Notices

Why Doesnt Anyone...

Old 03-25-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

Red face Why Doesnt Anyone...

respond to my posts?--major ego and inferiority complex--lol--i keep thinking maybe tm just different than other alkies--my hubbie says maybe its because i dont have much drama in my life --nothing interesting--lol-thats true---talk to me people--
(pathetic post--dont YOU think?)-
Laura
Old 03-25-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Wink (((((Rose Petals))))

Hi sweetie,

I'm sorry your not getting responses. I've never 'intentionally' not responded to your posts at all. I personally tend to get sidetracked sometimes.
I go to the new posts often, and tend to post on those a lot.
Or sometimes I will make sure I post to those who have posted to me in the past because I know how much it meant, so I try and also give them support.
But even doing that, I get sidetracked and miss them sometimes when I am trying to post to anyone new or in trouble.

Just giving you many reasons why I have no posted, (If I haven't, lol, I'm not sure if I have or not)....

I'm glad you posted this thread. That's a great sign to speak up for what you need.......

I will make more of an effort when I see your posts.....

((((Rose Petals))))

Old 03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Old 03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rose Petals,
I just called up a review of your previous posts and see that you often offer observations and support for others, without calling direct attention to yourself. In generously giving of yourself to others, you are indirectly receiving responses through your input. We all affect others in this way, everyone interconnected, part of the Whole. So know your contributions ARE being well received, we all benefit tremendously in the mutual support that's so freely shared here. For direct feedback you know what to do, start a thread, voice your concerns, or thoughts, or observations. No doubt you're being heard! Hope you can hear us, even though sometimes we're quiet and indirect in our response.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Rose - don't take it personally if you don't get many responses to a post. A lot of people like to just sit back and read what others write. You are not alone!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You help us so much by being here! You are definitely being heard and appreciated!

We are always listening to you and are willing to help in any way.

Cheryl
Old 03-25-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hi Rose petals!

I'm glad you posted this... often I don't see all the posts that get put up here and most often, like so many, I can be pre-occupied with my own "stuff" in life that I don't really scroll past the first page of posts. I know I end up missing some stuff that I might otherwise get a lot from taking the time to delve deeper. I'm glad you asked for support!

You are definately appreciated here.

Suga
Old 03-25-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

well--
Thanks so much you guys--here i figured i would get negative responses to that--pessimistic world few sometimes i guess--boy i susre am a senstive alkie--lol--i appreciate your respnonses so much--very cool--im sorry for being such a self absorbed dork--you guys are all the coolest
Laura
Old 03-25-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Rose Petals,
Hi. If I haven't spoken directly to you or Welcomed you before, I want to do that now. Welcome to SR and it's very nice to meet you. I have seen your posts before, but I don't get around to everyone like I want to because I'm such a slow typer and reader.

I also want you to know that I have felt like this before and I have heard alot of others say the same things. I think that sometimes there are just too many to personally get around to. I know that we all understand and care here. This is a very wonderful and loving group of people. I think that sometimes we just all take each other for granted if we've seen the same name several times before. I hope that you'll keep posting because I've noticed that the longer someone is here the better we get to know each other and the less likely it is that you'll be overlooked. It seems like, if you're brand new here, you'll get responses and then once you make personal relationships, so to speak, you'll get responses and in-between, there's alot of us, so we tend to look over each other. Hang in there. We do care and read your posts and respond when possible.

I'm glad that you brought yourself to my attention. I won't overlook you now. You just became an individual to me. LOL !!!!!!!
I am sending you
(((((((((((((((Welcome & Glad to meet ya Hugs))))))))))))))))
Old 03-25-2006, 11:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

thanks nina!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I know that this sounds silly, but I see that you were born on the year that my husband and I graduated high school. I have a brother-in-law that was born one year before. Silly me, I know.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rose Petals,

I'm sorry if you haven't gotten responses to your posts. Sometimes it just seems that a post gets missed and it's hard to not think you've been left out. But, I can assure you that that is not the case. As you can see everyong is glad to see you here and we welcome your posts and anything that you would like to share with us.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Rose Petals,

I agree with what all has been said: starting a separate thread is a good way to focus on an issue, trusting that your contributions are being appreciated by more than you may ever know, and that sometimes, there are just too many posts and not enough time to actually respond.

I have felt the same way you do...and, like your hubby said, I figured it was either because I don't have enough excitement and drama going on, or, and he didn't say this, that people just don't relate to me.

Either way, we DO relate to you and are glad you are with us! Keep posting!

love C
Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

thanks anna--
i feel so stupid --you know how it is your brain telling you blah blah blah--and you know better than to listen to it but it still nags at you--low self esteem--i know ,common among alcoholics--hope you are all well--funny you know before i started drinking alcoholically i felt fairly sure of myself and my ability to be ok with life--alcohol took away what self confidence i did have--it takes away stuff you really cant fathom--everything--every facet destroyed--it is evil liquid---yuck
Laura
Old 03-25-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey Rose this is a question that you addressed to Laura so I did it in the spacegirl thread but I am moving it here for you. OK

Originally Posted by rose petals
i believe there is something but if i don't stick w the christian God i was taught you go to hell but i mean if i could actually choose a concept it would free me up but then there's hell in the back of your mind---whew!!!--thanks
Laura

Religion or Christianity is for those who dread hell and spirituality is those of us who have lived in hell. My name is Vic and I am an addict/alke of sorts. I don't really truly believe that we could define something so magnificent, nor would I try to anymore.

You know I went to college shortly after high school to become a minister. That was my calling in life, I truly believe that even to this day. And yes I am a minister (in my own way) and so are each and everyone of us. What we have is a spirit in us that dwells inside of us. It not only dwells in us IMO, it dwells in plants, animals, trees, stars, sky, everything. I used to always and was raised that if you do this your going to hell or if you do this, or that. What God would really want that to happen, NOT MINE> Mine loves me no matter what, UNCONDITIONAL. And I truly believe that if you want to talk about the Master here I will tell you that HE died for all of our sins. NOW if you believe that, IN which I do, then he has forgiven me of the past sins, the present sins and the future sins. That is unconditional love.

I truly believe that God wants us all to be happy, joyous, and free. This doesn't give us a permission to do wrong. God - Good Orderly Direction. You know how a dog loves you no matter what? Well God is Dog unconditional
Just my 2 cents

Love Vic

Also you know I have a thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ive-89696.html and sometimes I have a lot of responses and sometimes I don't but that is just life. Sometimes I feel as if no one really cares because I see them look at it but they don't reply. Then I have to think well maybe there isn't anything more that they can add. I have to remember it isn't all about me, and I have seen you yourself give it away to many. That in itself is doing the deal.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((((( Rosepetal ))))
Old 03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Laura

Hope you stick around. No drama is OK with me.
JMHS
Old 03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Chy

Just keep posting! Some days are slower then others.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Laura "Groovy chic' I finally got registered on here and I see you need response to your post.....Ok my word for the morning as im waiting for coffe to kick in.... Dont drink dont puik dont gag dont have heart palpatations dont sweat dont get paronoid dont druel.... and beware of 12 and 13 steppers who talk like televangelists.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

thanks by his blood and everyone else--i hope you are all well
Laura