Notices

REALLY scared...

Old 01-30-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question REALLY scared...

Hey ya'll

I have been clean from hydro since jan 17. To this day, I am sicker now than yesterday. Everyday IS NOT GETTING BETTER, only worse.

My son came home with an awful strain of the flu. Is this what Im dealing with? W/D, weak immune from using, then contracted awful flu?

Our God is a vengenful God. Amen. Why isnt he helping me?

I reckon what Im asking is:

Am I going to be ok?

How long should this take... worse case scenerio as listed above.

Are there any signs that I need medical treatment?

I have always been a hypocondreac, thats a given. But I know how I feel and I know it isnt 'getting better everyday' as everyone says.

Please give me the straight up, no holds barred response.

I need to know if I should be scared and sick... or just sick.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Hey beachbabe,

I can almost positively say that if you have not taken any hydrocodone since the 17th the withdrawals should be over and more than likely you have a case of the flu now.

Hydrocodone withdrawal usually last from 5-10 days max....if you are still having symptoms it is probably the flu. THe flu sucks ass and it can last a while, the last time I had it, it lasted about a week or two and I was tired for about a month afterwards.

I kicked december of 2004 and I just so happened to catch a stomach virus at the same time....I got sick so much, I was throwing up blood so I ended up in a hospital for a week, it really sucked.

THe best suggestion I can give you is to go see your doctor, he can probably give you something like tamiflu to help out with the sickness, just don't use no matter what and it'll pass.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Good morning Beachbabe

Withdrawal just sucks like Blake said but we all have been through it at one time or another. Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids and stuff. They say that you are probably right where you need to be. I know that don't sound right huh? But just hang in there this too will pass. You are doing wonderful.

Love Vic
Old 01-30-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So God isnt just mad at me? Thereby giving me a double wammy? Sure is how it feels.

Dude... I am wiped out. Reckon your immune system is lower when you are in w/d, then my baby came home with the flu and BAM?

So, as long as no puking blood, running high fever, passing out just rest? And this too will pass?

I will hold you to your word -wink-

Hate to sound like a spoiled ass but damn... I beat this **** and this is what I get for it? That is how I feel now. I have even heard an addict voice say 'If being sober feels like this, I dont want NO PART OF IT'. (Someone would have to literally hold me down and shove a pill in my mouth with one of my kids at gunpoint... THAT is how hard-headed about this I am)

This may be a stupid question but can you re-catch a strain of the flu over and over? Do I need to have my 17 yr old lysol everything and open the windows? Im at a loss, I'll do anything, hell at this point, as a member of PETA I would sacrifice a chicken to be able to get around.
-embarrassed-

But I have kids so I have no other options but to live clean. I be damn if I am going to read the stories here about moms that were high throughout most of their kids growing up (bless their hearts, so sorry they have to live with that) and NOT learn from it.

That is what unity is about. Loving together, learning together, being healthy together.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yall are NEVER going to believe this:

I took 2 midol because on top of it all, yep, bought that time. Within the hour, I was standing in front of the sink... doing dishes! WTF?

I have been barely able to get through the house for 3 damn weeks and I take a midol and can get through the dishes?

This is really weird. Really weird.

Has anyone heard of this phenomenon among hydro recoverers?

My lord... what if accidently, we have stumbled across a beautiful otc to get opiate abusers through the hell.

Midol, go figure... I always knew chicks ruled the world hehe.