Notices

Its Saturday

Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Its Saturday

Its Saturday Morning here in Melbourne about 9:30 am. I have been up and about for about two hours. Its still a wonder a miracle and a joy to wake up feeling so good. No hangover, that awful physical, mental and spiritual feeling of emptiness. Its not just that I don't drink anymore and am in recovery, its many other things that I love, but where tricky at first, one big one for me was not lying anymore or rather being utterly honest, you have no idea how wonderful it is to always be honest to myself and everyone else the absolute truth. Thats what I have left behind one day at a time.

I woke up this morning, made a coffee, checked my mail and then set about working out why I have no water to the house. I live out in the country and I have a tank that collects rain water. I use a pressure pump to pump the water up to a larger tank on top of the hill, which feeds the house using gravity for pressure, it works well.

However, there is something wrong with the pump, so I disconnected it from the pipes and tank, I am taking it in to get fixed and I will borrow a puimp to use in the meantime.

All of this with a skip in my heart, playing with the dogs and not getting caught up in the problem and making a drama of it, simply sorting it out.

Two days ago, I had an amazing experience, basically I experienced many of the traits that I had before I started drinking and buried them and felt such a warmth for myself, love I guess, it was beautiful and its me!

From day to day this is how it goes sometimes good, sometimes not, but always full of life and thats what I love. I am living a real life and am becoming myself again.

Love Kevin
Old 04-21-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((Kevin))))))))) You're post almost made me cry. It really is a miracle to be sober and able to appreciate life for what it is. It is still Friday night where I am, and not too long ago, had I been sitting at home, laying on the couch watching TV, or checking in on the computer, I would have considered the evening a total waste. Today, I can appreciate that I have worked hard all week, I am tired and taking it easy, and looking forward to waking up tomorrow rested and refreshed and able to greet the day and anything it has to offer. Thank you for reminding me......
Old 04-21-2006, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Laura, it is a miracle and I am glad we do this together

Kevin
PS Pump nearly fixed!