Notices

Update - visiting home

Old 03-01-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update - visiting home

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I quit (I'm not really counting anymore). I don't really think about drinking anymore and I haven't had any cravings (touch wood). I keep myself really busy. I'm in the middle of a Tiao He cleansing (herbal) which cleanses the liver, the colon and blood among other things. I am feeling very connected to my spiritual side through meditation and yoga every day. Working out 5 or 6 times a week and I'm volunteering at a food shelter. I also have had a couple of Reiki treatments which have done wonders. (Rei ki is a natural healing which means "Universal Life Force Energy".)

The good news is that we will going back to the States this next week for a visit (mostly for hubby's work). My husband will find out if we stay in Canada or go back home permanently. If we do move home, it will be a promotion for him. I will miss beautiful Montreal, but won't miss the cold weather. I think being home would aid in my recovery process. I would be able to rejoin my former Grove (neo-pagan congregation) and have my old friends around me, none of which are problem drinkers.

I finished reading Rational Recovery. What an awesome approach to recovery. It really made an impression on me. Anyway, though I'd post an update. I'm still around and doing well!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Hi NatureLover. I work SMART Recovery which is similar to the book you just read. It has saved my butt and I am a better person for it.
http://www.smartrecovery.org
Old 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

Good luck. AA works for me. It will still be there if the rational recovery thing doesn't work.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear NatureLover,

Excellent news! I am feeling so happy for you. Are you experiencing any cleanse reactions yet? I quit drinking 90 days ago (today), and it took til 2 weeks ago to really purge the excess toxins from my body, and feel the degree to which my liver had not been metabolizing stuff, which is what I truly believe my recent "illness' was. It was a deep cleanse. yucko. Its not yet totally over yet, either, but i am going with it.

This past New moon 92 days ago) was the most potent day to start a liver cleanse, as the seasons change now according to all the ancient traditions. I'm using Ayurvedic herbs, lots of purifying yogic practices and Durga **** prayer(which is an Ayurv/Hindu version of the Goddess of Purification).

Its quite powerful, really. I wanted to write in suport of your choices because you may not find you are in the main stream (lol...understatement) here, although folks at SR are beautiful, diverse and generally openminded.

Good luck!

Namaste
Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

typo: that should say "2 days ago" not "92 days ago" above
Old 03-01-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi again! Getting late here and wanted to post a little reply. I actually just got home from running around all day. Staying busy is a good way to also stay sober. Thanks for the replies, suggestions and support!

Miss Communicat - esp. thanks for your non-mainstream support. It can be lonely being non-mainstream. Sometimes people think the only way to do something is the way EVERYONE does it - I find this especially true when it comes to parenting (I breastfed for years, not months; we don't spank; I cloth diapered, etc.) I guess my approach to sobriety is equally odd to most people. It's working for me!! Yippee!!

I have had some reactions to my cleansing... um... well let's say I spend a lot of time in the bathroom. I feel that my liver is growing stronger every day. I started my cleansing on Sunday (not Monday) and I agree that this IS very powerful as the New Moon is in Pisces (and the last new moon of Winter) and such a great time to rediscover loving myself and others around me as I go through this physical renewal. It is so nice to know of another here at SR that feels the significance of that. What type of yoga do you practice? I mostly practice Hatha, but have also practiced ******* a bit. I am guessing that this is what you practice, yes? This is how I came to know of Ayurveda. I have felt drawn to ******* for it's tools to learn to (as the Christian Bible puts it) "put the body under" and look to my inner spirit for guidance. Anyway, it is always nice to chat about these things as I have no real friends here yet (only been two months).
Blessings to you!