Notices

Please keep me in your thoughts

Old 01-11-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Please keep me in your thoughts

Went to work this morning and at 9:15am had my contract terminated. Reasons given where pretty poor expect for one item which was/is a mis-communication, in any event my contract was terminated this morning. It was not a great job, but it was well paid and long term, I went to a lot of troube to hang out for the correct job I thought.

Talk about Down and Out. I may well loose my house and everything else as I was nearly bankrupt anyway. I have no idea what I will do, brush myslef off and look for work I guess. My mood is swinging from "oh **** it all" through to "its fine just keep on ..." minute by minute

Thanks for letting me vent

Kevin
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Kevin))) I am so sorry my dear friend.
I just said a prayer for you.
Sometime life just has these unexpected bumps that cause pain. My heart is feeling the pain for you. I wish that you didn't have the obstacles to face and if I could remove them from your path, I would. Although I cannot take away the hardship, I can promise you that I'll be here to listen anytime you need to vent or if you need an understand ear to listen. You don't have to go through this alone. Just remember that as long as you do not drink, things are bound to move forward and every blessing that is meant for you will find it's way to you. Drinking will not do anything for you except for leave you with a bunch more problems to deal with and then you will be kicking yourself for making that decision.

I know it is so hard for you right now, but please hang in there and reach out to us. Sometimes we have to go through the storms before we find our rainbows. Good things happen when we believe and hold on to faith.

Take good care of yourself my friend.

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

prayers for you Kevin. I know something will come along. Keep your head up!!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear that. Boy that stinks, I do wish you the best in finding a job now. Just hang in there the right one will happen before you know it. You will be in my thaughts and prayers.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
raerob

They obviously didn't appreciate what they had in you, Kevin...their loss!!!

I hope they have lots of daytime meetings, too, in your area...try to make as many as possible in between the job-search appointments. It will keep you refueled!

And, keep in touch with us here in SR...we're with you, Kevin!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Kevin...)))

I would lift all your troubles from you if I could...
but.. God hasn't asked me to asist him yet...

We never know what's coming down the pipe... that's a fact.

But.. as long as we keep to the "right"..
chances are...
things are unfolding as they should.

I went bankrupt.
Lost everything.

So freeing.

I know it's hard not to worry...
but.. just try to trust..

praying for your greatest good...
I really believe God won't let you down.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Cheryl, Kathy, okietiger, raerob, bikewench

I have already moved into action and have started looking for work. I need to put my money where my mouth is and keep sober and keep moving forward. So thats what I am doing.

Already have one interview for tomorrow and another for next week

Kevin
Old 01-11-2006, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

KEVIN,

WE DON'T DRINK, WE TRUST GOD, WE CLEAN HOUSE AND WE HELP OTHERS.

ON ACCEPTANCE...

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I an disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changes in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage, all the men and women merely players." He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out. Because I knew you wanted perfection, just as I did. A.A. and acceptance have taught me that there is a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I am complaining about God's handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God.

For years, I was sure the worst thing that could happen to a nice guy like me would be that I would turn out to be an alcoholic. Today, I find it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. This proves I don't know what's good for me. And if I don't know what's good for me, then I don't know what's good or bad for you or for anyone. So I'm better off if I don't give advice, don't figure I know what's best, and just accept life on life's terms, as it is today- especially my own life, as it actually is. Before A.A., I judged myself by my intentions, while the world was judging me by my actions.

http://www.recoveryguide.org/big_book.htm
Old 01-11-2006, 10:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Chris, Its hard to accept when things seem to be going so badly and its so easy fopr me to blame others, I know your right, but I also know I need to work on acceptance.

Kevin
Old 01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers Kevin...
Old 01-12-2006, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll keep you in my thoughts. I hope you'll find another job, do keep in mind that drinking/using won't help this. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kevin. You have been doing good. This may sound funny, but work your 3rd step. God will not let you down if you have complete trust and keep your faith. Whatever happens is God's will. Pray only for the knowedge of God's will and the power to carry it out. Things have a way of working themselves out. At the same time, I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
raerob

Man proposes...God disposes! You do the footwork, and God will steer you in the right direction.

You're sounding very positive and up-beat, Kevin...that's a verrrrry good thing!

Old 01-12-2006, 04:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((((((Kevin)))))))))) Thinking of you and praying for you........ Hang in there, hon'. It will work out how it is supposed to.

Love and hugs--
Old 01-12-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Kevin))

Love, hugs, and prayers for you!!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Kevin)))))))))))))))))

I am SO sorry about your job. I remember how excited you were to get it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ang
Old 01-12-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kevin! My thoughts and prayers goout to you at thistime. I'm glad to see that you are thinking positively. Things will work out,keep your head high!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Kevin hang in there Mate, you have lost ONE job only, compare that with THOUSANDS of sober days to come. Keep the Faith you know it makes sense. Please keep things in perspective.
Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 01:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
raerob

Kevin...how do you think you did on today's interview?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks raerob, Digger, grumpy, Ang, Missy, Laura, T2S, BSPGirl and Carol.

Its 8:30am and I have not had the interview yet raerob, still waiting to hear when it will be, could be today or Monday. Will keep you posted.

Feeling much better this morning and continuing to look for work while I wait.

Kevin