Drugs

hI EVERYONE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND VERY SCARED, i NEED HELP
Old 12-28-2005, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whats happening Smithy how can we help?

Lee
Old 12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'M NOT SURE HOW ANYONE CAN HELP. i NEED TO TALK ,POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, GIVE ME HOPE. iHAVE DONE COCAINE OFF/ON FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS NOW. WOW, DID I JUST SAY THAT? nOW HAVE TRIED CRACK AND SEEM VERY INVOLVED. I REALLY THOUGHT I COULD QUIT ON MY OWN, BUT I'M SURE NOW THAT I CAN'T. I AM HURTING MY FAMILY,JOB AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS POSSIBLE TO DESTROY. I BELIEVE I NEED REHAB OF SOME FORM. I'M HURTING.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard smitty. I have been there myself. My DOC was Crack. I have been clean for over 7 months. I had to get away for a while to detox. Since then, I have stayed clean and sober through Narcotics Anonymous.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hiya Smitty, Welcome Its Lisa Here,
It Would Be A Good Idea For You To Detox Your Body In A Treatment Centre. I Came Out Of One 5 Weeks Ago And It Did Me The World Of Good. I Do Go Na Meetings And They Really Help. I Take Each Day At A Time. Keep Posting.xx
Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

Welcome to the board smitty. Just want to say, about trying crack. Keep it at tried. There is no need to go another step further in that direction. You made a great action by coming here for help. Keep posting and when you feel an urge, post some more. Take a positive action to replace a negative action.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Smitty -

Crack brought me to my knees. I also used pot daily, and was a blackout drinker to boot...

one day, in the middle of a week run, while i was crawling around on the carpet looking for peices i MUST have dropped.... I had a sober thought...Just the spark of an idea - that i neeeded help to quit... I Decided to quit, and check into a rehab that day... just decided...That idea stayed with me through the rest of the binge, and i got the courage to ask my family to help me get into a rehab... it took a month to finally make it in, but i was ready to try to live clean, and knew i would have to change everything... My next 20 days, i spent in rehab... In rehab, there was this consoler, who told me that I would HAVE to surround myself with people that had found the way to live clean...NA meetings every day, AA meetings every day...Thats where addicts recover, and live clean every day... They helped me, and we can help you... Please get yourself to a meeting, and ask for help... NA can help, and the 12 steps work, if you work them...

Aaron
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

THXS AARON. WOW, R U SURE YOUR NOT A FLY ON THE WALL? i BELIEVE REHAB IS THE ANSWER FOR ME. IT GIVES ME HOPE TO KNOW THAT IF I CAN'T GET INTO REHAB TODAY THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS. I HAVE BEEN TO 1 NA MEETING IN WHICH I CRIED THROUGH THE WHOLE THING, I LITERALLY COULD NOT SPEAK. I JUST LISTENED. I DON'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO GO ON MY OWN ISN'T THAT A SHAME? I WORK IN HEALTHCARE AND INSTRUCT PATIENTS EVERY DAY ON WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO IMPROVE THEIR PHYSICAL HEALTH AND HERE I AM. IS THIS REALLY MY LIFE? YOUR ADVICE IS VERY VALUABLE, I NEED COURAGE TO GO TO A MEETING MYSELF CAUSE MY CRACK FRIENDS R NOT READY. I DON'T EVEN LIKE THEM PEOPLE. IF IT WASN'T FOR DRUGS I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER HANGIN' WITH THEM PEOPLE. I HAVE LOWERED MY STANDARDS CONSIDERABLLY. I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LAURIE.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((( laurie )))))

I can't believe the people I hung with when I was out there using! Time to get yourself a new life. I'm sure you're like the rest of us who one day realized that the coke was doing them instead of us doing the coke.

Stop the madness.. you've had a good run at it and now that period of your life is ready to become your history.

