Notices

Saving my daughter..

Old 01-05-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saving my daughter..

Good morning.

My name is Diane and I have a 17 year old daughter that has a drug problem. I myself, am in recovery from addiction. The funny thing is, I can tell you how I got sober but can't begin to find a way to set my daughter on the right path. We live in Farmers Branch Tx. If any of you know of an action plan or have had some of the same experience please share your thoughts and ideas.

I know I can't 'save' her, because I am not GOD...but as a mom I feel there may be one more thing I could try...

Thank you in advance for any feedback...Diane
Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Diane
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I did tooo. My daughter is now over it, at 25 but it took alot of struggling at times. The fact you are sober youurself goes a long way toiward elevating the energy between you two. What I mean is that your power of example may work internally on your daughter in ways you cannot see yet. As long as your power of example is one of you staying sober, staying humble and receptive, staying on your own path of truth, tolerance, acceptance and kindness. On a nuts and bolts "plan" level, talk to professionals in your area. God works through them as well as you. God works through invisible channels, all we need to do is stay clear and open. The professionals may open your eyes to methods that will work. I pray for you and your daughter and have faith in a positive outcome.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you...I knew the things you wrote before they were written words. I just needed to read them outloud. When I looked at Katy last night in church, I noticed some of the light in her eyes had dimmed and that broke my heart. My first thought was God...have I lost my daughter? thank you again for post!

Diane
Old 01-05-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Diane
I'm sorry for your situation...luckily your daughter is still young so if she can get into recovery soon, she has her whole life ahead of her! I'm glad about your own recovery I am sure you are an inspiration on some level for your daughter.

I can imagine you are worried. What springs to mind immediately in terms of practicality is Narcotics Anonymous program. My sister is a drug addict and we went to her first meeting together in October - she is now over 3 months clean!!! The first time in YEARS

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltool...rchResults.cfm

On this link you will find a number of times and locations for NA meetings.

Because she is so young she will be welcomed even MORESO!

You might also want to check out substance abuse and na board on this website.

I hope your daughter will consider NA. My own sister has become alive again, and I know precisely what you mean by that light going out - it had almost been extinguished in my sister's case, and you just would not believe the positive change in her. It's because NA taught her how to live, and address her thinking and living problems as well as giving up the drugs.

Good luck Diane
Cathy31
x