Notices

I Just joined you

Old 03-10-2006, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Just joined you

Hello, I just joined this site and I don't know where to start or what to say, so I'll just say hi.
I'm hoping to not drink today. It's only 7am, so I have a long way to go,
Thanks for letting me post.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Katy,

Welcome to SR. This is a great place to visit for support and encouragement. I'm Anna and I'm glad you've found us.

If you like, you can tell us a bit about yourself.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Katybelle ~~~

Welcome to SR. I am glad that you are here. Yep, drinking not just for today is what iti all about! Keep coming back and posting! This is a great place to share and there are a lot of wonderful people here!

xoxoxoxoxo

Ang
Old 03-10-2006, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leigh

Katy,
Welcome to SR, you're gonna love it here. You will get lots of advice and encouragement from some great people who really do care. Keep posting and hang in there, you can do it.
Leigh
Old 03-10-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm an artist. I mainly paint cats. I'm a Texan currently living in Tennessee.
I'm a sneaky drinker, there are empty bottles stuck under my mattress, isn't that pathetic? Like nobody knows I'm a lush....yeah, right.
I'm really depressed, and If there was anything left in one of those empty bottles, I'd drink it.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leigh

Katy,
I know you are really struggling right now, but I promise if you don't drink, little by little life will get better. It's a long process with lots of ups and downs, but it's so worth it all. I also suffer from depression and I know how hard it is, but trust me if you drink, your depression will only get worse. Have you considered going to an AA meeting? It was so hard for me to go , but once I did it helped me so much. I go to NA, but it's all the same. Please hang in there and take it one day at a time. Keep posting and sharing your feelings and it will help more than you know.
Leigh
Old 03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks to all of you for your response. It's really difficult for me to discuss this, that's why I thought I'd try the relative anonymity of the Net.
I used to go to AA. I was sober for two years, it's been about ten years ago. I even chaired meetings! What a laugh.
My husband is a heavy drinker, but I'm a lot worse than him. He hates my drinking, but he won't change his drinking pattern and I can't seem to leave it alone. I don't mean to blame him, my drinking is my drinking, but it's hard when he slugs down a blast or two at 7am before leaving for work.
I know it sounds like I think it's his fault, but it isn't. I just wish I could rest and relax. I have an RX for prozac, but I haven't started taking it. I understand it's really dangerous mixed with alcohol. I don't think I'm suicidal, but my actions are sure self-destructive.
Just reading the forum has helped me today. Maybe someday I can be honest, too. Right now, I'm just hanging on.
Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Glad you're here, katybelle. Just wanted to welcome you and confirm what you heard: prozac and alcohol are not a good mix. I came dangerously close to taking a life when I decided to mix the two. Luckily for me and my ex, I made it through with just an extended involunary committment.

Keep coming back. Those meetings are still there, too, I'll bet.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-10-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Welcome Katybelle!

Keep reading... you will find many people who can totally relate to you and visa versa. Post whatever you are feeling. It helps! Congrats to you on realizing you need to change things for your life to get better.

Hang in there,

Suga
Old 03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I bite.

Welcome Katybelle!

One moment at a time.....

Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Luck to you and welcome! I have only joined a couple of days myself- this is my 3rd day without alcohol and it is really hard, but I know I can do it! Just remember- one day at a time- I realized I had a problem after my last DWI- which is one of 3 that I have had in my life.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome Katybelle!

~doll
Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

katybelle, I can relate to taking pills-anxiety meds which I started taking cause the doctor presribed them-then I started taking too many and mixing them with alcohol. I need to get off the pills too as I order them off the internet now. But I want to quit drinking first, then get off the pills-I have been just taking 2 pills a day cause it helps with my alcohol withdrawals, thinking about going back to the doctor and see if there is something else I can do.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Katy!
I'm so glad your going to give it a try. You know the program, you know how it works, you know what to do , it's just that being ready part. Do this for you. You also know where you can go should you need some live support.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back to recovery, and don' shy away from those AA meetings. It is rare that you will find anything but open arms and encouragement when you return. I'm fairly new to the SR message board myself, and I've found it to be a great place to share your troubles and your triumphs. Keep coming back, brave it and make a meeting or two and try to stay positive... sometimes 'faking it until you make it' goes a long way. I know it has been effective for me in the past!

Welcome back and peace to you

-Wolfman
Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's a little past 4pm where I am, and so far I haven't had any alcohol today. Thanks for everyone's encouragment. I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'm hoping I feel better than I have today.
As for the Prozac, I won't take it, I may just flush it. I've never taken it before and it scares me because of the stuff I've read and heard about it with alcohol. I know I'm depressed, but how much is caused by the alcohol and how much is clinical is anyone's guess, I sure don't know.
I wish I could remember what if felt like to laugh.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Katy, welcome to SR, glad your here with us.

Kevin
Old 03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((katy))) Hello and welcome. You are doing great! well done you XX
Old 03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Katy, I'm new here too (one week). I've been reading everything on these forums. Somewhere I read about how someone felt so great after getting through a tough day without alcohol. I keep thinking about that particular post and it's helped me to picture how good I'll feel tomorrow morning that I succeeded again. This site is great and I'm glad we both found it!
Zinnia
Old 03-10-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery katybelle.