Notices

New here and 4th day sober in years!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I now have 23 days SOBER!!!

I have also lost 7lbs without changing my diet alhough instead of wine I now OD on coffee!! is this bad?
I am now planning my trip to the UK to do my invitro treatment to try for a child SOBER, I mov einto my new little houe in FRance on the 15th of this month so I plan on this being the begining of a new healthier happier way of life but I do need you all to stick with me you are ALL a part of me like brothers and sisters in understanding and I am so gratefull.........
I hope you are all having as positive time as I am in your recovery one day at a time Love & light to all of you L XXXXXXXXX
Old 02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

WOW WOW WOW

SOOO happy for you Lynz!

Well done!!!

Cathy31
x
Old 02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hey Lynzi! I missed your first posts! Welcome to SR and congratulations on day 23! That's awesome!!!

Have you met winelover yet? She's living in France right now too and is doing SO awesome - maybe you two are close to each other. I dunno nuttin 'bout nuttin for geography in France. Drop her a PM! I bet she'd love to hear from you. She also posts a lot in the Hands Across Timezone thread.

Keep up the great work and keep posting! Your story will help so many who are already here and for those who come after you.

Suga
Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks X

My e-mail address is here for anyone who wants a chat I will be happy to.
Love & light to ALL of you trying to improve your lives by commiting yourselves to saying NO to Alcohol Good riddance to i make a list of the positive of drink! I bet you cant ha ha !!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

We are all so pleased for you!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is what you make it!

Lynzi! I missed your first posts too....so just wanted to say welcome, you're doing great! It's awesome how those days add up before ya know it! Keeping busy is key. Keep posting!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

HI Lynzi... I can only share my own experience..

This disease is progressive.. Often times we keep drinking until we reach a point where we simply cannot stop.. Its an addiction. It gets ahold of us good.. Its called cunning, baffling and powerful.. Sounds like you are seeing that.

If your alcoholic there are only 3 ways out out of this thing.. Get locked up, get covered up or get sobered up.. I was locked up quite a few times, nearly covered up a couple of times and finally sobered up..

I can only share what worked for me and countless others.. I got to AA meetings.. I got the Big Book (alcoholics anonymous).. I read it from the beginning thru Chapter 1.. At that point I realized I definately fit. I was an alcoholic.. Chapter 2 is titled "There Is A Solution".. I wanted to know the solution - so started reading again..

I became willing to go to any lengths. I started taking the suggestions from those who had what I wanted.. They told me I had to do what they did. Go to meetings, read the book, get a sponsor and start working the steps..

So, if you have become willing to go to any lengths and you want what we have.. then I pass on what was told to me.. You have to do what we do.. No easier, softer way. No thinking we are special, different or unique... Make the choice to live and get to a meeting..

Is it worth it??? I have been sober 25 years and am here to tell you its MORE than worth it. You have no idea what a wonderful life awaits you.. You never have to drink again or feel this way again..

Linda
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

To all of you above I didnt make it I continued drinking and getting depressed as I have no friends here in France due to isolating myself and not having a child and then my relationship getting more and more miserable...
I am now 5 years on so I hope this helps NYONE out there to see it changes nothing if you do not stay sober!!
I am still here in my little house we are still together and he is still there for me and I am supposed to be getting married I have a beautiful dress that my best friend in the UK just gave me I have friends offering me there villa for my wedding in St Tropez but here I am still drinking and getting depressed and to think of all the people less fortunate just sends me into a down ward spiral...
I was put in a childrens home at 12 after my Mother had me at 16 she adopted a 10 day old baby boy and I made it on my own from being 15 working in nightclubs telling them I was 18!
Not easy and been through a lot of **** maybe i have just got used to it so much struggle when I was younger I am just used to it and cant accept that its different now...
I had a bad one day before yesterday so had a sober day yesterday and today and had to get back here to find a bit of help, last night was horrible itching and night sweats slept a little bit now exercised on my Wii machine for 40 minutes now I am tking it minute by minute, alone as usual my Nan died in December last of my Family who gave a ****, my Mother I havent spoken to since the last time I posted here 5 years ago...
Old 07-19-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Lynzi

I'm sorry for your history.

I think there comes a time though when we have to stop letting the pain of the past hurt us again and again and again...and we have to stop trying to manage that pain ourselves through drink.

Have you thought of support - counselling perhaps, or a recovery group like AA or SMART or whatever else is available in France?

D
Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey Lynzi,
Its so great you made it back now!! Just because you failed then doesn't mean you can't try again! Please come back and post here
Lots of love