Notices

hello

Old 01-01-2006, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

Hello,

I am new to soberrecovery but not new to recovery. I have tried various approaches and I find that I am still strugglling to end my addicitive behaviors. **deep breath**...I have a dual diagnosis of alcoholism and clinical depression. I am glad to have found you here at soberrecovery. Where is a good place to begin? Also, I am not able to get into the chatroom. It says "invalid username or password". Got any suggestions? Thank you!

ps. Is there any way to get rid of the feature next to my posts that says where i am from?

Itsmine

Last edited by itsmine; 01-01-2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: need to add something i left out
Old 01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Im new here too..and new to recovery. You have to register for the chat room as well as this site. I think you can edit your profile to not include where you live or just put a funny place like Sobervillle USA.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Here is a good starting thread...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ect-47857.html

Glad to see a new member....
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both for your replies and for the link. This has got to be the most densly packed message board I have ever seen!I'm feeling really overwhelmed right now. I would really like to go to a meeting but the system will not let me in (I reigistered with chat and received a confirmation email the day that I registered here) Any other Ideas? Is there a technical support forum somewhere on this site?

Thanks again
Old 01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,

I am just bumbing this up because it slid down to the bottom of the second page and I was afraid it would just keep sliding out of site. I was really interested in trying a meeting but everything I have tried to get into the chat room has not worked. I feel frustrated and sad. Is there anyone anyone anyone that can help? Thanks again.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I just reported your post to the SR Moderators asking for help.

It seems you are not the only one having problems...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ble-81825.html

I never use Chat...so I do not know. Sorry.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome itsmine, I cant get into the chat area either, probably because I have a dinasor of a computer and I am on dial up. Just wanted to welcome you to SR you have found a great place for support.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First I would like to say thank you for the warm welcomes.This seems like a pretty friendly place. I am completely discouraged though that I cannot participate in meetings as I can't get into chat no matter what I try. I think I gave it a really good try. Without any technical help/assistance, it is just not going to happen. I think I am going to look elsewhere at this point. I Thank you.