Notices

Day 1 Again!

Old 01-21-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

((((((HOPE)))))
It's SO GOOD to hear from you! How have you been girl!! I'm back for DAY 3. I ate my way through DAY 1....exercised my way through DAY 2....and now I guess I'll have to rehab my sore body on DAY 3! I think I'll read a lot today. I seriously need a new distraction. I'm thrilled to read that you're still working on your recovery. You keep at it girl!

Hi (((((SUGASNAPS))))
Thanks for your support. I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of your posts...hope your recovery is going well.

It's good to be back on SR....boy! do I ever need you guys....all of you!!!
Hugs, Val
Old 01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well...I'm still sitting here reading and working my way through DAY 3.
It seems like everytime I relapse, the first week is the most difficult to work through. It must have something to do with low self-esteem. Hope everyone is hanging in there today.
Val
Old 01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Val,
Welcome back and good for you on day 3.
I hear you on week one, I did it twice last year and it was rotten both times, didn't even want to leave the house. I felt lousy physically but the shame of falling into the same trap AGAIN, along with the requisite amount of drunken embarrassing situations to worry about does leave the self esteem shreded. Week two is better as long as you don't forget week one....
Reading and posting here has been a big help.
You keep hanging in there too, one day at a time, you know what to do!
Look forward to seeing you around more,
Take care
Old 01-21-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi there - great work...!!
That's perserverance. The moment you refuse to hop back on the wagon again is the day you have lost!!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Val,
We are still with you on Day 3!! Girl, you got tons of support pouring out on you. Just reach out and grab our hands. Each day feels better and soon you won't even believe what you had to go through in these early days.
I always try to remember what my early days feel like in order to avoid going back to that.

(((Val))) Lots of hugs for you!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

trying again

Dont get discouraged with yourself cause sometimes it takes a while to get this program.I was first introduced to aa at 17 and now im 38 with 13 months of sobriety you do the math ok Lee
Old 01-21-2006, 10:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Val,

if you were on a trip and had car trouble. Would you trun around and start all over? Nah, you'd take care of the problem and keep on your trip. Life is like that. Did you learn your triggers? Were you going to meetings, calling a sponser, helping at meetings?

If, you put half as much effort into staying sober as you did to drinking, you'll be successful.

Glad you made it back
Old 01-22-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Ash,
Thanks for the howdy do! I'm on DAY 4 now and feeling good. I had a rough evening last night. Hubby let me know we may be moving and I ALMOST gave in again, but a dear friend caught me in the middle of my moment and turned me around again. I'm so grateful to be able to wake up today clean and sober and working through DAY 4. I know I'd be feeling really lousy right now if she hadn't helped me. Hope you're doing well on your recovery and hope to hear more from you as well. Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Val
Old 01-22-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by Val-light
I'm so grateful to be able to wake up today clean and sober and working through DAY 4.
HI Val,
Really glad you resisted and had a friend close by who could help you over the patch.
Day three and four are usually bad for me, then day 7 I also think I deserve a reward,
that happened AGAIN at day 30.

I'm past that part now and the "obsessive thinking" has also passed,
hope it does for you soon.
I just need to keep serious and keep going, coming up on two months.
For me this time, "one day at a time is working." When I had the urges in the early weeks,
I just thought I am not going to do that today, funny I knew about that before, but this time it just gave me peace,
I don't have to think about never having it, because I am just not having it now.
Takes lots of pressure off.

I also saw a quote on the SMART web site that goes something like,
"Drinking has not positive place in my life, or
Drinking can bring nothing positive to my life." How does that one hit ya?
Anyway, lets you and I focus on the positive, for me that eliminates alcohol!

Hope you are having a good day Val, stay here at SR,
it will help keep us on the positive side of the street.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Trish,
That's a beautiful name! Thanks for the support. I'm almost through DAY 5 and going strong. I've made so many friends since I started recovery. It's been great watching all of us grow into different people. I hope all of us can stay on the wagon and enjoy our lives chemical free.
Hugs and thanks for responding.
Val
Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

need advice about falling off the wagon

My boyfriend went to alcohol detox and has been sober for 43 days. I have been so proud of him because he's been doing so well. However; he went on a business trip yesterday and fell off the wagon and was drinking all night and today. I'm picking him up in an hour from the airport and not sure if I need to encourage him to go back into detox or to a meeting first thing in the AM. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hopealwayz
Each day feels better and soon you won't even believe what you had to go through in these early days.
Hey Hope How are you girl? I'm so excited to be on DAY 6 today that I'm already working on it....just reading through some stuff and staying focused on getting through the first week of another relapse. Each day IS feeling better as you put it. You're a real inspiration to me Hope! Have a wonderful day and thanks for sticking by me.
Hugs, Val
Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

By His Blood
I'm doing good I have a small flicker of hope inside me....
By His Blood
Congratulations on DAY 6
Keep that flicker alive for another day! I know we can do it!
Val
Old 01-24-2006, 01:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lee1
Dont get discouraged with yourself cause sometimes it takes a while to get this program.I was first introduced to aa at 17 and now im 38 with 13 months of sobriety you do the math ok Lee
Well Lee....I'm older than you are and I never even made it to 13 months! I refuse to give up! Thank you for the support. I'm feeling good about making it throught DAY 6.
Val
Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Captain,
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I made it through DAY 6 and am feeling good about it. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Val
Old 01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Val,
Way to go on day 6, today is lucky 7!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Ash
Thanks for stopping by with the support! Day 7 is looking great!
Val
Old 01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Val,
Good for you!!!
I started reading "Beyond the Influence-Understanding and Defeating Alcoholism". It is giving me a great perspective on how I got the way I got and also what will happen to me if I continue, very factual but scary.
I got it on Amazon, if you haven't read it I would recommend giving it a try!
Take care
Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reading tip ASH! I just came on for a minute because I'm going to dinner with my husband at a restaurant that serves alcohol. I NEED to NOT drink this evening and came here because everyone on this forum is struggling with the same issues. I feel a lot stronger just being here for a few minutes. I'll check in when I get back and let you know that I made it safely. Thanks Ash...your concern and advice means a lot to me.

Val
Old 01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yay....I made it! Thanks to all of you for your support!
Val