Notices

To Zoloft or go off, that is the question...

Old 04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I take anti depressant (AD) medications b/c I have a chemical imbalance in my neuro chemistry resulting from a tremendously traumatic and abusive childhood. I.e. the prolonged activation of the "fight or flight" system resulting from violence and abuse caused a change in my neuro chemistry that is permanent. As such, if I do not take the AD then I experience a great deal of highs and lows in my daily moods. In contrast, if I take the AD then my moods level out, I am happy and productive and life is good.

AD's work differently than addictive substances, which is why they are not habit forming. Ask your doctor if you don't believe me. The AD I take simply ensures that there is the proper amount of serotonin in my brain at all times so that I function normally. Why would I go a day without it? To do so puts me at risk of abuse, depression and just general bad things. With it, I sleep well, work well, and am generally very successful, happy and enjoy life.

Up to you. Levi
Old 04-23-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You just explained me as my therepist explains me.

She fails to give me a label though... a diagnosis... why? At least then I could research whats wrong with me.

She and my husband have better communication that she and I do, which I dont like.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Zoloft is very expensive now but I just found out it goes generic before my next refill.

A tiny push I should accept? God cant work in my life if my hard-headedness wont allow it.

Know what, Im putting my shoes on and going to get it filled. Again today, I feel like Im ok with leaving. But, I'll admit that I'll park in the garden section and cut through the back isle of the store to the pharmacy. But, its out... and productive.

Deserve to be happy dammit. Never done a single thing wrong in my life, unprovoked.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Rooting for ya Beachbabe!!! **{Hugs}} That's cool it goes generic soon.about time..I have to get samples from my doctor because most months I just don't have it..........it was another excuse I used for a long time.......can't afford it.which was true.but I couldn't afford to be stuck in my house, peeking out the mini blinds, wishing I could drive and talk to people...............THAT is what cost me soo much.

It'll get better......baby steps..........you're doing better than you think.....it just doesn't 'feel' good yet.that takes time.DOING the next right thing is what matters.........rock on girl...........

Here cheering on the sidelines for you.........
Old 04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ok... I have them. They are little yellow oblong pills that I notice I can break in half.

Opinions welcome:

My Dr put me at 100 mils to start yet I see I can break the pill. Should I break it and start at 50 instead?

Or do I listen to my Dr. Listening to a Dr is what got me in all this mess.

Oh, and when should I take it... keeping in mind sleep is an issue for me. I have alot of trouble sleeping or staying asleep.

And any other advice or suggestions always welcome.

Lastly, do you think I might be lucky enough to want to eat more and maybe gain some weight on it?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Unhappy Taking Zoloft

hi im new to this so here goes,
I take Zoloft (50mg) for my depression(post natal depression) which l had for a year and l take everyday cos l get very sad,unhappy n crying for no reason and l once stopped taking zoloft because l thought everything was fine but l fell into the depression stage again and started feeling awful and was so upset all the time.Zoloft l feel works well for me,l do get upset still but not as much as before, l also used to take Endep and that also worked but l stick with zoloft cos l know its works for me.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank all of you so much for all the info. Other than wanting (and being able to) sleep all the time, the zoloft seems to be helping and the 100 mil dosage isnt making me sick to my tummy much anymore.

Remember though, I would go three days in mania and not even sit much less sleep. So, Im not bitching.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Remember though, I would go three days in mania and not even sit much less sleep. So, Im not bitching

What about lithium?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by golf99
Remember though, I would go three days in mania and not even sit much less sleep. So, Im not bitching

What about lithium?

hi golf,
wat is Iithium, ill never heard of it?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

lithium? A little much no?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
lithium? A little much no?

No, if you have manic episodes then lithium is usually written. Lithium balances any chemical inbalance you may have. Manic depressives experience days/weeks of 'mania'..little to no sleep, grant ideas and actions. Then it is followed by days/weeks of severe depression. It has been a life saver for sufferers.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I appreciate your advice but I think I'll stick with the zoloft. Lithium... sounds scary.