Notices

Help,crack has got a hold of my friend

Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help,crack has got a hold of my friend

I hope someone can give me some guidance. My soulmate has developed a crack habit. He has tried and failed to stop completely. It's tearing me up. He says that its my fault he started, he said I was cheating on him. I did not. Not now, not ever. He has always been insecure but the crack made him a million times worse. I love him and I want to help him. I need to find a way to keep myself sane. My trust is gone and I want it back.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Sadtono))))

My name is Vic and I am an addict of sorts. I am so glad that you are here. Yes crack is the devil himself, besides any other drug. I feel into the grips of crack on Valentines day and I am only 5 days or so away from it. I do want to tell you though that a lot of the things that he is saying is not him talking it is the drug and the disease of addiction. I know for myself that I am not the same person today as I was not even 5 days ago. When we are in active addiction we don't care about anyone or anything not even ourselves. The best thing that you can do is take care of yourself, and maybe pray for him. I hope that everything is ok with you and if you need to talk to someone please feel free to PM me or you can email me. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a severe problem with crack and have lost all material belongings and all friends. you stated you have an issue with trust and rightfully so. Whatever crack does to us it makes us users incapable of holding on to our normal morals and ethics. The only person that can help your friend, is your friend. they have to want to quit, nothing you do or say can or will change them. SAll you can do is to explain to him that you love and care for him, but you cant stay with him if he is going to continue down this path. You need to protect yourself no matter how much love you feel. i dont want to seem harsh, but you should probably put some distance between the 2 of you. maybe then he will see what he has to lose if he continues to keep using. I have lost everything and it is not a happy place to be, it is also a hard place to get out of. Ask him to please get help and let him know what an evil drug crack is. if he is willing let him read some of these posts so he can how many lives have been ruined by crack. i hope the two of you can work things out for him before it is too late. You would be suprised how quickly crack can ruin someone. First and foremost take care of yourself.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Honk if you're a codie!

(((( sadtono ))))

Welcome to SR!

You might try posting on the Nar-Anon forum. We all love our addicts but are learning that the more we try to help them, the more that hurts them. And we can become as sick as the addict. Please read the stickys at the top of the forum and you'll find some good information.

You are not alone.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is not your fault.
You cannot cure him, control his use or you didn't cause the disease...
Look into alanon/naranon.
Those are the Three C's.
Let go or be taken along the rollercoaster ride of addiction with him...
{Hugs} from an addict...who spent 25 years on the rollercoaster before jumping off.