a good book, phone someone, go out for a walk. I began doing volunteer work at the beginning of my sobriety and it helped a huge amount.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I guess Im just not understanding how it cant be X'd out of your life if its just a big deal to your husband. Thats your husband,...not you. My family are HUGE football fans. I lived with them for almost two years after I got sober. I still never watched a game. It being a part of your husbands life really has nothing to do with you unless YOU make it. I guess I just dont get it when someone asks for help, and when they get it, they sort of fight it. Like, ..."Nope,..not gonna work,....what else ya got?" You MUST be willing to do WHATEVER it takes. And I dont think NOT watching football is so hard. But, thats just me.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

wtg, five days today huh?............. x'n something out of ones life... for me as the road to death was drawing closer, all i was doing when i came home was continue drinking. watching a imageless screen in front of me. yea, the TV was on, it was only background company.... today, my friends say hey PC, have you watched this or that, how bout that am.idle?, you love la'music'a so much.... answer, nope. the only tube i have watched in over three years was some dopey cop's show over Trish's... have to admit, some were a hoot, alll the lies.... "It wasnt Mine", " I didn't do it", and my alltime fave.... " I only had a Couple"......today, i have as was mentioned, books, walk's, meets, friends, my computer, and my new fave, my me back.... glad your all here, all good wishes, Jill, early, camellion, and the rest of the SR crew... and give only love................. pattee
Old 05-19-2006, 04:23 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

How are you doing?

Hoping you are still counting up the days - we're all sending best wishes to you!

Wishful