Notices

The Contraversy

Old 04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

The Contraversy

There is a lot of contraversy any time there are people from all over the world commuincating there is going to be cultural differences and all kinds of different opinions about what is acceptable.

I am hoping that if you feel like you have opinions that you can't express without causing others distress that you need to get your own blog there are many free blog spaces out there and then post the URL in the space provide in you user control panel here.

I know that I am full of opinions that lots of people do not agree with so I just got my own blog and I can say anything I want to say and that way if someone doesn't like my contraversy they don't have to look at it and if they do like it then they can just come on over to my blog... Peace ya'll...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New Beginnings

IMO, sounds like too much work. how about just practicing an old, old saying that makes perfect sense... "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." also, if you know your opinions are cousing others distress, why not keep them to yourself?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

'cause I want to say what I want to say. Not everybody hates my opinion...they don't have to read my blog if'n they don't want to.

I love Sober Recovery and I want to be a part of this community. I know that I could hurt some people here with my views so out of respect to them I keep away from saying things here that I know would fall in that rehelm. I will say what I want to say at my own blog though cause it is mine and I want to say what I want to say and I feel like I am honoring myself to express myself...
Old 04-28-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

SOMETIMES EVEN SAYING SOMETHING NICE AND RIGHT OFFENDS PEOPLE.

We can't make everyone happy......but oh I have tried over my life..how I have tried.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching through all this uproar here..where do I stand on certain issues, what will I stand up for, even if I risk of losing a dear friend...it's hard sometimes...it just is...............I love this site...it helped me save my LIFE! I want everyone here to feel at home, to be resepctful and kind.

I DO know this.I care about every single poster here.whether I have had disagreemenst, 'words' with them......I care. I resepct your need to be YOU, and I respect the need to be ME.....hopefully we can all meet in the middle and keep supporting each others recovery...........
Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What did I miss?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New Beginnings

Well, alrighty then... I was just expressing my own opinion. I too love SR and want to be careful not to offend anyone. If I offended you Splendra, I am sorry...was not the intent at all. BLOG on my friends.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So Splendra, where is your blog, sounds interesting!

S
Old 04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

you can click on my name and click on go to splendra's home page...
Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I want to say; its a glorious morning and I am clean and sober. Today I will leave the "what if's" and live in the now.

Love Kevin
Old 04-28-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
'55 Classic

Good morning Kevin. It's evening here in Texas and I think I shall do the same.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

All I am saying is that if you have something to say that you know will not be well recieved here why not go get a free blog somewhere and start expressing yourself in the way that you want to...