Notices

hi

Old 02-01-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dally

Red face hi

I am new here and have learned so much by reading I hope Iam doing this right. I just wrote a whole story but lost it becuse I closed my window by accident. I have been sober for 9 days now and have had all the things that every one was talking about exept for loss of sleep this time last 4 times I was not on anxiety meds and I could not sleep I finnally went to the dr. and that has helped for about 4 monthes but I kept drinking I know that is not good for the anxiety. this is the 4th time I have quite but it helps to say I have not quite I am not drinking on this day the thought of never seems to long just today seems ok and I will wake up better tommorrow. I am hungry all the time thirsty drink every thing in site exept you know and I feel like somthing is missing like a void thats what all the drinking must have done is put in some kind of void. I have drank since I was about 15 of and on wine beer tequila vodka iwas just starting enjoy whisky and acting nuts guilt ashamed i have had all that. I went to aa the last time I quite I did not like it to much . before that I went to alchool school for a dui that was 7 years ago
I learned all that drinking could do I was not ready I guess my dad was a cop and he would tell me the dangers of drinking and driving but I did not listen it was his vodka I started drinking and i would water it down. but any way thank you for a place to share it gets all those feelings out and i dont feel alone I no know that other people are going and feeling the same way i feel and have felt its a good feeling thank you.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Well let me be the first to welcome you! You will find lots of support and advice on this board!! I am on day 22, and come here every day- it helps. I wish you the best of luck in your sobriety.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, sweetdally. Glad you are here!

You'll find lots of information and support here. In your post you said you've tried AA and an O/P alcohol school for a DUI, but neither kept you sober. What is your plan for recovery today?

Old 02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there Sweet Welcome to SR and congratulations on your decision, and your sober days !

I remember feeling that "hole" when I stopped drinking. for me , the answer was meetings. I had isolated so much in the last 5 years of my drinking, that all I had left when I stopped was me, and my work. The meetings at first filled my time and my need for company, I was on holidays when I quit, so had spare time on my hands.

I found that once I stopped , AA taught me how to stay stopped. I now have 2 1/2 years sober, and for me, the benefits have been miraculous! I have had to work hard , but it has been made easier by attendance and involvement in AA.

There are other roads to recovery, but I have no experience in these , but someone is bound to come along with the info

Whichever road you choose I wish you the very best

HUGX
Lee
Old 02-01-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there!
Glad you found this site, there is so much help here, it is unbelievable! Welcome! Make yourself comfy and hang out with us!
~EG~
Old 02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hanging in

Thumbs up sleep

hi I had been up for 8 straight days.I could not see clearly,Italked 90 miles an hour.And that was sober. I take sleeping meds because I need to fuction.AllI can say hang in there.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sweetdally, GLAD you are here! Welcome!!

Tom from Pasadena here...stick around!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

and BIG WELCOME!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I bite.

Glad you are here!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
stillbitter

Welcome!

I just returned from my first AA meeting in 12 years. Back then, I felt the same way, that it wasn't for me. Foolish pride and denial on my part. The meeting I attended tonight felt like I belonged there and will fill the void, If I want it to. that is the key. You may want to try again, maybe a different meeting in a different place. I'm new here as well, there are many others here that may give better advice. I've also heard there are other methods of recovery other than 12 step if you are not into that. Anyway, hang in there!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....Well done on your sober days
Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Dally!!