Notices

Journey of Hope

Old 06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Willing to get willing.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Growing

Each day clean and sober is a miracle. I am so grateful for having a clear mind today! I feel great just knowing that each day brings new healing to my mind, body, and soul. I have been working on "growing up" and becoming spiritually fit. Each day, I set small goals and work to accomplish that. It is the small things that add up.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

hi, Hope, see ya stil have'n um, "Hi-Hopes" .... great thoughts about flare-ups ... one more to add, dont ignite the flare! lol!................... your move'n on up to the east side of recovery, love it...

all good wishes, and give only love,..... xxoo, pattee
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I surprised myself in a good way earlier! I handled a situation appropriately that in the past would have had my feathers ruffled. I knew that I had to accept the answer and the outcome in order to maintain serenity. No matter what though, I believe that no matter how the outcome turned out, that it was exactly what was meant to happen in my life. I felt myself become calm and ready for complete acceptance no matter what. Fortunately, the outcome of my situation was in my favor but I was also ready to completely accept the outcome even if it hadn't been in my favor. For me, that is progress. I used to fight things every step of the way but I am working on acceptance. Acceptance of life, myself, and others. I saw progress today and that was amazing!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

My Hubby always says "growth for the sake of growth is the ideaology of a cancer cell" .....like when he sees coporate america dozing an area for development...then he says... but progress can be the most rewarding...I never read too much into it until i was clean... then I saw it... growth just to grow is not always rewarding but progression is.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Talking Wow, what a gift!

Although today was hard for me because of an extremely bad migraine headache and other challenges, I got through it clean and sober. Today, I no longer have to turn to drugs and alcohol to relieve anything stressful in my life. No matter what emotions, feelings, or challenges that I have to face, I can get through these things without having to numb my feelings. That is a blessing in my life right now, a HUGE BLESSING!

I am so grateful to be sober. I have so much peace and joy in my sobriety right now. I wouldn't trade my sober days for anything. I have all of the gratitude for choosing a new way of life and sticking to the path. It is a wonderful learning experience with many opportunities to grow as a human being. I am learning to function in society on so many levels and sobriety is the best gift that I have ever received. WOW!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Smile Growing

Recovery doesn't happen overnight and the amazing thing is when we know that each day brings healing and we are growing in our recovery. We are finding new hope each and every day!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:52 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

for Hope...
Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

paitence and tollerance...

have a good journey today Hi-Hopes

agw & gol, ........... xxoo, pattee
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

"So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible.

So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done."

-- Marian Wright Edelman --

The Climb

Climbing up a mountain,
Pulling yourself higher and higher.
Out of the pit of misery.
Things seem to look brighter.
Grass is growing, Birds are singing,
And the sun emerges from theclouds.
Then you start to slip,
To lose your grasp,
And down you fall.
Not quite to the bottom,
Just teetering on a ledge,
Could you go over at any moment
Have you the strength to climbagain?
The pain of your cut soul
Burns like a fire,
The anger, hurt and frustration
Come flooding back into yourmind.
The fight for survival startsagain.
Overcome the fear,
Search for the holds,
Rely on the support from before.
I know it's going to be difficult,
But you did it once,
You can do it again.
Remember, you're not the onlyone -
Out there are other climbers
Fighting their own battles,
Searching their own soul
And conquering their own mountains.

-- Emma Nurton --
Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I'm starting to isolate again which I know can't be good. I can't even bring myself to pick up the 1000 lb. phone. I don't feel like doing anything much less what I need to do. I need to make myself reach out even when I don't feel like it. Reaching out to people is so hard for me especially on a day like today when I'm really hurting.

I will get through this and I will be ok.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

hi hope!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Live, good to see you! :-)
Old 06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Hope4life
I'm starting to isolate again which I know can't be good. I can't even bring myself to pick up the 1000 lb. phone. I don't feel like doing anything much less what I need to do. I need to make myself reach out even when I don't feel like it. Reaching out to people is so hard for me especially on a day like today when I'm really hurting.

I will get through this and I will be ok.
When it feels hardest to pick up the phone or go to a metting is the time we need to do it most and get the most out of it.

Just do it as part of your drill (program).

Kevin
Old 06-19-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hey there Hope,
As you probably have read in my posts past, I know all about what it feels like to isolate and what it feels like to not be able to make yourself pick up the phone.

I just told my hubby the other day that I know I've been doing alot better lately with getting out around others, but I know that if I slack up on making myself step out even for a minute that I'll be right back into that dark hiding place. Please try to make yourself just go to one f2f meeting or just to the store for just this one time. You can do it just today.

Just keep on keepin' on. Don't give in to it. I'm here for you Hope and I do understand. (((((((((((((((Caring Hugs)))))))))))))))
Old 06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

You are all so awesome! I greatly appreciate the words of support. Today was so rough but amazingly, after I got the tears out and allowed myself to experience those emotions, I feel so much better now!! A big change from earlier today! Right this minute, I can say that I am happy. I made the steps to work through those feelings instead of stuffing them in and allowing them to build up.

I chose the healthier thing today and I'm grateful for that.

I have so much to be grateful for and I'm truly blessed!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:31 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi-Hope's... get your (_|_) move'n! ............

agw & gol, ........ xxoo, (_Zip_)
Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Thanks Pattee, that is just what I needed!! lol........ I'm moving on forward one step and one day at a time.