Good idea to call rehab center.. do it soon OK?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lisa Here, I Couldnt Face Rehab For A Long Time, I Thought Everything Would Sort Its Self Out But It Got Worse. My Ex Was The Person I Had To Escape He Sorted Me Out With The Drugs I Wanted, A 12 Year Relationship Down The Pan. But I Knew It Was The Drugs Keeping Us Together. My Brother Talked Me In To Rehab And I Dont Regret It. I Couldnt Share In My First Na Meeting I Find It Hard Now. It Comes Believe Me. Keep Posting.xx
Old 12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Smitty, Welcome to SR
Old 12-29-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thxs Michski And Lisa4, All Feedback Is Really Appreciated. Its Unbelievable How I Am Able To Relate To You All. I'm Starting To Feel Less Alone, But Will Never Feel Overly Confident That I Have This Addiction Nipped. I Think That Was One Of My Many Problems In The Past. I Was Dancing With Death. To Know Something Has That Much Power Over Me Is Nauseating. I Must Be A Real Slow Learner. One Second At A Time For Me.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nogard, Thxs. That Is A Pretty Powerful Message.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Originally Posted by smitty
To Know Something Has That Much Power Over Me Is Nauseating
For me, in knowing that I was powerless I had to turn to something that was more powerful to help keep me sober. I'm Danielle, welcome...by the way. My DOC is alcohol, but I am very much an addict.
I found a solution that works for me in the rooms of AA, and I would be glad to answer any questions you may have about it. There's also a NA forum here, if you would like to check it out. I've only been to a couple of NA meetings so I'm not too familiar with their format--but I heard it's pretty much the same.
You don't have to pick up and use again if you don't want to! And you can turn that nauseating feeling into relief...in fact...that's how I felt when I finally came to the conclusion that I couldn't stop drinking on my own.

Danielle
Old 12-29-2005, 02:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You're not a slow learner... you're an addict.

Please give a rehab the all important phone call???????
Old 12-29-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Michski, I'm A "baby" Recovering Addict. I'm Sure I Need To Hear It How It Is; But You Just Brought Tears To My Eyes With Your First Sentence. I Can Not Even Say It Out Loud To Myself Yet. I Suck Right Now. I Do Believe Hearing Those Words Is What I Need. I Need To Grow Up, Get Educated And Rehab. Waiting To Hear Back From Them.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thxs Squirrelly77. True Inspiration.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

keep coming back!

welcome! This is a great place to get help and build an awesome support system, keep us posted!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

****{Hugs}}} Laurie...
I'm an addict, Meth was my DOC. Also am a nurse so understand a lot about thet...feeling like a hippocrite thing.
I kept using until they noticed at work, I failed a UA. I had to do treatment to keep my job. Best thing that could have happened to me...I was busted before I had a chance to hurt someone who I was taking care of...
Cause I'm not sure I could have lived with that...
Been clean & sober since 8/15/01
Old 12-29-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cindi R
****{Hugs}}} Laurie...
I'm an addict, Meth was my DOC. Also am a nurse so understand a lot about thet...feeling like a hippocrite thing.
I kept using until they noticed at work, I failed a UA. I had to do treatment to keep my job. Best thing that could have happened to me...I was busted before I had a chance to hurt someone who I was taking care of...
Cause I'm not sure I could have lived with that...
Been clean & sober since 8/15/01
GLAD YOU GOT BUSTED TOO. NOT ONLY FOR OTHERS LIVES AS YOU PUT IT , BUT FOR YOU. LOVE YOUR QUOTE! I KNOW ADDICTS ARE OF ALL FLAVORS OF LIFE, BUT I'M SUPPOSE TO BE BETTER THEN THAT. WE ARE HEALTH CARE WORKERS. OUR JOB IS TO GET OTHERS HEALTHY, YA KNOW. I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE, THXS FOR THE INPUT. I NEED TO LET GO OF THE PRIDE, BEFORE THE PRIDE DOESN'T LET GO OF ME.
LAURIE