Notices

The Alchoholic Noticed...

Old 01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Alchoholic Noticed...

Just a little spin.
O.K. I'm a few months into recovery, and like everyone else I've noticed some things. Actually, a lot of things. I hope we can use this thread to poke a little fun.

I hope you'll share your experience in this area.

As for me, one thing I've noticed is;
I have a very keen sense of smell when booze is involved. I was actually able to pick out who was drinking Bud and who was drinking Coors at the Fiesta Bowl game. Oddly enough I watched it on TV, alone.
Look for me on "Most Wanted" chasing criminals through the woods, on a leash, with a bunch of bloodhounds.

Is that Brut I smell on my wife's pillow? Kidding, my super power only works with booze.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
raerob

I have a very keen sense of smell when booze is involved.
Uh, Huh! Also, cigarette smoke, since I quite smoking 16 years ago. The smell of pot, too, and I never really smoked, beyond trying it a couple of times.

It's like my AA-dar kicks in whenever I'm in/near a situation dangerous to my sobriety.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I was actually able to pick out who was drinking Bud and who was drinking Coors at the Fiesta Bowl game. Oddly enough I watched it on TV, alone.
Um...you believe you could smell it through the tv screen??
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Smile!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by cncinc
Kidding, my super power only works with booze.
hahaha thats a good one,
no superpowers for me yet, but I THINK my brain is working better again!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

If, you can try not to be where you're going to be around the smell of alochol. If, this can't be helped make sure you have some support with you in these situations.

I still don't like to be with a large group that's gettin hammered and I'm there watching them
Old 01-04-2006, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

But it is funny/odd what you notice

I've read lot of helpful information on this site. All serious. I know this disease is a tough one and nothing to laugh at. My goal though, is to post about the odd little things, the "things that make you go hmmmm", and make others smile now and then.

I couldn't really smell beer through the TV. But I did pick up the scent of wine about 20 feet away. No, the smell of booze doesn't make me want to drink. Yes, I smell cigarettes three cars away on the highway.

I try not to be a bad "ex" anything, but drunk people, sadly enough, are amusing.

Noticed:

My wife made mini cupcakes for our guests and didn't offer me one. It had a drop of green booze in it. Funny, you'd think it was a jello-shot.

Post what you notice, we all need a laugh.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Yep. Same here. Now I'm noticed who AT MY JOB is going out at lunch and picking up!! Never noticed that before (nor had I ever done it), b/c my sense of smell was caput b/c of drinking and smoking. I still smoke, but my sense of smell w/ alcohol has really kicked in. Even smelled it at a meeting the other night. Tried to think that maybe that person was using mouthwash before the meeting, but I had my suspicions.

Glad I'm not alone w/ this, and glad we're all sober to share this kinda stuff!!

Hugs,