Notices

.. times they are a changing...

Old 04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

.. times they are a changing...

Many things are changing for me and around me and the 1st thing is that I can deal with them good or bad without picking up or using and without rocking my sobriety. I sometimes go a little mad but then I sort it out with help

In amongst the things that are happening are two or three things that are amazing, must be a HP job. I can't talk about them as they involve other people but I just wanted to share this and let you know that its true ... it gets better...

Just one thing people forgot to tell me though;

IT GETS BETTER

So if your new or struggling hang in there, use your support and your HP and don't pick up or use, as an amzaing adventure awaits you.

Glad to be sober today.

Love Kevin
Old 04-14-2006, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I still struggle some days and yet a couple of times I have felt 'full' rather than empty and held, these are new experiences for me and I love them and am so grateful.

Kevin
Old 04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the pick-me-up post. I'm still waiting for the "better" to come my way, but at least I'm hanging in there still.

As far as getting to a point of dealing with things, without drinking myself into oblivion as the answer, it has gotten better. I heard something tonight that kind of changed my thinking a little bit about dealing with adversity and problems. A person told me after discussing a situation with him that:

"after what you went through with your alcoholism, this problem ain't nothing. It's like a little gnat flying in your face. It's nothing compared to what you overcame."

And you know what? He was right. I never thought of it quite like that, but after kicking whatever habit you had, anything can be conquered. If a person can deal with alcoholism or drug addiction successfully, that person can deal with about anything.

So I guess things do get better and better in one way or another even if it is as simple as an outlook on life.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kevin, thanks for the great post!

Sometimes it's hard to keep believing that things will get better, but it works. And, when we open ourselves up and let our HP work for us, miracles happen!
Old 04-15-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Goodonya Kevin!

HUGX
Lee
Old 04-15-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

You are so right Kevin!! It gets better and better. Even if things aren't so good, it's better then before!!

Hooray for sobriety!!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by nogard
Many things are changing for me and around me and the 1st thing is that I can deal with them good or bad without picking up or using and without rocking my sobriety. I sometimes go a little mad but then I sort it out with help

In amongst the things that are happening are two or three things that are amazing, must be a HP job. I can't talk about them as they involve other people but I just wanted to share this and let you know that its true ... it gets better...

Just one thing people forgot to tell me though;

IT GETS BETTER

So if your new or struggling hang in there, use your support and your HP and don't pick up or use, as an amzaing adventure awaits you.

Glad to be sober today.

Love Kevin
Kevin-6 years ago, I could have used that post SO much!!! BUT somebody can now!!! It is full of HOPE, IT is full of a person that is trying VERY hard and winning. I am so glad, Kevin that you made that post...6 years ago, I was told by my sponser "Your first instinct is ALWAYS the right one, it is your EGO that keeps you from doing it"...OH, how true that was. To this day, I still use that quote, IF I get stuck, it comes to mind and I use the first instinct..it always works....she had 23 years clean and believe me, she did not let me get away with ANYTHING....the best thing that could have happened to me. She would call me on the slightest thing and I would argue with her!!! SHE would always win..her points were always a lot better than mine. She basically taught me from a 'baby' so to speak. Now, I have been clean 6 years and learned so much, she is very ill and every Tuesday, I go and see her, read to her and tell stories about all the things I used to do to her. She smiles...she remembers. It is sad to see somone that you love so much be so ill, BUT she passed it along and I am too. I am sponsering a girl who is very stubborn, she could be ME!!! I think it is my pentance!!! Thank you again, Kevin and WHATEVER you are doing, PLEASE keep doing it.......PEACE....Kahlia
Old 04-15-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks guys

(((Irish Virus))) I think it all starts from teh seemingly little day to day things, it must cos thats what I have been living in my sobriety.

(((Anna)) your right, but that feeling of being full and loved, even daring to think about loving myself, that was and is really of the wall for me and I love it.

Thanks (((Lee))) and an extra big (((((Hug))))) for you

(((Missy))) yep and thats the really good news its better no matter what I am going through and then it gets ....

(((Kahlia))) thanks for your lovely message, its humbling to think that my words and experience touch someone else so.

Love Kevin