Notices

Oh My , HELP!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Oh My , HELP!!!

I am having the worst cravings that I have had in a LONG time and the mental obsession is so intense that it feels like it physically hurts to not give in to them. It is SO bad!! I have already talked f2f to a few people but it still won't go away!!!

Please just tell me that these cravings will go away, please, please??
Old 01-22-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

They will pass if you allow them to. You have two choices, to use or to let them pass. What's it going to be? Do whatever it takes to win over the cravings.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by hopealwayz
Please just tell me that these cravings will go away, please, please??
Hi Cheryl,
Sorry your having a rough evening. You know the cravings will go away, they have before just dont give in!!! You are stronger wait it out.

What is this about, you have been so happy and past you 30 day trigger, dont let it get you now, your just have been feeling so good and positive, its your addiction calling and telling you to go back to he**.
Dont go, dont give in.
Not now, not ever
Old 01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not going to use. It feels like it is killing me by not giving in but in reality, using does that very same thing.

I am going to make it. It is just so hard.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Why have my cravings become so powerful? Do they weaken over time?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I think it helps to work a recovery program, going to meetings and working the steps with a sponsor. That I believe, helps strengthen your sobriety. That is why it is good to have a sponsor during times like these.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Why are cravings so strong? That's easy. The devil you know seems better than the devil you don't. You know how to use/drink. Straight/sober, that's the great unknown.

If a barn is on fire and you lead a horse out, you need to hold on to his halter tight. If you let him loose, he will run right back into the barn, to his familiar stall, and burn to death.

Let us "hold your halter."

It will get easier.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahhhh, ((((Cheryl)))) Yea, the feelings to use will pass. i am actually craving a line right now. I think for me I have to figure out what causes my cravings. You just made me think about why I was craving, it's cause I'm tired. That's it...
Maybe there is a reason the craving is so strong right now for you?

Remember when this happens to tell yourself that if you use, the cravings will just get stronger, if you don't, they'll fade away.......

Is there something else going on for you right now that could be causing the urges to be so high?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Cheryl,

Your birthday celebration was so great, you shared it with us, got such positive feedback and it can all be a bit overwhelming and causes anxiety. Sometimes it is not easy to accept such greatness in ourselves, that takes time, part of personal growth. A reason to run...overwhelming feelings. It is just a celebration of you. Take a bubble bath or exercise. We're here for you.
Hugs!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Hey Cheryl. Hope you made it through the night and are feeling better today. Don't forget about PAWS - Post Accute Withdrawal Syndrome. Bad cravings/anxiety/emtions all over the map for no good reason, can happen at any time after you quit using/drinking. I've heard it can happen up to a year or more afterwards. Do anything to keep busy (except use, obviosly) - go do something nice for yourself - get to a meeting and vent, call your sponsor, or even go get frozen yogurt. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Here for you always,