Notices

please help

Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face please help

Hi I found your site today surfing the webb trying to find some help, I am a mother, one of those 'older mothers',I am a lone parent and have been for many years,I have two children with me now at home a daughter 15 and a son 17, who is 18 later this year.
It is my son I have been surfing the webb for help for, he has ADHD and a language delay and is attending a special needs college, he always gets in with the wrong sort of lads,by that I mean they are drug users and pushers. He has some good friends but would rather spend time with these other lads,he is on Puff and Ash now and whatever else I don't know, he comes home every night in what he calls the blazed state,it is awful he slurrs his speech,he can hardly keep his eye's open and he is so sgressive, he goes to bed and sleeps the rest of the night and all the next day if I let him.
I am so worried and keep telling him he will do his body so much damage,I want to find out all I can about these drugs and how to help him. I have never ever Wings
xtaken drugs myself but have been in the company many years ago with friends that did, so I know the smell you get with these drugs in tobacco. Please could anyone here help me and tell me about these drugs or where I could go to learn about them. I have registered with this site and intend to keep coming back to see what help I can get.
Sorry my post is so very long.
wings
x
Old 03-19-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Wings--Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. I would suggest you check out our Friends and Family and Nar-anon forums. There are a lot of people there who have been through just what you are going through and would be happy to share their experience, strength and hope with you. Please don't forget to take care of yourself in all of this. In the meantime, others will be along here to greet and welcome you. I hope you will stick around!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Wings!

Welcome.

There are lots of people here with experience in similar situations, especially at Friends and Family, and substance Abuse forums.

Please stick around and keep sharing to get input and to release your worries. This is a very constructive and sdupportive place.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Wings!

Just want to add my voice of support. Sounds like he really needs some help -- but he also needs to recognize that he needs help. Hopefully he can come to that realization himself, or with your help. And he'll need support -- groups work can be very effective for teens, especially if there are other teens involved.

ChrisMan
Old 03-19-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all your messages,yes I intend to stick around and I will visit the forums you mentioned, I love my son so much and don't want to see him ruin his life or end up ending it and I won't always be around.
many thanks
Wings
Old 03-19-2006, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by wingsoflove2006
Thank you so much for all your messages,yes I intend to stick around and I will visit the forums you mentioned, I love my son so much and don't want to see him ruin his life or end up ending it and I won't always be around.
many thanks
Wings
Hey there,

In addition to the suggestions here, I noticed you said your son has
adhd, I have that too. There's a great book you should check out it's
called, "Delivered from distraction" it's great! It also talks about how
if not treated one can tend towards self medicating with drugs.

Glad to see you here.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much done-with-it, I have christopher greens books and 1,2,3,magic but had not heard of this one, I am looking for it on line tonight and will read it.
thank you once again
wings
x