Notices

Suggest A Rehab

Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suggest A Rehab

I need to find a place to go for a while. Can you guys recommend any treatment places? It doesn't matter where, as long it's in the US. Thanks.

I need help,
Old 03-19-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

Do you have family? If so, I would recommend www.sundown.org . My kids went there, and what I felt were their strong points:

1. Not for profit - rates about half or less of most private rehabs.
2. Strong, strong family program - helps family "get" addiction and begin to let the addict be the one who deals with the addiction and gets the family to deal with OUR issues.

They are located in Eastern Washington state... at the edge of a beautiful river canyon, just below some rock cliffs. Somewhat isolated, but a great setting for focusing on what you need. They use the Minnesota Medical model... so this rehab won't give you anything you can't get elsewhere. I just have experience with them, know that they've been around since the 50's and know that they are reasonably priced and have a strong family program.

I wish you the best.

PS - Son "got" it while in rehab. He was ready when he went in. Daughter went here 3 times and went to 1 other rehab, and finally got sober.... but her path has been longer and harder. There is no "majic", but lots of direction and encouragement. I believe the recovery rates for those who attend rehab is higher than those who just try to go it alone. ((((sweetstash)))) Check back in and let me know how you are doing.... sending prayers that this can be your time.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's a link that will help you search

http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/
Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey Sweetstash--Just wondered if you had found anything. I know there are some good links from this page. I don't have any great recommendations. Hang in there!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I've heard good things about Heartview in Bismarck/Mandan, North Dakota, but I question why you want to go that far. They're all good, they're all bad. Wherever you go, there you are. Also, most of them have a Family week, so if your family is a long distance away, why should they have to travel so you can recover? Haven't they suffered enough?

Maybe there's other reasons. Congatulations on your last sentence. Get help, wherever.