Notices

im new need women to talk to

Old 01-30-2006, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry im new need women to talk to

hi....i'm new to online recovery.....been in and out of the rooms for too long.....i get caught up in the social aspect and dont concentrate on recovery. i am tired of being a liar and a loser.......my husband has given me so many chances its not funny....and again i have lied and manipulated. im tired of being sick and tired.......emi77
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi emi and welcome to SR

my name is Lee,, I am an alcoholic

I know that feeling, sick and tired of being sick and tired .....thats what got me to AA, I wanted recovery more than anything in this world , and that gave me the willingness to do whatever was required .

I hope you get back to the rooms, and do the suggested things

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Save Yourself

Social Exceptance As You Can See Does Not Equal Recovery If Your In The Hall Instead Of The Meeting Or If Your Cross Talking While The Meetings Going On And Sometimes Try Opening Your Mind To Some Ideas You Wouldn't Normaly Do Hey I Don't Know That Well How Ever Some Of Us Want A Soft And Easy Way Out I'm Here To Tell Ya Their Ain't None And Being Clean Or Sober Many Times Is Not Easy Thats Why We Toughen Ourselves Up By Working Steps With A Sponsor And Following Suggestion Of The Program If I Told You All The Pain And Suffering I Have Had To Stay Clean You Might Run More But The Point Is I Lasted Today (and You Can To) Pray In The Morning Ask God To Keep You Clean And Thank Him At Night Keep It Simple And Trying To Stay Clean For Someone Else Only Last A While Because If You Get Angry Or Irritaded With Them Guess What You Can Use Them For An Excuse There Is None Anymore We Are Not Responsible For Our Disease But We Are Responsible For Our Recovery So That Means Even In The Tough Times When No One Likes Us Or No Job Money Sex Homeless We May Cry Holler But We As Recoverying People Do Not Use No Matter What Of Couarse You May Not Be Ready To But A Lot Of Us Were Not Or Maybe In The Back Of Your Mind You May Think I'm Not That Bad But What Ever Your Excuses Are Check Them Out And Get Rid Of Them By Going To A Meeting Or In The Forum, Calling Someone , Everyone On The List If Need Be At Anytime Two Am Threeam But Please Do Not Not Not Not Not Not Use! Because Thats The Time Your Going To Get Your Greastes Freedom P.s. One Thing That Help Me You Don't Have To Do Every Thing You Think And Learn To Not Panick It Will Get Better Easy Does It

Last edited by A FRIEND1; 01-30-2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: I FORGOT TO SAY HI IM STEPHANIE
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((emi))))

Welcome to Sober Recovery. There are winners in the rooms you can find them if you look. We are glad you are here too. I am glad that you are looking at how your loved ones feel but, you still gotta do it for you.

We have lots of very loving, and wise people here. Make yourself at home.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you everyone for responding. yeah, i always look for the easy way out......what is my problem???? i want instant gratification all the time.....i have more than just substance abuse issues.....and yes i want to run screaming from this but i won't today.......thank you. emi
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!

I had many many false starts before I finally quit.
The only failure is to stop trying.

Glad to see you...
Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Emi,

Welcome to SR. This a great place to come for support and encouragement. And, if you're looking for women to talk to you can also stop by the Women in Recovery forum.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HI Emi, I'm sure you'll find the support you are needing to get started here. I can relate to your social experience in AA. I love the meetings (I've only been to 5 so far), but I'm afraid that soon I'll begin worrying that everyone knows each other and goes to lunch together, but not me. Right now I'm trying to keep focused and not turn this into another sorority debacle. I'm not much of a socialite, but I'm hoping that AA doesn't care. I wish you the courage to stick it out and look for recovery and not so much the social foofoo stuff (maybe it will come later).
Old 01-31-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

and yes i want to run screaming from this but i won't today
Good.
Cause we can't run from ourselves.

If we're good to and for ourselves.... it's only gonna follow that we're going to be good to those around us.

Have courage Emi.

I had to constantly remind myself that I might as well be hurting on the path to wellness as hurtin on the path to hell.. so...
Stay and get well with us.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Hi emi. Welcome. Being here has really helped me in more ways than one. There are some great people here. Stick around.

~doll
Old 01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey emi77, welcome to SR.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi emi, welcome to the site, you can vent your worries or fears onhere and there are some fantastic people about who have helped me during my short time in here..

You can PM people if you like if you wish to discuss anything personal...
Have faith and trust in yourself stick around and youll make some good buddies on line

Love Purrdyxxx
Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh my god, emi77, you are my sister. I don't understand how my husband can put up with me. It s is really so hard to do this, isn't it? Sheesh, hate me today, usually do, so let's do some sobriety pushups, I could sure use it.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Emi

Emi, I know how you feel. I have hurt my husband with my lying about my pain killer addiction. I hadn't used pain killers for the past three years. But New Years Eve there was a guy who had a bottle of pain killers. They were sitting on the counter and no one was around. I actually stole some from this guy and he noticed some were gone. He wanted to call the cops, etc. but he didn't, thank God or it would have ruined my 13 year old daughter's life. My husband found out and it hurt him very badly.

When I was using, I would lie to him and tell him I wasn't right to his face. This summer I started to drink quite a bit, but finally pulled my head out of my butt and realized I cannot raise a family and have a good relationship with my husband.

My pain killer addiction started because I had severe arthritis in both hip joints. I had both hip joints replaced 3 years ago, but continued taking the pain killers from my surgery even though I didn't have any pain, I took them because I was bored. I also had a pill doctor who would prescribe me pain meds on a weekly basis. My husband went to this doctor and told him not to give me anymore. I never went back to the doctor, and this doctor has since gotten his medical license pulled because he was doing this with many many many people.

My pain killer addiction changed me and I was constantly badgering my husband, calling out all his faults and dragging the past up. I lost 4 years with my daughter. My daughter would tell my husband, "all mommy wants to do is sleep all the time".

I believe my addiction also has effected me as far as my memory, lots of anxiety, and consentration. I am seeking help from a psychiatrist. She prescribe a mood alterator (non-addictive) and it has calmed me down quite a bit.

I am so thankful that my husband did not leave me during these times, but I have hurt him again, and he layed down the law. Straighten up or get out. I have never been so ashamed of myself for the things I have done. It is hard to forgive yourself and go on with our recovery, but we can do it!

I will keep you in my prayers, do the same for me PLEASE!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome!
So what's your plan now?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Originally Posted by CarolD

I had many many false starts before I finally quit.
The only failure is to stop trying.
I'll give a BIG FAT AMEN to that one!

Danielle