Notices

Journey of Hope

Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I am seriously about to cry! I was supposed to be moving back to the dorms today to start college and now, there is a problem with my financial aid. On top of that, my mom has flaked out on me and told me that she isn't going to help me move and I don't even have anything ready to move. I just haven't been strong enough to get everything together. My eyes are really watering now.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hope4Life-just hang in there-i have been gone for awhile went back to drinking, but I am ready to start over again-1st day back- it is still early in the day, but i think my drinking problem has progressed - i find it harder then say a few years ago to not drink for long periods of time or not drink at all- I feel lost and like i am going crazy-but i have faith that i can do it.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:34 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hi Hope,
Please take a very deep breath and then let it all out very slowly. Think C-A-L-M........
This is just a kink. Try to stay calm and just think about what the next right thing is that you need to do right now. Stay focused on that only. You can do this. One step at a time. Only one step at a time. You can do this and the alternative will only make things alot worse. Please get back here and let us know how you are doing.
(((((((((((((((((((((((Soft Tender Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 05-15-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

remember this gratefull day, if and when you have to make a choice........... yes, you CAN do it.................. and three days are ruff, it was my fithy things seem'd and felt a little better. espeicaly physicaly...the rest a little less, then less, then less.............. agw & tol, Pattee
Old 05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I think things may work out. It was just a few unexpected things that popped up. It looks like I'm going back to college. I'm going to have to balance college and my program.

If in the upcoming weeks I am more quiet than usual, don't worry I'm ok. For a little while, I just want to do more reading and absorbing and I want to listen more. As least until I get a little stronger in my recovery.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

good for you H4, as long as we keep doing positives for our recovery, we all have a chance................. H4, agw & gol, pattee
Old 05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

God is doing for me what I cannot do for myself. It has always been a trigger for me to have an account full of money so I just found out today that I won't be getting a check for anything extra over the amount I need to pay my bills. Although it is irritating to me no end right now and it made me mad, I know that this is the best thing for me right now. Just knowing that all of that money is in my account has caused massive stress due to increased thoughts of blowing it. Well, looks like God has been working on something to help me keep myself out of trouble. Long enough to build a stronger recovery before I get trusted with big amounts of money again.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thank you God for taking care of our Hope. You can do this now Hope, especially since you know from this that God is going to be there to help you in ways that are best for you. Just humbly ask Him to help you each day and you'll do great. Just one day at a time. (((((((((((((Supportive Hugs)))))))))))))))
Old 05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the hugs and the great support! God is so wonderful and so good!! I know that when I tell Him that I can't do it and then ask Him to take over, I am giving Him the room to work His strength and grace in my life. I know that the reason I am sitting here right now is through the grace of God. So many times, I have almost lost my chance at beating this but amazingly, I am still here. God has a purpose for me. Now, I can live to see and fulfill the great purpose. I know that anything God has planned for me has to be absolutely amazing!!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I have finally been getting back to the "wanting" part of staying sober. I was battling those thoughts so hard but then I realized that I was getting a bit ahead of myself at times. I starting thinking in terms of never and forever but then I focused back in on one day at a time. I can stay sober one day at a time. No need to complicate things. After reading Kevin's post on the past 364 days, I felt so much hope and so encouraged! I can do this...I really can. It has been a while since I believed that but I am finally feeling that hope start to come alive again.

I had a great night. We grilled out and had some awesome hamburgers and fries. Then, my cousin came over and brought some lasagna... so we had a huge meal! My dog lucky was getting a little too excited looking at the burgers on the grill so we had to find something else to occupy him, LOL!

I realized something that I haven't seen in a while...I was enjoying my night without alcohol and drugs. Makes me believe that I can enjoy life without substances.

I am truly blessed and I'm grateful!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Sounds like you had a great day. I hope you have a great sleep and wake refreshed. In amidst all my clebrating I will be thinking of you and praying for you Cheryl.

Love Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks Kevin! I will be celebrating right along with you tomorrow. I am so proud of you, my friend!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

May 20, 2006

Gratitude

I am grateful not only for sobriety,
but for the quality of life my sobriety has brought.
God has been gracious enough to give me sober days
and a life blessed with peace and contentment,
as well as the ability to give and receive love. . .
For all of this, I have "a full and thankful heart."

Reprinted from Daily Reflections, Page 93, with permission of A.A. World Services, Inc.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Rho
JstBcuz

((((HOPE)))) Just sending you love, Hugs, and Hope! I hope all is going well for you!
Old 05-20-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks Rho. I really need the hugs today.

I feel like such a big loser. I just really suck! I am such a joke here at SR and I practically have no credibility. Today hasn't been good.

I almost couldn't get on here at SR today because I had someone rip the phone out of the wall and it screwed things up. It has been a warzone at my house today.

I'll be ok, most likely. I just have to work through these feelings. Time to start praying, meditating, and writing.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

May today there be peace within.
May you trust your Highest Power that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the
freedom to sing, dance, and to bask in the sun.
--unknown
Old 05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Hope4life

I feel like such a big loser. I just really suck! I am such a joke here at SR and I practically have no credibility. Today hasn't been good.

(((((Cheryl)))))

Don't put my friend down honey (YOU) are not a big JOKE here at SR and you do have credibility when you just reached out to someone else the one that NOCOKE started. That is what this is about denying self for others. I see you doing that a lot, so why don't we practice denying self for self. You know what I mean. Give yourself a break, and a little respect. I respect you. Sending tons of good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Vic! That really helped me feel A LOT better, it really did. I am so glad that you posted. I have a smile on my face. I am here for you too, always!
Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-20-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Hope4life
Thanks so much Vic! That really helped me feel A LOT better, it really did. I am so glad that you posted. I have a smile on my face. I am here for you too, always!
Love,
Cheryl
I know that Cheryl, hey do you know that song by John Mayer "Your Body is a Wonderland"? Anyway I try to put those words toward me, to give me some hope at times. Plus I found this one that I love pass it on

Pass It On

It only takes a spark to get a fire going
And soon all those around can warm up to its glowing.
That's how it is with God's love
Once you've experienced it,
You spread his love to everyone:
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring
When all the trees are budding
The birds begin to sing
The flowers start their blooming
That's how it is with God's love
Once you've experienced it,
You want to sing -- it's fresh like spring:
You want to pass it on.