Notices

Triped up

Old 03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triped up

Hello all,
SlyGuy here again.I just need advice I am doing fine,well as best I can.I not in bad shape but have been before.Last week I was here asking for guidence and herd from a long ago friend.I dryed up for 3 days with all the pain and detox.But Damn if I didnt start drinking again.What am I missing I have done the AA meetings and avoid bars but I still have a charter fault I cant adress.
Please advise if you see it clear as day becouse I dont.
Vince
Old 03-25-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vince,
There is always hope as long as you do not give up. I know it is hard, but everytime you fall, get right back up.

Have you found a sponsor and starting working the steps yet? I highly recommend that if you haven't tried that yet.

Sometimes, it just takes some people many tries before they finally "get it" but somehow we get it right when we are supposed to. Each slip is a learning experience that will help us and will give us the ability to help someone else in a similar situation.

Hang in there, Vince. One day at a time is all we have. You can avoid drinking 24 hours at a time and it will add up.

Don't ever give up the hope.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope,
Thanks for the kind and encourageing words.See Its been 1 year last week that I was in i rehab,I thought I got it.But I guess I never did.Honestly my Dad died 1 year ago and I think of him alot,but I know for certin thats not why I relapsed.I have alot of other stress and its good stress that I think is hardest.I still have a great job,a beatiful baby boy,a wonderful g/f and a new house.I not bragging I just scared to death of loseing it all.How can a person be so lucky like I have been and still have a monkey like drinking on my back?
Vince
Old 03-25-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They say that when the student is ready the teacher will appear. You just weren't ready at the time you went to rehab. Also, I believe that a person's bottom can be at the exact moment when they throw down the shovel and stop digging. The elevator goes all the way down but you can get off the ride now before you have to experience the pain of loss. Some people need more pain than others. If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired and you honestly want to get sober and have the willingness to go to any lengths, then it can work for you.

The horrible ride of drinking can end here if you are ready to step off and get honest, open-minded, and willing.

Life is so much better without alcohol. I used to think that I would never believe that, but today, I am truly happy without drinking. It is a blessing and it took work, but I can now enjoy life with a clear mind.

You have many good things going for you in your life. Sobriety will help you be able to enjoy these blessings to the fullest.

You can stop right now before you suffer loss.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs Vince

I was in AA 5 years when I got my 1 year medallion.

I finally quit after reading "Under The Influence"
by Mulam & Ketcham.

Blessings to the 3 of you...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Carol anf Hope.

Thank u Ladies,
I understand but still have to find the flaw that brings be back to drinking.When I do with all your love and advice I will finnally find true soberity,
Vince
Old 03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That flaw is the fact you suffer from a disease.
Your liver and brain process alcohol incorrectly.
This is what I learned from the book I mentioned.

Take care...